Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 1:19:57 AM EDT
If I hadn't already dropped my wad on a registered reciever, I'd be all over this!

Freaking good deal!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If I hadn't already dropped my wad on a registered reciever, I'd be all over this!

[url=http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=3082&query=retrieval]Freaking good deal![/url]
View Quote

Since I'm a DUMBASS, what does DIAS mean? [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Drop In Auto Sear.  It is considered 'the' machinegun, so it can be transferred to any other AR for full auto fun!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:43:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm too poor, and can't have them in washington
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah you too can be the owner of a converted AR-15 with a little part about an inch long for 7 grand!! Whoopeeee [bounce] what a deal! No thanks I'll just pull the trigger real fast on mine.....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah you too can be the owner of a converted AR-15 with a little part about an inch long for 7 grand!! Whoopeeee [bounce] what a deal! No thanks I'll just pull the trigger real fast on mine.....[rolleyes]
View Quote

Pulling the trigger fast makes you look like a moron.  Dumping a mag in one burst makes you one of the coolest guys at the range.  But then you'd probably rather spend the money on your '86 Camaro and a new Bon Jovi tape, huh?

Go shit on someone elses thread, mmmkay?  
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:37:19 AM EDT
[#7]
It may have sold and the seller didn't deleted the add or...

The sear may be married to the receiver. Even if it is the price is still pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:51:19 AM EDT
[#8]
coltcarbine:
[i]opens link to ad, and drools.......[/i]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't mind having full-auto as an option...but not at that price. Nooooo way.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:57:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[url=http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=3082&query=retrieval]Freaking good deal![/url]
View Quote

I'd have snagged it up if I had the cash the day the guy posted it for sale. But I blew my load on a custom boltgun and a preban AR. I'd give him the 5k for the RDIAS but I dn't need another AR or all the accessories he has(well I'd take the mags) the rest of it is shit I don't need.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#11]
If I had an extra $7200 floating around I'd likely consider it...but then again, a couple more grand gets me a real M16.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If I had an extra $7200 floating around I'd likely consider it...but then again, a couple more grand gets me a real M16.
View Quote

there was three or four RRM16s on subguns over the last couple months that were under 8k two were $7600 plus a few and one was like $7800. Seems like prices on non colt RRs have been  comeing down as of late. Hell even some colt prices seemed to have dropped from where they were a year or so ago from what I see.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm holding out for one of those nifty Mexican ARs with the "buenos dias". [BD]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL @ 1911
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#15]
being the coolest guy at the range isnt that important to me, id rather keep the money. ive shot a whole lot of FA on uncle sams nickel,the thrill wears off.

FA is the sign of a lazy rifleman.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

[lol].. yeah whatever.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't pay the $7,000 for the inch long piece of metal. You pay the $7,000 for the piece of paper that says it's legal. Duh!

It's like the old saying: You don't pay the call girl for sex, you pay her to leave after sex.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's like the old saying: You don't pay the call girl for sex, you pay her to leave after sex.
View Quote

That's an interesting way of putting it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't pay the $7,000 for the inch long piece of metal. You pay the $7,000 for the piece of paper that says it's legal. Duh!

View Quote

Yup!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
being the coolest guy at the range isnt that important to me, id rather keep the money. ive shot a whole lot of FA on uncle sams nickel,the thrill wears off.
View Quote

Sounds like a bit of sour grapes too me...

Look, think what you want, but my M16 is more fun than anything semi auto that you own.  And I'm not talking about just for those of us in the gun culture, think about newbies; put a .22 kit on an M16 and your 'anti' sister-in-law may have a change of heart! A lot of people could care less if they ever shoot a gun, but a machine gun, now there's something different...  and anything that makes our hobby more fun, or brings new faces to local shoots, is a good thing.

View Quote

Tell that to a SAW gunner, lol.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Gunbert,

I'm guessing its married to the reciever (which lowers the value), or, sold, or, no one knows who this guy is and are afraid to send half or all  the money to someone they don't know.

Otherwise, I'd be tempted to make it M16 #3 in my collection.

As to prices recently dropping, all I can say is, WHEN (Oh boy, herre comes the flame war) the Shrike is released and people see the beltfed option available on an M16 lower, the prices could double again from here.  

I for one would rather have a RDIA for my Shrike (yeah, I ordered one) so that if it puts wear on the reciever I don't wear out one of my Colts.

Probably not  an issue and the Colts will probably outlast me.  

In any case, I predict in December of 2004, people here will wish like hell they bought this at the price.

As to FA being a waste, etc, [BS2]

With a FA M16 you can shoot like a rawl riflemun (sniff) or flip the switch to rock and roll.  With a semi - you can't.  Nuff said.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#23]
people knowing this thread need to wise up. Look at the value increase of any NFA weapon over the last 10yrs. and then tell me you are paying too much. I wish I could buy a LL or RDIAS to put in my closet for about 3-4 years. Pay off my student loans it would.  

When the Shrike comes out it will be go time for the M16 collector value. the deman will increase sharply while supply remains the same do the math.
i live in MI, and I am a poor colege student. I dont own a C&R M16 yet, but I will.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I believe we talked about this in the M16 forum.  Like osprey21 says, it is probably married to the receiver.  Still, if that is all you can afford, I highly recommend FA.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[red]Pay off my student loans it would. [/red]
View Quote

Yoda has an alias on ARFCOM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top