Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/28/2003 7:05:20 PM EDT
whos got them, any reccomendations. i need to spend less than 200 for a basic no-frills or low-frills GPS unit for a few upcomming hunting and fishing trips.

I can get a magellen with my employee discount, so thats the brand im most likley looking at. they have a simple GPS that will cost me about $155, but for an extra $30 i can get one with mapping ability. im just trying to decide if i should spring for the mapping one. any input appreciated

thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:11:39 PM EDT
Garmins are easier to use, little faster unit. You can find the Garmin Legands for right at 200 now. Mapping is nice for the topo maps
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:11:50 PM EDT
magellen had some issues with their mapping software last year that gave some folks fits. not sure if that has been fixed or not. I prefer garmin but either brand should be a good unit. DO you intend to download maps to it? if not a base unit will do fine. If so get the largest amount of memory in one that you can afford. mike
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:12:13 PM EDT
i have a rino 110.i use it for hunting and it also has a built in FRS and GRMS radio. good for basics..if anyone eles in your party has a rino 100 or 120 you can send them your lat/lon wile talking to them and it will show up on your screen map. it doesnt have a base map,other then that its ok. and will be about the same as what you can get with your discount
Top Top