Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 8:25:13 PM EDT
Anyone shoot with a tripod instead of a bipod? If so, why? If you have but prefer a bipod, why? I'm looking for input into my bipod/tripod design.

Thanks,

CW
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2003 9:03:04 PM EDT by TheFNG]
Depends on what your shooting off of it. If its for an M2HB, I prefer the Tripod. If its for an AR the Bi-pod is the only way to go due to weight, manuverability and speed. What is your bipod/tripod design?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:13:53 PM EDT
If its a tripod, it will look a little like the HK PSG1 tripod except for a V shaped deployable pair of arms. The setup will give an infinitely adjustable ranges of heights between 6' and 24" per a request from a previous thread I created. If a bipod, something along the same lines. I have a Versapod bipod on my G3 and have played with the Harris family of bipods. Both have their strengths and weaknesses and I would like to see if I can do better. I think that with advanced materials and getting away from sliding tubes that a greater range of height adjustability and less complex adjustment can be had for the same or less weight. As I mentioned in a previous thread I'm a mech engineer looking for a design challenge. If my design works well and you guys like it, I'll sell the units for whatever I can get them fabricated for. Thanks FNG for the reply, CW
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:03:26 AM EDT
Very shameless BTT. Need input. CW
Top Top