Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 8:22:45 PM EDT
Well, I've sold off my AR upper and I'm now trying to figure out what rifle I want to get. I'm not having any luck selling off my lower so I've been thinking about getting a .300 Fireball upper for it. That way I could hunt deer with it here in Tennessee(.24cal or larger for deer.) and it wouldn't be too hard to load ammo for. Plus I can use the same mags. Is this a good plan or should I go with a Winchester 94 in 30/30 that I've been looking at?  The price of the Winchester 94 and a new upper would be about the same and I'd have to get ammo either way. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Whisper/Fireball is cool. With light bullets it is basically a 7.62x39. With heavy, its...well, unique.

Everybody and his brotherr has a 30-30, get the Fireball.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Just curious, where did you see a .300 Whis...uh, Fireball upper for the price of Win 94?  I thought I had seen Mod 1, I think, selling .300 uppers in SGN but I don't think they come with a bolt.  I called SSK several years ago to price - about $1K if I remember right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=174262&w=myTopicPop[/url]

[url]www.tromix.com[/url]

Just my suggestion [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The 30/30 that I was going to get was a Canadian Cent. 1867-1967 and it was going to run me about $450, I could get it on my C&R lic. so it could be shipped to my door.  The Model "1" Sales upper w/fluted bbl. and green handgaurds would run me $465 so the price is about the same. I'm pretty sure that I'm going with the Fireball because it'll do just about what I want out of a rifle. It uses standard AR mags(which I have) and I've been a handloader for some time now so ammo isn't a problem. I can hunt deer with it and play with working up loads using everything from 110gr. bullets up to 240gr. if I want to.  Now all that I've got to do is sell off the TA-90 pistol that I've got and a bass guitar and amp and I'll have the money to order the upper, some brass and a die set.  I sure hope that Midway USA has a die set, I'm pretty sure that they have brass.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top