Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every year I got a flu shot, I got sick as a fucking dog within a month. Laid out of work, bedridden and shivering for a week level of sick. Every year, for over a decade. Stopped getting them, and found I get sick less often.

"Trust the government, they wouldn't lie to you..."

"Trust the man selling the shot, he wouldn't lie to you..."
View Quote
You suggesting the shot is a magic time-delay virus that takes a month to spread in your body, rather than the usual 7 day incubation period?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
80,000 people died last year. Are we setting ourselves up for an epidemic like in 1918?

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/over-40-percent-of-americans-say-no-to-flu-vaccinations

Have you gotten your flu shot this year?

If the answer is no - and I'm not getting one! - you're not alone. A new study finds more than 40 percent of Americans have not been vaccinated and, in fact, don't plan on it either.

This is despite the warnings, potential dangers, and last year's record-number of flu deaths. The survey was done by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago.

People under the age of 45 were the least likely to report being vaccinated.

The top three reasons why they didn't want the shot were: bad side effects; thinking they'll get the flu from the shot; or thinking it doesn't work.

Some think the side effects are worse than the flu itself, but that's just a myth. Usually the only side effect is a sore arm.

It's also a myth that getting the vaccine gives you the flu. The flu vaccine is inactive and cannot cause the infection. If you do get sick after getting the vaccine, it's just a coincidence.

And while it is true that the vaccine doesn't work 100 percent of the time, the benefit is that it lessens the severity. If you do still get the flu you're 60 percent less likely to need treatment.
View Quote
Every single time I've gotten a flu vaccination, I've spent the next seven to ten days very sick with flu-like symptoms. Every single time. That's a coincidence stretching statistic. Since I've stopped getting them, I've been sick with those sort of symptoms 3 times, and all with lower grade symptoms.

I'm no scientist, but I can do simple math.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We’re not allowed to ask those questions anymore. If you do, you’re a conspiracy theorist. Just like people who question climate “science.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is in the vaccine, then? When I asked, I got a bunch of BS. I'm aware that it's supposed to be a small sample of the virus to train your immune system to ID the virus; but what else is in it?
We’re not allowed to ask those questions anymore. If you do, you’re a conspiracy theorist. Just like people who question climate “science.”
Are you similarly suspicious of what's in your Mountain Dew or Twinkies?  I can't believe people are this ignorant; it's pieces of a virus blown apart chemically, totally incapable of reproducing, but which 'tastes' the same to your immune system and can tip.it off to the real thing.  Also some egg proteins left over from growing the virus.  That's it, exactly.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are too many cars on the road. Do your part to make Skillshot's commute easier and don't get vaccinated!
View Quote
That's...actually a salient point
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The flu shot is only effective for THE particular virus strain of influenza it targets not ALL strains of the flu.
The vaccine being distributed any one season is only good for the strain they cultured and deemed to be the most virulent.
So you can contract any number of flu viruses and get sick. If you get the shot you just won’t get sick from the one strain you were vaccinated for.

Btw I never get a flu shot and I work in an environment where I’m exposed to a lot of people.  
The key is to be OCD about hygiene.

Be wary and act as if everyone is carrying the virus.
Be conscious of what you touch, handshakes, door handles, telephones etc. Any public use items you touch.
Keep your hands clean, wash them with soap and water frequently and or use hand santitzer frequently.
DO NOT touch your face, eyes, nose with unwashed hands.

Just be aware.

People are assholes and you can still have someone cough or sneeze right in your face and get sick.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was during college, so a long time ago.

Flu like symptoms? C'mon man, there's a middle ground to this debate. I'm not an anti vaxxer..

People need to weigh the pros, cons and risk levels for themselves. As I previously mentioned, I'm not vaccinated against malaria. However, I do think a vast majority of vaccines are beneficial.

Same with my dog. 100% he gets Lyme. I can't control ticks. That's a decision I made for him.

But going back to the dog as an analogy, I think canine influenza is ridiculous. He doesn't have contact with random dogs, and the risk is more than the reward.

The flu vaccine specifically, is an educated guess. If you're vulnerable it's probably worth it. If you're not and you've had a healthy immune system, seems unnecessary and pointless.

Before I'm attacked, draw a line to peanut allergies as an example. Because your kid is sensitive should I be forced to change my life?

