Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 8:15:01 PM EDT
GEESE you guys,  I am trying to watch this game tonight and the damn announcers cannot seem to get off of Vick's nuts.

I mean,  it is getting really annoying,  THERE ARE OTHER PLAYERS ON THE FIELD!!!!

Anyone else feel the same way?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I noticed that too last week when atlanta played the texans.  As I recall he came in the game and couldn't pull out a win.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
dear God almighty, i actually like Michael Vick, but listening to 2 guys babble on non-stop about him for 4 hours almost pushed me to violence
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The announcers, Joe Theisman and crew, suck big time, and that's part of the problem, no matter what game they call and what their current favorite player is.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Try watching with the sound off.
Vick was a pleasure to watch tonite.

DanM
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My sister was over so we watched Pirates Of The Caribbean.

But I have to agree with a couple of the posters. That announcing team drives me to violence! They don't shut up! Ever!
And I can't stand any of them. Joe Theisman is bad, but that Paul McGuire drives me nuts. He's a bombastic, know-it-all that always has to be right. And at least 10-15 times every game he says "I'm going to tell you what" and then launches into some arcane or trivial point, until I want to slap him.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Who's michael vick?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree completely.  I mean 179 yards passing, 141 yards rushing (more than all of the Panthers' rushers combined) and throwing his body into the game with abandon?  Please...truly a mediocre effort and not worthy of any extra attention. [rolleyes]

I agree that the Sunday Night Football team can be a bit much, but THE MAN IS BACK!

Hey, this long-time Falcons fan has to have something to cheer about.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who's michael vick?
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing until I read this thread. Apparently he is a football player.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah im a carolina fan first and a atlanta fan second so tonight was good for me either way.but your right they do talk alot about him.
[usa]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The network and the anouncers had their hands and mouths full of Vicks package. They even highlighted his feet compared to Sanders at one point [rolleyes]. Monica Lewinsky aint got nothing on them, I am positive they didnt spill any.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's michael vick?
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing until I read this thread. Apparently he is a football player.
View Quote

I gathered that much [:D]

Oh well.  I didn't watch or listen to any of the games today.  I *might* catch the Monday night game, if its worth watching and I remember its on.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't even like the Falcons, but Vick is one BAMF.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, and so WAS Kurt Warner. 99% of NFL "stars" burn out in a year or two.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#14]
whoo I played Vick for my QB position this week in Fanasy Football...whoo hoo
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, and so WAS Kurt Warner. 99% of NFL "stars" burn out in a year or two.
View Quote

And thats different from any other sport how?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's michael vick?
View Quote

View Quote

please tell me you guys are kidding  [slap]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Like I said, I didn't watch or listen to any of the games today, and on the odd occasion I DO watch or listen to a game, I only half pay attention to it.

So, no, I'm not kidding.  Other than picking up from this thread that he's a QB, I don't know anything else about him.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Well I wasn't too happy to see him return (big panthers fan).  I did think that the focus on Vic was a bit over the top.  My personal favorite was the special Vic red line that marked the line of scrimmage.  It was there so that "we can see where he is in relation to the LOS"...come on...after a while all the camera shots of his feet (which btw I saw nothing special...in my opinion, it looked like he had "happy feet" or couldn't get settled down...somehting other QB's are critized for).

Its the same with Philly and McNabb.  Its like these folks forgot taht there is not "I" in team.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Like I said, I didn't watch or listen to any of the games today, and on the odd occasion I DO watch or listen to a game, I only half pay attention to it.

So, no, I'm not kidding.  Other than picking up from this thread that he's a QB, I don't know anything else about him.
View Quote

Nor, in the great scheme of things, does one need to.

[sleep]

I grew up in Foxborough, MA. Football was in our faces ALL the time, esp. after the Pat-Riots came to town....I've seen enough football in my time to choke a horse. Quarterback, tailback, whatever...[rolleyes] The fascination over grown men getting paid big bucks to chase around a pigskin bag full of air: I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Who is Michael Vick?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Between Vick and Ray "IShouldBeInJail" Lewis, I will not be watching NFL anymore.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Talk of Vick is mild compared to Lebron James!! He11, ESPNBA practicaly talks of him like he is the second coming of Christ!!!!  

Micheal Vick's career is probably not going to be a long one!!!  Yes, his runs are exciting but when you run like a running back chances are you are going to get Runningback injuries, the knees.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Michael Vick will last as long as the average NFL running back. Four full seasons.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Who is Michael Vick?
View Quote

He's a 3rd year starting Quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons. He's the quickest guy in the league, and when he jukes and puts on the moves he is the only player who just makes other players look flat-out silly. Plus he's a southpaw so his throwing motion looks so sweet. He's all that and a bag of chips. My prediction is if he stays healthy and team management can bring in some help, he'll go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The network and the anouncers had their hands and mouths full of Vicks package. They even highlighted his feet compared to Sanders at [red]one point[/red] [rolleyes]
View Quote

I think it was 2 or 3 times actually, and I went to bed at halftime.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Get used to it because Michael Vick is the Michael Jordan of the NFL, a virtual one-man team, as was demonstrated last night against a good Carolina defense.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#27]
[Rush Limbaugh]Perhaps the NFL and Media are desirous of a black quarterback to succeed.[/Rush Limbaugh]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#28]
99% of NFL "stars" burn out in a year or two.
View Quote

What a dumbass statement.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah , but Michael Vick needs a few more players around him before he will be real effective to get to the Dance. Anyway GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!! We can't choke 3 years in a row....... but this is Philadelphia!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#30]
My prediction is if he stays healthy and team management can bring in some help, he'll go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game.
View Quote

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT???

