Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 10:37:28 PM EDT
www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2278449

Dec. 7, 2003, 9:36PM

Service station gunfight leaves one man dead

Copyright 2003 Houston Chronicle

A shooting at a west Houston gas station early Sunday left one man dead at the scene and another injured, police said.

Jenze Erik Rozo, 21, was killed about 2:30 a.m. after leaving a night club at Silber and the Katy Freeway. Houston police said Rozo, of the 9900 block of Richmond, and another man pulled into a gas station in the 7700 block of the Katy Freeway to check his transmission.

A fight broke out there between Rozo's passenger and people in a Cadillac sedan. People in a Cadillac Escalade who were friends with those in the other Cadillac pulled up and began firing pistols at Rozo and his companion, police said. The gunmen fled the scene.

Police said almost 40 shell casings were found in the parking lot after the shooting. Police said both vehicles were painted royal blue and had distinctive "spinning" wheel rims.

Rozo died from a gunshot to the chest. The other man, whose name was not available, was treated for a gunshot and released.

Instead of horses, they come in blue Cadillacs with spinning rims. Nice. And this is a "good" part of town, too. I drive by here all the time. Where the middle-class kids play on a Sat. night.

Sure glad I have my CHL. But instead of a five-shot J-frame, I may have to upgrade to a wondernine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If I read that right, only one side had guns.  A gunfight involves both sides having guns.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If I read that right, only one side had guns.  A gunfight involves both sides having guns.
View Quote

Yah, OK. Must have been at least two pistols though. Maybe that's the media's definition of a "gunfight", regardless of which side had them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top