Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/28/2003 7:36:49 AM EDT
So we are having big Thanksgiving dinner with cousins yesterday and I decide to have some fun with my younger cousin from DC. I knew I could probably find something to piss her off with, knowing what a pansy brainwashed anti-gun person she is. So I start bitching about all the unecessary gun laws and regs out there. Well we get going at it for about a half hour when at somepoint she realizes I view most of my weapons as toys and tools nothing more nothing less. Well she becomes so flabergasted that she turns to my wife and says to her, "How can you put up with him? He sees these death dealing machines as toys!"
My wife turns around and says to her, " Oh don't mind him he's just messing with your head, he knows which ones are toys and which ones are tools, take for example my .45" Which she proceeds to show her from her purse.

Good lord I thought my cousin was going to drop onto the floor cowering, the look of abject terror and horror on her face the moment my wife produced her .45 was PRICELESS!!!!!!

That was the best thanksgiving ever.
I keep trying to take my cousin out shooting but she refuses, she is so stubborn it makes me sick. What is wrong with todays youth they refuse to budge or even consider a different poit of view.
Anyway I will never forget that look , ever!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:40:21 AM EDT
What, no pic's of the cousin...? Hey, somebody had to say it!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:47:26 AM EDT
Man what I would give to have a pic of her face at that moment. But alas, I don't walk around with a camera atached to my hand....
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:55:44 AM EDT
That's hilarious. I can't argue in person, I can write 'til the cows come home and lay my thoughts out point by point with success, but get me in person with an anti & I just get so freakin' mad I can't get my thoughts straight, so I never get into it since I can't handle. I just make a comment like, "Rather go to trail than be dead." and I leave it at that. Wish I could debate in person better. Good job. :)
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:57:36 AM EDT
i didnt have an anti gun disagrement, i had an anti kennedy discussion. my grandparents think that the kennedys were some kind of saviors. then ted kennedy was on the tube and i mutterd "what a fuckstick" they about flipped. not because of cussing, but because i spoke low of a kennedy. some people. however, i did enjoy shooting early yesterday. so it wanst a bad thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:01:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By whisper300: Man what I would give to have a pic of her face at that moment. But alas, I don't walk around with a camera [red]atached [/red]to my hand....
View Quote
Doesnt look like you have a spell checker attached as well!!! [;)]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:03:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2003 8:05:23 AM EDT by whisper300]
Oh good lord there is nothing I love better than a good one on one social discource on a topic I feel strongly about. Hell I love to rant and rave and raise my voice and have my arms flailing about while spittle slews forth from my wildly flapping lips. It makes for a jolly good time and fond memories. I especially love hearing comments like, "What do you need those things for?" or "How can you even begin to compare a gun to a car?" Hell my favorite is, "well personally I do not feel the need for a gun for self defense, we do not live in a society of savages!" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Do these fricken people live in a closet? Man I cannot wait for them to get out from under mommy and daddies wing and get into the real world some day soon. edited: feeble attempt to correct some spelling
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:07:23 AM EDT
Some of us young folk do like guns you know. Although it's incredibly difficult to have guns as a hobby when the government makes it so damn hard to even get ahold of one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:15:32 AM EDT
wisper, you should have asked her if she feels safe walking around DC at night in Anacostia!! Bet that would have shut her up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:19:55 AM EDT
Ask her if she know anything about the nature of bigotry / prejudice. If she's half intelligent she will recognize that most, if not all prejudice is based in [blue]fear[/blue]. (if not, lead her to that observation.) Then ask her if she's ever seen one of these? [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=217203&w=myTopicPop[/url] Then ask her what is she [blue] afraid [blue]of? - LS
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:30:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2003 8:48:58 AM EDT by whisper300]
Oh we really got into it yesterday. She has complained in the past about how expensive her rent is. So I told her to move into a cheaper neighborhood. Hypocracy is alive and well in Downtown DC. Her arguments are lame and she knows it. She has an issue with "Assault weapons" in civilian hands. Anyone not in the Military is a civilian, she just can't get this thru her pretty but thick skull (meaning LEO's are civilians)! She also keeps babbling about loopholes and other trendy terms and issues talked about by the ignorant. No need to fear fellows, I will keep battering these walls till I take them down, one stone at a time if need be!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:21:58 PM EDT
It is also funny how you aren't respecting somebody's opinion if you don't say 'Yes, you are right', and smile and nod.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:25:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2003 12:26:42 PM EDT by Zaphod]
Whisper, give your wife an "Atta-girl" from me! [beer] Edited to add: Next time, just club the stupid bitch over the head with a drumstick. When she complains, tell her she should be glad it's not a real club or a knife, because THEN she'd see why you and your wife pack...
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:08:39 AM EDT
What is wrong with todays youth they refuse to budge or even consider a different poit of view. Anyway I will never forget that look [shock], ever!
View Quote
I always try to get my girl friend to let me bring home another girl but she never wants to try that....
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:13:53 AM EDT
This thread is useless without a dinner pic! [:D] [devil]
Top Top