I'm not against vaccines. At all. I opt for them, often.

But the idea that if you don't get a flu shot means you're anti vaccine or dumb is just a really poor argument
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said any of that.

And yes, the flu shot introduces the flu into your body and I've known two guys that got the flu after taking it.

Vaccines work by introducing the virus to your body. Cowpox led to the smallpox vaccine.

Awesome. (Seriously) I'm not shitting on vaccines.

I am shitting on the idea that people shouldn't have a choice in the matter. I still get vaccinated. Definitely.

But I choose which vaccines I want, that's important.

To be completely ridiculous, should I be forced to get an HPV vaccine?  Of course not, I'm a guy. I also don't need a malaria vaccine , or hepatitis vaccines unique to Asia.

I will continue to vaccinate myself against biological threats I deem concerning. Is that not reasonable?
What were their symptoms?
Was during college, so a long time ago.

Flu like symptoms? C'mon man, there's a middle ground to this debate. I'm not an anti vaxxer..

People need to weigh the pros, cons and risk levels for themselves. As I previously mentioned, I'm not vaccinated against malaria. However, I do think a vast majority of vaccines are beneficial.

Same with my dog. 100% he gets Lyme. I can't control ticks. That's a decision I made for him.

But going back to the dog as an analogy, I think canine influenza is ridiculous. He doesn't have contact with random dogs, and the risk is more than the reward.

The flu vaccine specifically, is an educated guess. If you're vulnerable it's probably worth it. If you're not and you've had a healthy immune system, seems unnecessary and pointless.

Before I'm attacked, draw a line to peanut allergies as an example. Because your kid is sensitive should I be forced to change my life?

I'm not against vaccines. At all. I opt for them, often.

But the idea that if you don't get a flu shot means you're anti vaccine or dumb is just a really poor argument
Eliminating peanut protein exposure for.kids has been shown to increase their peanut sensitivity, though
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But WE'RE the morans.....you know...the people who DONT get the shot.

(Not making fun of you man-shit like this is why we DONT get the friggin flu shot.).   This is PRECISELY why we don't.  Cause of all the shit they put in there plus they don't even get the strain right.

But of course-we're the idiots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was with mine also..... I wound up getting Guillain-Barr syndrome from it .

Paralyzed from the chest down, in CCU for 5 days. I have gotten some movement back and am not pissing and shitting myself anymore.

To say I have mixed feelings about it is an understatement...

They say I should get most of the use of my limbs back and should live a semi-normal life in the next 1-3 years.
Same thing happened to a local Las Vegas man.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/nlv-man-home-after-weeks-in-hospital-with-rare-flu/article_dc19082e-fd00-11e8-8977-dbc4612e91dd.html

hope you make a speedy recovery

@GIVEMEMYTOYS
But WE'RE the morans.....you know...the people who DONT get the shot.

(Not making fun of you man-shit like this is why we DONT get the friggin flu shot.).   This is PRECISELY why we don't.  Cause of all the shit they put in there plus they don't even get the strain right.

But of course-we're the idiots.
You have a greater risk of contracting the flu, and a greater (but still small) risk of developing that condition as a result of it.  Moran is your word.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:07:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The religious fervor of flu shot advocates is a very interesting psychological phenomenon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ad campaigns at the store, street signs, commercials and then peer pressure from threads like this naturally make me avoid the shot. I dont want to be in your flu shot club.
The religious fervor of flu shot advocates is a very interesting psychological phenomenon.
That's weapons grade psychological projection right there

Maybe when you have measured numbers to back your argument, you can claim mine isn't factual.

It's okay, lots of people are just afraid of needles and transfer it into vaccine paranoia, yet lead kickass lives
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I couldn't care less if you get a flu shot or not.  The fact that you care very much whether I get a flu shot or not is a very interesting psychological phenomenon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fixed it for you.
I couldn't care less if you get a flu shot or not.  The fact that you care very much whether I get a flu shot or not is a very interesting psychological phenomenon.
Not really; I can have a strong preparatory response to a strain of flu, but even it can be overwhelmed if I'm surrounded by walking, leaky bags of the disease spewing it into the air & smearing it onto all surfaces.  Moreover, it will remain 'around' for much longer, further increasing the chance enough gets by my defenses to sicken.me.

