Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 5:58:23 PM EDT
I'm looking for a loxbox for my car.  I don't want something in the center console because that just screams gun.  I would like something that would fit underneath the seat if possible.  I have power seats so I only have a couple inches of vertical clearance between the ground and the bottom of my seat.  Any ideas, thoughts, experiences, or what to look out for would be helpfull.

I have found these two that look promising, but any input on these or any other ideas would be great.  Thanks.

www.versamount.net/aboutbox.htm

www.aegisindustries.com/phase2/vehiclemount.htm
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I at one time used a pair of handcuffs to lock my pistol to the frame of my seat in my truck. Was kinda a pain in the ass as I always unloaded my pistol everytime I locked it up. But since I have a CWP,I do not have that problem any more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You might also want to check out [url=http://www.truckvault.com]TruckVault[/url].
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish my truck had come with a center locking console and a locking glove compartment.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Lockbox just screams 'rip me out'... Kind of like bolted down stereo crap, or similar...

Wouldn't 'locked in the glovebox' be less conspicuous?

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Ripping it out isn't an option if it's bolted down correctly.

Run the bolts up thru the frame, weld  bolt heads to frame and gring off the excess.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Al Gore would know about lockboxes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
How about having a locked box with sunglasses, snacks, and other cheap items in the center console and then another more carefully hidden somewhere else (like under the seat) with your handgun in it.  The theif will find the one in the center console first and spend a sufficient amount of time trying to pry/rip it open that he will have no time to look for the other.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wouldn't 'locked in the glovebox' be less conspicuous?

View Quote

That is why I want it under the seat, and as least noticeable as possible.  My glove box doesn't lock, so I think that an inconspicous lockbox would be my best option.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
[url]www.handgunsafe.com[/url]

[url]http://www.handgunsafe.com/4805s.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top