Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/8/2003 4:32:30 PM EDT
Everytime someone posts something on here about spending more than $3 on something other than a gun, a bunch of folks come crawling out of the woodwork with "you know how many guns you could buy with that?"  Guess what, the world doesn't rise & set on fucking guns!  If you think it does, the rest of the world has a term for you, fucking dork!  If you're that guy, driving around in a '72 pinto, wearing walmart clothes, eating Hungry Man dinners everynight sitting on a milkcrate in your two room shack that you own free and clear on some land that's out in the middle of the swamp, tell time by a sundial, sharpen disposable razor blades, don't own a book, TV, computer, pet, or anything else remotely nice other than an M16, you're called either a fucking dork or a psycho.  And not psycho in the way that everyone around here seems to like to toss the word around.  Not the "look at me, I'm so damn cool, everyone thinks I'm a psycho", but the true booger eating hair picking kind of psycho.  The john malvo type of psycho.

Lets be clear, everyone has outside hobbies.  Ok, everyone normal.  And everyone has SOMETHING other than guns that they like to have nice.  Whether it's a taste for expensive cigars, or wine, or beer, or clothes, or cars, or model trains, or shoes, or whatever, it's there.  Again, at least everyone normal.

Also, not everyone here makes the same amount of money.  I might just wipe my ass with the same amount of money that some of you would dive into the gutter to retrieve, and if that Hielo guy isn't full of shit then I'm sure he'd wipe his ass with an amount that would send me diving to the gutter.

So for christ's sake, when somebody posts something non-firearms related that they want, if you don't have something to contribute to the conversation, shut the fuck up.  Take your hyper-active little fingers over to another thread and whine some more about how you can't get a date, or how the liberal media is ruining the universe, or whatever other tired bullshit your needle is stuck on.

Thank you.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
In the time it took you to write and post that you could have bought a gun! [:D]

[lol]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I [b]STILL[/b] feel guilty about having a $200 watch...

Im a simple man though.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with you Norm.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
As I stated earlier,  there is more to a good watch besides keeping accurate time.

A well designed and crafted watch will last a lifetime with proper care.

Get what you want,  I love my Movado, I will post a pic if you want.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
other than the fact that you did not notice that I like cars too, how did you manage such excellent recon?

I mean knowing that I sharpen my disposible razors, man you are good.

one dork checking in.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I agree with you Norm.
View Quote

So do I...

Now STFU and go buy another gun! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Leave Heilo out of this
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF is your point?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A well designed and crafted watch will last a lifetime with proper care.

Get what you want,  I love my Movado, I will post a pic if you want.
View Quote

I'm always amazed at how expensive really good watches can get!  

It's not for me - like Lumpy, I consider my $300 watch an increible extravagance - but I completely understand how someone could drop thousands of dollars on a nice watch.

By the same token, I've got many thousands of dollars in the porcelain and silver that we use for nice dinners - but there are lots of people who could never spend money on something as "pointless" as really nice hand-painted china.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
A m e n
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Dont buy another gun,
BUY more ammo!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Im a simple man though.  
View Quote

Mine cost me 89.00 it was on sale, you watch snob. [:)]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/lg_we_72119.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A m e n
View Quote

Glad to hear another Mach I owner say that.  By the time I'm done restoring mine, I could have bought a transferable M-16. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#14]
It does seem like guns hold their value better than most things.

Different strokes for different folks. I think $30 is too much to spend for a watch, but I will spend $1000 an acre for sagebrush and Aspen forests.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Easy there mcuzi, i mean norman [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I spent 300 on a Panasonic TV. Small, but the right size for the room.
I could have bought that .32 auto I wanted, maybe even a PPK, but I spend more time watching TV than I do shooting.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Easy there mcuzi, i mean norman [;)]
View Quote

Nah, I can't be him.  I insulted him on another board by asking what he was going to be when he grows up.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Hungry Man dinners?

What the fuck son?  You think I'm made of money.  Get the damn store brand and save 11 cents.  

Damn kids nowadays, don't understand the value of a penny......
[:D]

Damn Norm!!!  That shit is funny!  What did you buy and get ridiculed for to cause such a rant?

[rofl2][red]Edited to add:[/red] Nevermind.  I read the $1K watch thread!  I had a $30k Rolex on my wrist for about 5 minutes one time.  I think the old lady (who applied her makeup with a spatula and  painted on her eyebrows [puke] ) behind the counter was hitting on me. [rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I could have bought that .32 auto I wanted, maybe even a PPK, but I spend more time watching TV than I do shooting.
View Quote

Well, now I feel like a real asshole.  My Panasonic TV cost $1300!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im a simple man though.  
View Quote

Mine cost me 89.00 it was on sale, you watch snob. [:)]
[url]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/lg_we_72119.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Hey a wack-ass former GF bought it for me with MY credit card.