That's how 'herd immunity' works.  Harder to spread a fire across a wet, mowed lawn, than a pile of brush.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
80,000 people died last year. Are we setting ourselves up for an epidemic like in 1918?

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/over-40-percent-of-americans-say-no-to-flu-vaccinations

Have you gotten your flu shot this year?

If the answer is no - and I'm not getting one! - you're not alone. A new study finds more than 40 percent of Americans have not been vaccinated and, in fact, don't plan on it either.

This is despite the warnings, potential dangers, and last year's record-number of flu deaths. The survey was done by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago.

People under the age of 45 were the least likely to report being vaccinated.

The top three reasons why they didn't want the shot were: bad side effects; thinking they'll get the flu from the shot; or thinking it doesn't work.

Some think the side effects are worse than the flu itself, but that's just a myth. Usually the only side effect is a sore arm.

It's also a myth that getting the vaccine gives you the flu. The flu vaccine is inactive and cannot cause the infection. If you do get sick after getting the vaccine, it's just a coincidence.

And while it is true that the vaccine doesn't work 100 percent of the time, the benefit is that it lessens the severity. If you do still get the flu you're 60 percent less likely to need treatment.
View Quote
Vaccines cause Autism...I don't want Autism.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Waste of time.

Study by the CDC in 1968:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2427700/pdf/bullwho00220-0191.pdf

So until 1968 it wasnt effective(there are numerous studies showing this)

Deaths via influenza from 1900:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320669/Doshi_F2_rev3_jpg-774000.JPG

Notice influenza deaths declined (well at least the spikes and to a lesser extent on average) significantly prior to an effective (first influenza vaccine was made in the early 1930's) vaccine (according to the government and the who) mostly likely due to increased understanding of effective treatment, prevention, better drugs, etc. General progression of science. From this time (prior to an effective vaccine) on the decrease has been pretty small again at least partially due to reasons not related to vaccines.

This is not an argument that current influenza vaccines dont work at all (or speak to other vaccines) and might be useful in certain high risk groups but to point out the effect on influenza mortality of the country is negligible and ppl frothing at the mouth over this are ignorant to the facts. So get one or dont who the fuck (that spent the 15 minutes it took to figure out the actual impact) cares.
View Quote
"Better drugs & effective treatment" doesn't include vaccines, though?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Color-coded idiots; I like it!
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:38:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I haven’t had a flu shot in 8 years.  I haven’t had the flu for 8 years.  Every time I got a flu shot before that, I would get the flu.  Probably a coincidence, but I have enjoyed very good health.  I am not anti vaccination, but the effectiveness of a flu shot is negligible.
View Quote
This. Don't 80K die of the flu every year anyway?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#14]
FFS......

Citots and Burbtards are fucking idiots, disconnected from reality, and ate up with fucking emotional driven bullshit, backed up with the arrogance of academic credentials.

Snatch up any 3rd grade 4H kid around here, and beg him/her for a goddamned education....they have a better grasp than the kings of the Cul de sac of GD, and keep the fat fucks fed.

What the fuck happened to this Republic?

Burbtards and city fucktards are suddenly Ekspurts on immunology, and those with practical DAILY experience, are ignored out of political convenience, or chickenshit fear of a goddamned needle.

Before letting the Doc(NOT the Min. Wage twat at the Pharmacy, LPN, or PA) inject foreign shit into your body or the Kids Body.....demand to see the Vial.  Unless your Doc is an asshole like mine, he wont care if the shit was cultured in China, or in the Marxist shithole north of us, Mexico, Pakistan, or a DNR Boat ramp outhouse.

Our 4H Kids are real touchy about their critters....and demand the Vets hold a standard.
They are still young enough, and havn't been taught to be stupid.

I ain't proud.
I can learn from a kid.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MILLIONS of people have received the flu shot every year since 1974, so how come all these rampant problems you shitheads are spouting off about haven't been addressed in 48 years?
View Quote
One side effect of the flu shot is compromised arithmetic function.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I hardly ever get one either.
My wife is in the medical field and she said the effectiveness of last year's flu shot was like 10% or something. All my kids get one, the wife, I do sometimes and I am easily the most healthy / least sick.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been getting the vaccine regularly for the last 11 years. I still hate communists and want mail order.machine guns, so if it's a tinfoil government conspiracy to turn us all into good leftist sheep, it isn't working.

