Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 5:26:46 PM EDT
Wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on cable every once in a while (maybe even on some local TV station at 3:00 AM), but does anyone recall ever seeing it broadcast on network TV, nationwide?

I mean, if the networks can trot out Farrah Fawcet's The Burning Bed or Clint Eastwood's Bridges of Madison County every 6 months or so, surely Red Dawn was an ABC Movie of The Week at some time or other, no?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:34:00 PM EDT
I could have sworn I saw it on tbs or tnn at midnight once. WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:35:38 PM EDT
Yes it has been on TV or cable since it came out. Can't tell you when or anything else. But I remember thinking I was glad I had seen the orignal because it was all chopped to hell. Not the same movie with all the cuts.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:36:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:52:55 PM EDT
Good question! The Fox affiliate in my area used to show it at least twice a year long ago, but it was one of the weekend cinema type deals. Wargames was another film that was played on a normal basis. Being a teenager with an urge to live in the wild and shoot commies at the time, I'd think I would've remembered seeing it on network TV. Before we had a VCR we had an RCA videodisk player (CED, the analog format with the stylus) and I recall renting it.
Top Top