I wear the beat up $20 Timex everyday [:p]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Relax Norman-

Mine is only 27 in. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Norm, don't let it bother you. The ones giving you a hard time are the ones who have bought into the class warfare of the Democrats. They actually believe that the "rich" don't pay enough taxes. I would bet alot are union members or sympathize with unions. 5% of the population is paying 80% of the taxes and they don't think it is fair! Buy your watch or whatever else you want and keep on prospering.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Relax Norman-

Mine is only 27 in. [:D]
View Quote

Well now...It appears someone prospered in the gene pool...It's not polite to brag. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Bravo, Norman!

While my guns may have appreciated in value more than almost everything else we own, (real estate excepted, maybe), we can now make our living with our exquisite collection of antiques and silver and porcelains here in the B&B.

Most of us can be quite canny shoppers, and the bottom line is, "Whatever makes you happy!"

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...right?

To each their own, that is what America is about.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I see your [red]$1300[/red] raise you another [red]$1300[/red] for the Toshiba LCD flat screen i just bought.
Ill even toss in another $300 for the Lalique  i purchased too.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#26]
GET BOTH !
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I just completly blew my M-16 budget( i'm blaming it on ARFCOM being down for so long) on two of these.

[img]http://image.polarisindustries.com//atv/gallery/04g_Sports500_Grn_Pro.jpg[/img]

Who is going to be the First to tell me I should of bought Mrs.E6 and I matching RR M16's instead of matching Quads? [:D]

echo6
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I see your [red]$1300[/red] raise you another [red]$1300[/red] for the Toshiba LCD flat screen i just bought.
Ill even toss in another $300 for the Lalique  i purchased too.

View Quote

I looked at the flat screens, but didn't want to have to go LCD, and didn't think the cost benefit of plasma was there.  They are nice as hell though. Can I come over and play my xbox on it? lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just completly blew my M-16 budget( i'm blaming it on ARFCOM being down for so long) on two of these.

[url]http://image.polarisindustries.com//atv/gallery/04g_Sports500_Grn_Pro.jpg[/url]

Who is going to be the First to tell me I should of bought Mrs.E6 and I matching RR M16's instead of matching Quads? [:D]

echo6
View Quote

Not me!  I want to go for a spin!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Not me! I want to go for a spin!!
View Quote

That could probably be arranged [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not me! I want to go for a spin!!
View Quote

That could probably be arranged [;)]
View Quote

One question though, what are the extra two wheels for?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hungry Man dinners?

What the fuck son?  You think I'm made of money.  Get the damn store brand and save 11 cents.  

Damn kids nowadays, don't understand the value of a penny.....
View Quote
store brand frozen dinners?  Too expensive.  I'm eating twigs and dirt tonight.  That's all I can afford.
I was diving in the fountain at the mall for change, but I got beat up after school and the bullies took my lunch money.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#34]
sounds good norm, ill even spring for the cheap beer and dominatrix.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I purchased a $200.00 Seiko watch in the mid eighties and it regularly gets confused with a Rolex.  I also purchased a $60.00 Gucci belt in Palm Beach - Guess what? - Belt and watch are still going other belts have been trashed several times since then.

Quality lives on - long after price is forgotten.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Everytime someone posts something on here about spending more than $3 on something other than a gun, a bunch of folks come crawling out of the woodwork with "you know how many guns you could buy with that?"  Guess what, the world doesn't rise & set on fucking guns!  If you think it does, the rest of the world has a term for you, fucking dork!  If you're that guy, driving around in a '72 pinto, wearing walmart clothes, eating Hungry Man dinners everynight sitting on a milkcrate in your two room shack that you own free and clear on some land that's out in the middle of the swamp, tell time by a sundial, sharpen disposable razor blades, don't own a book, TV, computer, pet, or anything else remotely nice other than an M16, you're called either a fucking dork or a psycho.  And not psycho in the way that everyone around here seems to like to toss the word around.  Not the "look at me, I'm so damn cool, everyone thinks I'm a [i]psycho[/i]", but the true booger eating hair picking kind of psycho.  The john malvo type of psycho.

Lets be clear, everyone has outside hobbies.  Ok, everyone normal.  And everyone has SOMETHING other than guns that they like to have nice.  Whether it's a taste for expensive cigars, or wine, or beer, or clothes, or cars, or model trains, or shoes, or whatever, it's there.  Again, at least everyone normal.

