Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 4:57:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 4:57:56 AM EDT by cluster]
www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/09/osbourne.accident/index.html

Ozzy Osbourne seriously injured in accident

LONDON, England (CNN) --Ozzy Osbourne has been seriously injured in an accident while riding an all-terrain vehicle on the grounds of his British estate, a publicist for the heavy metal legend said.

Cindy Guagenti said Osbourne underwent emergency surgery after breaking his collarbone, several ribs and a vertebra in his neck Monday.

On Tuesday, Osbourne was "stable and comfortable" at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough, west of London, hospital medical director Dr. Dick Jack said.

"When he was admitted, he had a fractured left collarbone ... with some damage to the blood vessel that lies underneath it," Jack said in a statement.

"He had eight fractured ribs on the left, and in addition to that, he has a small ... entirely stable fracture of ... one of the vertebrae in his neck. This is not a major problem.

"The emergency anesthetic and surgical team repaired the blood vessel and re-established the blood supply to the left hand and arm. The left collarbone was then reconstructed and he was taken to the intensive care unit where he spent the night comfortably. He's resting.

"This morning he will be seen by the doctors who are taking care of him. They will reassess him and make decisions as to what his treatment should be next."

Guagenti earlier said the surgery was necessary to "lift the collarbone, which is believed to be resting on a major artery interrupting blood flow to his arm."

Guagenti also said earlier that doctors were attempting to stop "some bleeding into his lungs," but she said the injuries were not considered life-threatening.

The accident took place on the 55-year-old rocker's Buckinghamshire property north of London while he was taking a day off from promoting a new single he recorded with his daughter, Kelly.

Osbourne and his family star in a taped Christmas special airing on MTV Thursday.

The third season of their reality TV series "The Osbournes" debuts on the network in January.

In an article in Sunday's Los Angeles Times, the former lead singer of Black Sabbath said his unusual behavior on "The Osbournes" was the result of a 42-pill-a-day regimen prescribed by his Beverly Hills doctor, which included anti-psychotic drugs and tranquilizers.

Osbourne said he has since fired his physician.

An attorney for the doctor told the Times the allegations were false.

Osbourne's publicist said pills had nothing to do with his accident Monday.

Osbourne made headlines in his native Britain last month when he told a newspaper he had been sexually molested as a child and suffered emotional consequences for many years afterward.

CNN's Matt Carey contributed to this report

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:59:14 AM EDT
who cares ????????
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:08:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 5:08:29 AM EDT by jfrush]
Originally Posted By AR-15NUTT: who cares ????????
View Quote
Sharon Osbourne.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:14:18 AM EDT
hope he will recover
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:17:08 AM EDT
[Ozzy]aahsshhzeben...benuh lebana ashaaaa nah be ga ....SHARON!!! [/Ozzy]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:37:35 AM EDT
no worries it only takes one hand to eat a bat.[lol]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:51:03 AM EDT
What do they give him for pain??------------[coffee]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:08:19 AM EDT
I guarantee Sharon immediately started calling her people to make some moves to make money in case Ozzy died before she thought about him as a husband in a hospital. He's her meal ticket, and she's a huge bitch.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:19:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GoldtopDude: What do they give him for pain??------------[coffee]
View Quote
privet stock pile[:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:20:37 AM EDT
I bet Sharon "administered" his meds and encouraged him to get after it on the ATV.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:20:44 AM EDT
I'm sure he can't feel anything. He is still numb from all the drugs in his system. It will be at least 20 tears before he feels anything.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:32:17 AM EDT
an ATV. The man is so burnt he can barely use a fork safely and they put him on an ATV?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:07:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Johninaustin: an ATV. The man is so burnt he can barely use a fork safely and they put him on an ATV?
View Quote
I can't figure that one out either.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:10:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By glimmerman68:
Originally Posted By Johninaustin: an ATV. The man is so burnt he can barely use a fork safely and they put him on an ATV?
View Quote
I can't figure that one out either.
View Quote
I was thinking that too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:14:42 AM EDT
They are shitty parents to their kids, that's all I know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:19:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno: [Ozzy]aahsshhzeben...benuh lebana ashaaaa nah be ga ....SHARON!!! [/Ozzy]
View Quote
Ever vigilant, the Grammar-stapo springs into action to point out an egregious error in [b]Johnny_Reno[/b]'s post. The correct structure should be:
[Ozzy]aahsshhzeben...benuh [red] crhffsh [/red]lebana ashaaaa nah [red] fnrro [/red]be ga ....SHARON!!! [/Ozzy]
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:23:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tattoo:
Originally Posted By GoldtopDude: What do they give him for pain??------------[coffee]
View Quote
privet stock pile[:D]
View Quote
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:39:58 AM EDT
Doctor: Ozzy...Ozzy? Can you hear me? Osborne: Grhfns, sglogun? mljethoavklfml! Doctor: That's right, your collar bone is broken and some of your ribs. Osborne: Juirpolieace!!!!! Doctor: Exactly. Now that you know what's wrong, just get some rest and we'll have you right as rain in no time. Or as right as you get.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:45:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lvgunner777: They are shitty parents to their kids, that's all I know.
View Quote
That's why the kids are so fucked up. I mean look at Kelly she's a skank
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:28:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rn45: Doctor: Ozzy...Ozzy? Can you hear me? Osborne: Grhfns, sglogun? mljethoavklfml! Doctor: That's right, your collar bone is broken and some of your ribs. Osborne: Juirpolieace!!!!! Doctor: Exactly. Now that you know what's wrong, just get some rest and we'll have you right as rain in no time. Or as right as you get.
View Quote
Your kill'in me! [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:42:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MountainMan8: I guarantee Sharon immediately started calling her people to make some moves to make money in case Ozzy died before she thought about him as a husband in a hospital. He's her meal ticket, and she's a huge bitch. So true.
Top Top