Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/26/2003 8:22:45 PM EDT
Well, I've sold off my AR upper and I'm now trying to figure out what rifle I want to get. I'm not having any luck selling off my lower so I've been thinking about getting a .300 Fireball upper for it. That way I could hunt deer with it here in Tennessee(.24cal or larger for deer.) and it wouldn't be too hard to load ammo for. Plus I can use the same mags. Is this a good plan or should I go with a Winchester 94 in 30/30 that I've been looking at? The price of the Winchester 94 and a new upper would be about the same and I'd have to get ammo either way. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:29:05 PM EDT
Whisper/Fireball is cool. With light bullets it is basically a 7.62x39. With heavy, its...well, unique. Everybody and his brotherr has a 30-30, get the Fireball.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:53:05 PM EDT
Just curious, where did you see a .300 Whis...uh, Fireball upper for the price of Win 94? I thought I had seen Mod 1, I think, selling .300 uppers in SGN but I don't think they come with a bolt. I called SSK several years ago to price - about $1K if I remember right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:12:06 PM EDT
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=174262&w=myTopicPop[/url] [url]www.tromix.com[/url] Just my suggestion [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:26:17 AM EDT
The 30/30 that I was going to get was a Canadian Cent. 1867-1967 and it was going to run me about $450, I could get it on my C&R lic. so it could be shipped to my door. The Model "1" Sales upper w/fluted bbl. and green handgaurds would run me $465 so the price is about the same. I'm pretty sure that I'm going with the Fireball because it'll do just about what I want out of a rifle. It uses standard AR mags(which I have) and I've been a handloader for some time now so ammo isn't a problem. I can hunt deer with it and play with working up loads using everything from 110gr. bullets up to 240gr. if I want to. Now all that I've got to do is sell off the TA-90 pistol that I've got and a bass guitar and amp and I'll have the money to order the upper, some brass and a die set. I sure hope that Midway USA has a die set, I'm pretty sure that they have brass.
Top Top