Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 12:46:26 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104322,00.html...........This guy seems to think you can slander and lie about anything you want and pass it off as artistic expression!!.....Have any of you actually seen this play?.......We need to find a way to let this asshole know how we feel!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
[i]Robbins portrays journalists as Pentagon puppets,..., and the Bush cabinet as war mongers willing to start a war to escape the negative publicity of the Enron scandal.[/i]

Well, is this not true?

[i] ...it also showed how we are being lied to by all the networks...[/i]

Isn't that true either?

[i]It was spun to make it look like that leadership started this war simply for its own political agenda[/i]

Anyone willing to argue it wasn't?

[i]"It demeans the Marines that were killed in my battalion, to say they died because five guys in a room thought it was fun to go create a war, " Doherty said. "That is bad, bad theater, bad taste." [/i]

Damn right. It is also bad, bad politics, bad actions that will have consequences.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was'nt there.......from what I have read here and on other boards the whole play sounds like a big piece of stinking horse shit.....as in it is contrary to the information I have............Kar98......If you have first hand knowledge that Robbins is in fact right ,Please share it with us all?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
the FOX story covering that was sweet. made those theater turd smackers look like fools. he also brought a sgt home from iraq to go along on the assignment.

the good sgt told them the play was so far off from the truth-that it was ridiculous. i thought it was also kick ass how the FOX guy who covered tim robbin's turd filled-anti play, mentioned how when he brought the sgt to see the play (in uniform) some of those liberal shit boxes in the audience actually called him a "NAZI".

fucking outrageous! i hate that asshole, tim robbin's and all his kiss ass thearter dicks, and anybody that follows his beliefs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]MK4Mod0[/b], you wouldn't be possibly answering the questions I had on that article you pointed out with other questions, would you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
that wasnt a sgt.

that was a  maj!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Kar98 .....I don't have first hand knowledge one way or the other........You seems to be a man "in the know" ..........I dont like anyone that distorts and lies about event when he himself was not present...In the Fox piece it seems pretty plain that he was not there..............on the other side the Major was..... I will take the Majors word before it take Robbins...........I also don't like people the slander our military........when they themselves don't have the package to serve. If he or you have facts in hand that what he says is true please present them for all to see................this is not a question for you, it is  for Robbins...it is a put up or shut type of statement!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Mods.....This is a duplicate thread , I did'nt see the other one till a little later..Please delete this one....My mistake ,,sorry!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[i]Robbins portrays journalists as Pentagon puppets,..., and the Bush cabinet as war mongers willing to start a war to escape the negative publicity of the Enron scandal.[/i]

Well, is this not true?

[i] ...it also showed how we are being lied to by all the networks...[/i]

Isn't that true either?

[i]It was spun to make it look like that leadership started this war simply for its own political agenda[/i]

Anyone willing to argue it wasn't?

[i]"It demeans the Marines that were killed in my battalion, to say they died because five guys in a room thought it was fun to go create a war, " Doherty said. "That is bad, bad theater, bad taste." [/i]

Damn right. It is also bad, bad politics, bad actions that will have consequences.
View Quote

No, actually none of the accusations were correct.  You're full of it, as usual.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
that wasnt a sgt.

that was a  maj!
View Quote

oops, my bad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm really sore and tired, so I'll put no pithy turn of phrase in the last post of this thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top