Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  Unless we get a constitutional amendment stipulating the vice president or the next male in the chain of command will be commander and chief when she is on the rag.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
They shouldn't be allowed TO vote..let alone get one..[:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
There are no qualified females availible and damn few qualified males, none of which are running for the office.  By qualified I mean anti AWB, conservative, defense oriented and not allied with special interest groups.  One more thing,the must have some amount of integrity.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are no qualified females availible and damn few qualified males, none of which are running for the office.  By qualified I mean anti AWB, conservative, defense oriented and not allied with special interest groups.  One more thing,the must have some amount of integrity.
View Quote

LMAO...you want integrity too!!!!..[:)]

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#5]
No

There are no qualified women and never will be.

Besides, where are you going to find a woman that will admit she is at least 35 years old?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Although men are definately intended to hold leadership positions, you don't work your way up in politics without showing leadership ability. So if a woman can demonstrate the political savvy enough to be a [i]serious[/i] contender for the POTUS, then she is clearly qualified and fit to rule.

I also think (and hope) that if a woman is ever elected, she would be wise enough to know her limitations and work her way around them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Although men are definately intended to hold leadership positions, you don't work your way up in politics without showing leadership ability. So if a woman can demonstrate the political savvy enough to be a contender for the POTUS, then she is clearly qualified and fit to rule.

I also think (and hope) that if a woman is ever elected, she would be wise enough to know her limitations and work her way around them.
View Quote

Woman are generally democrats when it comes to politics.

Reason being,  they get the "touchy feely" tree hugger vote.  

There are far more liberal woman politicians than conservative woman politicians.

So a lot of times the woman is not really qualified at all,  they just get elected because they are a woman,  that's it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I honestly believed her to be as qualified, or in some cases, more qualified, then yes I would vote for a woman.
View Quote

Me too, problem is she's disqualified by being a woman.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]

If we are a [b]Christian[/b] nation, or a nation founded on [b]Christian[/b] principles, then technically we shouldn't let it happen. The Bible clearly calls for female submission, and electing a woman president is doing the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Sure, why not? [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Sure. If I agreed with her platform more than the other candidates’ and she was qualified.

That being said, most women do NOT agree with my political beliefs (well … most men don’t either, but they are mostly “metrosexuals” anyway [:P]), so it seems unlikely that I will end up in a situation where I would vote for a woman.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Lynne Cheney for President

C. Rice as her V.P.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's say Bush/Cheney are in their first year of their second term. Cheney falls ill and has to step down. How do they fill that void? Chain of Command or is it done by a vote?
View Quote

Chain of Command..........

Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert would be next in line after Cheney.

http://speaker.house.gov/features/app1.asp

View Quote

No.
He may be next in line, but the president could and would select a replacement.
Only in the most dire of circumstances, would the Speaker "automatically" jump in.  And why?
There's no urgency.
"Has to step down..." indicates that there would be time to select.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I would not vote for a woman....
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
55% percent of people who voted so far are pussies.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#16]
So those of you who say no, would prefer a Leftist, gun-confiscating liberal man, over a woman.
That sure is dumb.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
55% percent of people who voted so far are pussies.
View Quote

That would be correct. Can't blame them entirely though. A segment of the "men" in this country have allowed themselves to be used by women's organizations and been instrumental in removing men from the home. Albeit while paying through the nose to support them all.

Who really is to blame???????
We are our own worst enemy.

FWIW, I wouldn't even work for a woman. Our department recently chose a new director. One of 2 applicants was a screwed up woman. If she had gotten the position I'd be posting today about how I gave my notice.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#20]
There will be no female US President before there is a black male president. most of the population would elect a black man before a white woman.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#21]
i'd love to see a black man as president ... alan keys
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If we are a [b]Christian[/b] nation, or a nation founded on [b]Christian[/b] principles, then technically we shouldn't let it happen. The Bible clearly calls for female submission, and electing a woman president is doing the exact opposite.
View Quote

The bible also calls for putting to death unruly children, stoning of adulterers & whatnot.  I seriously doubt I'd ever vote for a woman Presidential candidate unless she met all my standards or the opponent was some total douchebag like Schumer but my reluctance has nothing to do with a book of Jewish fairytales [:K]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Pres:  Condi Rice
VP:    Suzanna Hupp
   or
Pres:  Al Gore
VP:    Chuck Schumer

I laugh at the fools that would rather elect Al Gore just because he is a male.  Have fun in prison after he outlaws your guns and locks you up for ever owning one.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Pres:  Condi Rice
VP:    Suzanna Hupp
   or
Pres:  Al Gore
VP:    Chuck Schumer

I laugh at the fools that would rather elect Al Gore just because he is a male.  Have fun in prison after he outlaws your guns and locks you up for ever owning one.

View Quote

Back up a minute before you call people fools.

The original question was NOT regarding platform,  it was regarding sex only.

Therefore a better analogy would be:

Bush/Cheney

VS.

Rice/Cheney

Conservatives versus conservatives as I think it is a given no one here would vote for a demorat anyway.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#27]
In a heartbeat if that woman happens to be Condaleeza Rice.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#28]
No one ever said that the alternative to woman for President is a liberal for President.

I vote conservative first!  There is little chance that any woman running would be more conservative than the best man.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i'd love to see a black man as president ... alan keys
View Quote

Ambassador Keys was always my FIRST choice for President of the United States!

Only problem is that he can't win even among Libertarians!

Eric The(KeysFor2004!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Heres one Libertarian that voted for keys in the primary. Hell I registered Republican just so I could!. He is the best man for the job.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Not for president, but I would support my girlfriend as Ruler of the Known world..trust me...everyone would have a gun or else.
Glory to the state
Service to the race
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd vote for Annn Doulter in a heartbeat.  There are several other things I'd do for Ann Coulter in a heartbeat too...   [;D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd vote for Anne Coulter in a millisecond.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#33]
In theory "hell yes", but the reality is that I've seen damn few in the running that I would consider.

But Yes , there are some that easily get my vote.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#34]
The reality of it is this:

1) None of us here would ever vote for a Liberal Democrat for president.  And the way things have trended these days, the only Democrats that ever get nominated -are Liberal Democrats. So...

2) AND, the political reality of gender politics makes it clear that the only woman who could be elected President, will be a Republican woman. (This is also true of there ever being a Black President)

3) Conclusion:

If you are given the choice of voting for a woman for President, it will be a Republican Woman.
Her opponent will be a Liberal Democrat, and most likely a man (or a Hillary!).

So make your choice.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top