Also, not everyone here makes the same amount of money.  I might just wipe my ass with the same amount of money that some of you would dive into the gutter to retrieve, and if that Hielo guy isn't full of shit then I'm sure he'd wipe his ass with an amount that would send me diving to the gutter.

So for christ's sake, when somebody posts something non-firearms related that they want, if you don't have something to contribute to the conversation, shut the fuck up.  Take your hyper-active little fingers over to another thread and whine some more about how you can't get a date, or how the liberal media is ruining the universe, or whatever other tired bullshit your needle is stuck on.

Thank you.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
View Quote

I agree Norm. You should be able to spend your money on whatever you want.

For me, thats my guns. Thats it. Thats where my world rises and sets, insofar as material things. I dont wear fancy name brand clothes. I wear a Casio G-shok watch. I drive a soft top Jeep with a $75 lift. Etc.
Yeah, there are thins I would like to do to my Jeep maybe, but, When I have to make a choice where to spend my money, which is VERY limited, it goes to my guns first and foremost. I dont care if anyone thinks my guns are cool though. I just want them to work. So, I try to spring for nothing but the best for them. They are what I study, what I read about, what I spend my spare time practicing with, etc. Guess that makes me one of those Jon Malvo type psycho dorks. [%|] Guess I have never really be "normal".[BD]

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#37]
No wonder they didn't like you at the 1911 forums!

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guess that makes me one of those Jon Malvo type psycho dorks.
View Quote

I disagree.  Your family is what keeps you separated if nothing else.  from the one time I've met you, and the way I see you post on here, I can tell that they are more important to you than your guns, or at least a close second [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess that makes me one of those Jon Malvo type psycho dorks.
View Quote

I disagree.  Your family is what keeps you separated if nothing else.  from the one time I've met you, and the way I see you post on here, I can tell that they are more important to you than your guns, or at least a close second [;)]
View Quote

Quoted:
Thats where my world rises and sets, [red]insofar as material things[/red].
View Quote

Yes, my family is my #1 thing overall. One reason why my guns are so important to me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Guess what, the world doesn't rise & set on fucking guns!  
View Quote

we will not have such blasphemy here!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Norman, how do you REALLY feel?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Guess what, the world doesn't rise & set on fucking guns!  
View Quote

I vote that this statement be striken from the record, reason: he obviously is suffering from some kind of post dramatic reaction to ARFcom being offline.

Oh man! I do NOT want my GF to see this, every time I will say I really need this gun thing, she will say "remember what Norman said!!" I have worked very hard at convincing her that the world DOES rise and set on guns, please don't ruin my life [>(] take back, take it all back...

Eh Norman, spend your money on anything you want, just give it a gun name, like a watch is a gun device that tells you when it's time to go shooting again, or how long it's been since you fired off a round or when it's time for me to STFU..[8D]

I just spent 1k$ on oil changes & maintenance to my Jeep device that brings to my shooting place..eheh

[edited 4 freaken times cuse I can't spell, should have spent more money on my college edu.]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Different strokes for different folks. I think $30 is too much to spend for a watch, but I will spend $1000 an acre for sagebrush and Aspen forests.
View Quote

Please do tell where land might be that cheap?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#44]
The best watch made are those made by Luminox. There is no better and I got my Navy Seals diver on EBAY for $129.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Norman, I agree with you. I would look at Omega. Check out Ebay. You can find them from $800 to $1300.

The people that complain about other peoples outside interest are often the same KIND of people that would argue that someone shouldn't be able to buy a military type rifle because they were not meant for the public.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Please do tell where land might be that cheap?
View Quote

swampland in northern WI.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I just dropped $1900 on a M1A Match....and that seems high to me!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Who cares? If you want it, you buy it.

When I first came here with my first stock AR, I thought all of you owning multiple guns and expensive accessories are crazy. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Im a poor college student making 2 bucks over minimum wage, I'm getting a custom m1a built up off a lrb reciever at Smith Enterprise...

I drive an 89 240sx with a bum gaspump...

I'll tell ya one thing... one of those items is worth ten times more then the other... and its not the car ;)

I think my priorities are in the right place.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#50]
... Go for it man, you only live once. I just recently got static from both my mom and dad for building a gameroom / bar in my basement.

... For one, dad thought I could have spent the money more wisely. And two, they both thought I was turning my home into a party house.

... Funny thing, I haven't lived under either of their roofs in over 25 years.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top