Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 1:07:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:17:22 PM EDT
There is a reason he hasn't received parole over such a long period of time. Something tells me he's not a victim here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:20:23 PM EDT
Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:29:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DOW: There is a reason he hasn't received parole over such a long period of time. Something tells me he's not a victim here.
View Quote
DINGDINGDING!!! My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:49:40 PM EDT
Bad behavior, too many fights in prison got him railed in every parole hearing he had?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:49:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:54:37 PM EDT
Somebody already said it, but it needs repeating, so the effing libs in the crowd might get it. He broke into a HOUSE. He didnt just steal a TV someone had on the front lawn. Could have esily been a home that had a family in it, etc..... POS shall rot.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:36:38 PM EDT
He is lucky! 33 years in prison for stealing a TV is better than shooting your wife in the head while she's nursing your kid for having a stock that's 1/2 inch too short. Plus it helps keep the COs working. Without criminals, they'd have no reason to hire guards!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:08:05 PM EDT
"TV Thief?" He's a [b]Residential Burglar!!![/b]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:40:03 PM EDT
And I'm sure it was his first offense right?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:12:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Palo_Duro: Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?
View Quote
That's right, palo_duro - something tells me we need to hear "the rest of the story". on a somewhat related note, has anyone wondered why he got [i][b]life[/b][/i] for it in the first place? were his 3, 12, or 24 strikes already up? or was it just some 100 year old NC law? the answer(s) to either of the last 2 questions changes the whole case.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:45:13 PM EDT
My best friend was arrested for stealing from us. over $2500 in three incidents, one of them B&E. Pled guilty to two felonies. Fucker only got 9 days in Juvy, less than a year probation and 56 hours comm. service. His accomplices are adult. They aren't pleading, and they will likely serve real time. They didn't even charge him with the otherr two felonies.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:04:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack: My best friend was arrested for stealing from us. over $2500 in three incidents, one of them B&E. Pled guilty to two felonies. Fucker only got 9 days in Juvy, less than a year probation and 56 hours comm. service. His accomplices are adult. They aren't pleading, and they will likely serve real time. They didn't even charge him with the otherr two felonies.
View Quote
Damn sorry to hear that. I hope your best friend finds the help that he obviously needs. Keep your chin up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:57:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack: My best friend was arrested for stealing from us.
View Quote
"Best friend" or "former best friend"?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:41:44 PM EDT
Like I thought the situation is not that straight forward. This was his 3rd burgary conviction and he also had a breaking and entering a car theft and a violint assualt. Add in 63 infractions in jail along with being in closed security which is the worst other than being in your own cell alone. That being said, when you consider what people are getting for sentences today it seems way out of line.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:48:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By whywork40: Like I thought the situation is not that straight forward. This was his 3rd burgary conviction and he also had a breaking and entering a car theft and a violint assualt. Add in 63 infractions in jail along with being in closed security which is the worst other than being in your own cell alone. [r]That being said, when you consider what people are getting for sentences today it seems way out of line. [/r]
View Quote
Ain't that the damn truth.... Whether you or I or anyone else here thinks he did/didn't deserve his time, that's the damn truth. You can get less for murder, rape, etc - [i]these days[/i].
Top Top