Read this article from Montana

www.everyweek.com/News/News.asp?no=3688

CRC
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice evenhanded approach to the subject, huh? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
“Marbut plays a game common among gun activists,” the report alleges. “In the public arena with the spotlight shining on him, he professes to be an advocate for hunters and other shooting sports interests. [red] In reality, Marbut’s views fit squarely with the ‘patriot’ camp. [/red]
View Quote

Oh no,  he is a PATRIOT,  how terrible. [rolleyes]

If I lived in Montana I would join his org.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I would suppose so since owning a firearm is a prerequisite before you can become a political or religious extremist.[;D]

unarmed extremists are inconsequential so they dont count. Its only normal bitching.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would suppose so since owning a firearm is a prerequisite before you can become a political or religious extremist.[;D]

unarmed extremists are inconsequential so they dont count. Its only normal bitching.
View Quote

[homersimpson]It's funny because it's true[/homersimpson]

edited to add:

When did "patriot" became a slur?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Of course, we are always a "crowd", or "mob", our spokesmen are "gadflies", our opponents are "prey". Holy bolt carriers, Batman, even the Montana print media are a bunch of screaming lefties.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh damn.  I guess I'm an extremist.  A patriot even.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yawn. You'll never change that turds mind on guns. He is gelded no doubt.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Guilty!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I checked, the 2nd amendment says nothing about keeping guns for only hunting and sporting purposes.  Some parts of the constituting are felexibe as to what they mean, and others are pretty much in a clear, obvious manner.  The 2nd isn't one of those flexible documents.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]
“Gun rights groups have defined firearms issues in a very simplistic way,” the report explains. “People are either for gun control or against it. If you are for it, you are against freedom and a threat to America’s basic liberties, and pro-gun activists use gun issues to bludgeon their political opponents.”
View Quote

I think that sums it up pretty well, and accurately.  And I resemble that remark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top