And, every medical professional I have talked to about vaccines (not just flu, but all the ones for childhood ilnesses as well) I have made a point of asking them if they would give it to their own children. All of them would, and several of them are close family friends who have no reason to lie about it. (An advantage of living in a small town.)

Whether or not it works is debatable considering I got the flu this year despite getting the shot. But the idea that it is some kind of sinister government plot to chemically alter people to some nefarious end is so fucking kooky it makes believers in lizard people seem rational.

I don't care if you don't get the shot. But if the reason you aren't getting it is because you think it's part of some government conspiracy, you really need to stop binge watching X files reruns and get some fresh air.
View Quote
Most every medical professional encouraging people to get one will tell you the same thing.  It's kind of like common core math teachers.  The state mandates them to tell kids math is done one way, when the teacher knows it's the stupidest way to do a math problem.  But they all teach it because they have to.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Zinc is a heavy metal, btw.  Not that anyone should give pause before ingesting heavy metals...

Excess vitamin C goes right in the urinal after a couple hours; good workout for the kidneys, though
View Quote
But it still knocks out a cold .
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#19]
3 years ago was my last  flu shot.  First, my arm went dead for about a week, then I developed a frozen shoulder
and that mother fucker still isn't 100%.  I spent about 10 sessions in PT to get it moving again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#20]
You can have them.

I've never had a flu shot, and will likely continue to avoid them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Haven't had a flu shot in 5 years and haven't had the flu in 5 years.  The precious government tells you drones to get a shot so you get a shot,, I make my own decisions based on my personal information.   Good luck flu shot drones.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#22]
80,000 people died last year?
Where?
From what?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I've never had a flu shot, and I don't think I've had the flu as an adult.  I should get the shot, but I'll continue my life this way until I do get the flu.  Then I'll wish I had gotten the shot and it will be easy to justify it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don’t most say you don’t need it unless young, old, or have a compromised immune system?

I don’t get one, probably won’t and haven’t gotten an actual flu in over 15 yrs at least.
View Quote
Yes.  And ditto.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
80,000 people died last year?
Where?
From what?
View Quote
From our wise overlords selecting the wrong strain to vaccinate against.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Never got a flu shot and have not had the flu since I was a little kid.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You can thank the people around you that got the flu shot for keeping you safe.
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Every year about this time, idiots crow about how they never get the flu shot and never get the flu.

Every year, I put people just like them on ECMO and watch them and their families as they slowly struggle to recover for weeks on end in the ICU.

The worst are the 30ish yr olds with young families.

It fucking sucks telling a 25 yr old lady that her husband doesn’t have much chance of recovery.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Never had one and I also have never had the flu.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
MILLIONS of people have received the flu shot every year since 1974, so how come all these rampant problems you shitheads are spouting off about haven't been addressed in 48 years?
View Quote
like the dramatic increase in autism?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Every single time I've gotten a flu vaccination, I've spent the next seven to ten days very sick with flu-like symptoms. Every single time. That's a coincidence stretching statistic. Since I've stopped getting them, I've been sick with those sort of symptoms 3 times, and all with lower grade symptoms.
View Quote
Same here.  Except since I stopped getting them in 2004, I haven't gotten sick with those symptoms at all.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Get your shot. Keep me safe.
I ain't doing it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can learn from a kid.
View Quote
Maybe, on a good day, they’d help you put together a six piece puzzle.

What you wrote was terrifying. It sounded like someone put a chimpanzee in a clothes dryer full of cocaine and fired it up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#34]
In my adult life, ive never had a flu shot, never had the flu. Amazing how that works.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Most every medical professional encouraging people to get one will tell you the same thing.  It's kind of like common core math teachers.  The state mandates them to tell kids math is done one way, when the teacher knows it's the stupidest way to do a math problem.  But they all teach it because they have to.
View Quote
That’s patently false. I doubt you have any experience with medical professionals at all.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Only had one flu shot in my life, that was a month before my kid was born.

Never had the flu before.  I was OK after having my first shot.

I might have another if kid#2 enters the picture.

