Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2003 4:49:30 AM EDT
Al Gore just said the democracy is a team sport. Now I see what the problem is with the Democrats, they think we live in a democracy. We don't, we live in a REPUBLIC. In a democracy the majority rules by vote, in a Rebublic a Constitution is drafted with the "law of the land" and everyone follows it, not majority rule. This is why democrats think that it's ok to vote out guns even though the Constitution guarrentees that we can keep firearms for the common defence against all enemies, forgine or domestic. Now I understand why there so messed up in the head.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:46:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 7:48:21 AM EDT by Airwolf]
Ask 100 people on the street what form of government the US has you'll get 90-95% tell you "Democracy". If you tell them they're wrong, that our form of government is a Constitutional Republic you'll get a deer in the headlight stare and a "What's the difference?" Why do you think so many dumbocrats are STILL harping on the fact the Gore should have won the election because he got the most popular votes? This is not by accident. The public (government) schools have failed to teach the fundamentals of how our government is SUPPOSED to be run and therefore most people believe that whatever 50%+1 says, goes unless you’re in a “protected class” and then everyone else’s needs get shitcanned for YOUR needs. Problem with that is that almost EVERYONE thinks that they are entitled to be “special” today.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:47:58 AM EDT
I guess it's getting to the point where not being "special"(read, white,male, conservative)wil be special in and of it's self. I'll be glad when we get back to the "law of the land" and stop all this "the ones with the most votes wins" crap. There are rules and laws and protections put forth in the Constitution that are non-negeotionalble(spelling?) but for some reason people still think that if you get enough votes even they can be overturned.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:04:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Airwolf: If you tell them they're wrong, that our form of government is a Constitutional Republic you'll get a deer in the headlight stare and a "What's the difference?"
View Quote
[bs]...... It says right here..... Oh wait a minute.....hey that can't be right, my High School AP US Gov't teacher told me it was a democracy. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:10:08 AM EDT
This may be semantics, but may be more than that: Aren't we a democratic republic? I know we are a republic, but isn't the actually historical/government nomenclature democratic republic?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:21:38 AM EDT
No NOT the same. Federal or Constitutional Republic. NOT Dumbocratic Republic
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:05:54 AM EDT
Aren't we a REPRESENTATIVE republic? A democratic republic suggests that we all have a say as long as it is according to the constitution. But since we have Representatives and Senators along with a Constitution we are a REPRESENTATIVE Republic. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:28:06 AM EDT
Article IV, Section 4: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government..."
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:48:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 11:51:24 AM EDT by SHIVAN]
[url=http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us]US Background[/url] Well, at least one source considers us a [b]democratic republic[/b].....it also refers to us a a [b]federal republic[/b] Where is ETH when you need him....[?]
Top Top