THE GREATEST???

[rofl2]

Tell that to Unitas, Theisman, Montana, Elway, Young, Marino, or Starr.

You are going to compare a good scrambling streaky quarterback to guys who have actually won big games and stayed consistent for what seemed like decades???  PALLEASEE
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My prediction is if he stays healthy and team management can bring in some help, he'll go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game.
View Quote

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT???

THE GREATEST???

[rofl2]

Tell that to Unitas, Theisman, Montana, Elway, Young, Marino, or Starr.

You are going to compare a good scrambling streaky quarterback to guys who have actually won big games and stayed consistent for what seemed like decades???  PALLEASEE
View Quote

I agree with lvgunner. He needs a top receiver to complement Price and he will post 4,000 yds passing, 1,000 yds rushing, annually. No? He almost passsed for 3,000 and ran for 1,000 last year and he didn't even start in a lot of games. Might as well put him at CB to cut off a third of the field on defense. Plus, this is his what, third year? Who would have thought Montana, Young, or some of those other guys would have been so good (thank you, Jerry) after their third year? Elway got his rings at the very end thanks to TD, and Marino never won one. I think Vick will, barring injuries. Look at him, he's unstoppable already and he's still learning. And fuck Theisman. Watching LT snap his leg is one of the most satisfying replays I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Marino didn't win the big one because:

A) He rarely had a good-to-great receiving corps
B) He never had a top-quality running game to take the pressure off him
C) He rarely had excellent blockers in front of him

You can't win without those things yet Dan almost overcame them anyway.

Elway had none of them either and lost three Super Bowls because of this. When he finally had a team around him, he won regularly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I couldnt care less about professional sports.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Oooookay. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
99% of NFL "stars" burn out in a year or two.
View Quote

What a dumbass statement.
View Quote

[:K]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Michael Vick is probably the most physically talented player in the league.  He could be all-pro at any of 5 different positions.  The hype is justified.  People forget he's only 23.  If he stays healthy, which I think he will as he learns the NFL game, he will do things that have never been done in the league.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#37]
"If he stays healthy..."

Ah, there's the rub. He has already missed nearly a third of the games in his short career. Scrambling quarterbacks have a very short shelf life. Once they leave the pocket, they can be leveled like other players. While Vick may be able to juke out of many hits, it only takes one to end a career.

There is a reason pocket passers have longer careers and win championship rings.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I like his Vapor Rub.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I heard the same thing about Randall Cunningham.  vick's job is to throw the ball, accurately.  147 yards passing and one interception.  I am not impressed.
Rush Limbaugh had a point, the way the press fawns over McNabb, McNair (good African American names, btw) and Vick leads me to believe the truth is there.
The Ray Lewis dick suck fest is seriously annoying.
Last night watching the game I was wondering if it was, "Suck Vick's Dick" night.
Announcers suck.  The best football would be no announcers and nothing but crowd noise.  Monday Night Football had that for a few minutes and it was awesome.  The game loses something if there is no crowd noise.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's michael vick?
View Quote

View Quote

please tell me you guys are kidding  [slap]
View Quote

Nope, I dont watch team games. Sports are Bullfighting, Boxing, and Auto-racing. One man Vs. another man, beast, or machine, with the real risk of injury or death. Anything less is a game.

My Christian wife would say football fans are worshiping False Idols. But I think they just want a big black daddy to keep them warm at night. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:14:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Anybody remember when Randall Cunningham was the next greatest thing since canned tuna??

I do, he didn't last at the top of his game.

Michael Vick is far and away a superior QB than Randall Cunningham, but wanton scramblers like that tend to get hurt unless they are built like Daunte Culpepper -- who even got hurt this year.

Vick will go out like Randall did -- torn up knee -- or whatever.  When he loses that dimension of his game I think he will be done.

Though he does have an incredible arm.  He just tosses it 50yds......when he winds up the ball seems to accelerate until it gets to the WR.  Very flat trajectory......
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#42]
For those of you who think that ESPN's coverage of Michael Vick on Sunday was way over the top, I submit the following link:

[url]http://www.bangahaha1.com/vicktv.htm[/url]

[red]WARNING:  Possibly offensive (but extremely funny) content.[/red]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
For those of you who think that ESPN's coverage of Michael Vick on Sunday was way over the top, I submit the following link:

[url]http://www.bangahaha1.com/vicktv.htm[/url]

[red]WARNING:  Possibly offensive (but extremely funny) content.[/red]
View Quote

[rofl2]

That epitomizes how they were kissing his ass (no pun intended) on sunday night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top