I do keep up to date on all TDAPs though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's how 'herd immunity' works.  Harder to spread a fire across a wet, mowed lawn, than a pile of brush.
View Quote
And there we have it:  flu vaccine proponents view their fellow citizens much like a farmer views his cattle.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Without being in a risk setting like dealing with vulnerable patients, considering the tenuous efficacy I'll take a hard pass as usual.
View Quote
This.  I went three years without so much as a sniffle.  There are necessary vaccines, desirable vaccines, and pointless vaccines.  The flu vaccine falls into the pointless category.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Maybe, on a good day, they’d help you put together a six piece puzzle.

What you wrote was terrifying. It sounded like someone put a chimpanzee in a clothes dryer full of cocaine and fired it up.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm here just to see how many say they got the flu from a flu shot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Wow, 7 pages in...MOAR POPCORN, DAMMIT!!!

Got the flat-earther, climate denying, "FLU SHOT? QUICK CUT OFF YOUR ARM" crowd on one side...

and the flu shot ZOMBIES!!! on the other side

"You MUUSSSSTTTT HAVE YOUR FLU SHOT! JUST LIKE WE DID! YOU MUUSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!! COME JOIN US!!!
ALREADY HAD ONE THIS YEAR ??? THEN IT'S TIME TO GET ANOTHER !!!
(I swear to God I've already heard that one this year), "GET 2 FLU SHOTS JUST TO BE SURE!!!" (i couldn't make this shit up if i tried...)

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
True enough.
But I think they’re worried “the idiots” will bring the flu when they come over for barbecue and lawn darts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don’t care if you get a shot. We care that the world we live in is collapsing into the singularity of Idiocracy.
It seems like you should want "the idiots" to avoid having flu shots then, so they will die, and have fewer offspring.
True enough.
But I think they’re worried “the idiots” will bring the flu when they come over for barbecue and lawn darts.
Well if you’re immunized against it then no worries right? And if the CDC picked the wrong strain you’re most likely going to get it anyway right? So why all the rhetoric calling people “idiots” who choose not to get it?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Never got a flu shot and have not had the flu since I was a little kid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm shocked 60% of Americans get the flu shot.
View Quote
Isn't the 'guess mix' they give in flu shots wrong like 75% of the time anyway?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow, 7 pages in...MOAR POPCORN, DAMMIT!!!

Got the flat-earther, climate denying, "FLU SHOT? QUICK CUT OFF YOUR ARM" crowd on one side...

and the flu shot ZOMBIES!!! on the other side

"You MUUSSSSTTTT HAVE YOUR FLU SHOT! JUST LIKE WE DID! YOU MUUSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!! COME JOIN US!!!
ALREADY HAD ONE THIS YEAR ??? THEN IT'S TIME TO GET ANOTHER !!!
(I swear to God I've already heard that one this year), "GET 2 FLU SHOTS JUST TO BE SURE!!!" (i couldn't make this shit up if i tried...)

View Quote
Flu shot nazi-ism is a recent thing.  I remember not long ago hardly anyone got them and in the last several years people go full retard about it.  Its worse than the peanut allergy people and almost as bad as the Kale eating commies.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#47]
LOL, that’s not how pandemics work.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Never had a flu shot. The last time I had the flu was 1983.

A few years ago when the flu was really bad, the nurse was on me from day one about getting the shot. Would not get it.

A month later I was the only one on my floor who did not have the flu. All the rest that had taken the shot were sick.

I had the Hong Kong flu in 68 and my belief is that I have immunity to any flu similar to it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oddly enough the big killer strains tend to disproportionately affect the young and healthy.  People don’t think cytokine storms be like they is, but they doz
View Quote
Yeah was thinking the same thing...its the healthy strong ones it kills.  Us weak fucks just pull throigh
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#50]
If you don't understand why the statement "80,000 people died from the flu" is bullshit, you are a sheep. Get your shot.
The best case scenario for the shot actually creating immunity is about 30%. Absolute best case.
There will never be herd immunity  Never. It is a waste of resources, but the Rx companies love it.
For all you guys who are forced to get it for work, just make sure to visit your primary care at the start of flu season and tell them you got the shot elsewhere. They don't care where and you now have it in your medical record for proof.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top