Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 9:20:59 PM EDT
This has been nagging at the back of The Neutral Observer's mind for quite a while.  Can anyone decipher the printout they use for the hearing test administered at MEPS?  The Neutral Observer remembers two rows of numbers from 0-10 with the frequency range above them, but never could figure out what those numbers meant.  The Neutral Observer compared results with others there, but never figured out what the numbers actually meant.  It is just idle curiousity at this point, but The Neutral Observer is still interested in the answer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The Neutral Observer must be kidding. Your omniscience is failing? Nutball.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It's been years since I saw one of my military ear tests, but if I was to guess one is the right ear  and the other is the left ear and the numbers are decibels (or similar measurement) of the signal heard.  They (now) randomly generate frequency tones at various decibel levels, used to be they would start a given level and frequency and reduce the level and then note the lowest levels heard.  The numbers corresponded notably with the high freq loss in my right ear.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
George is getting mad! Jimmy is kinda sweet on Elaine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps the Neutral Observer should get his Neutral Brain checked by the MEPS Psychologist. Perhaps he could find some Neutral explanations.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Perhaps the Neutral Observer should get his Neutral Brain checked by the MEPS Psychologist. Perhaps he could find some Neutral explanations.
View Quote

ROFL! Christ that was hilarious.

If I would of read that 3 seconds earlier Sprite Remix would of been everywhere.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see I'm not the only person highly annoyed by those those who talk in the third person ALL THE TIME!

The Neutral Observer can KMA!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Can you smelllll what The Neutral Observer is cooking???

The Neutral Observer doesn't care care what you think!

[bow]

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

[ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2003 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Put it in Neutral and cost for a while. [rolleyes]
If you didn't pass they would have told you.

Left ear / Right ear, number might be at what freq. range you could hear the tone and push the button.

If this is nagging you just wait.[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If this is nagging you just wait.[ROFL2]
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top