Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2003 1:53:51 AM EDT
I was wondering if there was a loop  hole that the military men and women can use if they are foced to move to California. SB 23 states that the Ar 15's had to be reg. by X date. Well the date has passed but what about the military men and women who get orders here everday? Are they forced to sell or destroy the gun or can they bring it with them and register it? I have read SB 23 for my buddy who moved out of the state to be a recruiter and his 3 year tour is done and is coming back this way and has a post ban bushy. We where talking and wanted to make sure that we can get it registed before he comes in the state or they will take it. I E mailed them but have not heard any thing. Just wanted to know if any of you have had to deal with this head ach.

Mt Hunter
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask Paul. IIRC he imported (legally) his rifles into CA when he was reassigned there from WA. I remember a thread on the AR15-L about it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
that gives me some info to pass on to my buddy. What is Paul's screen name here. I tryed to search for it and the thread but could not find anything.

mthunter
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I think like overseas{ironic isn't it] the rifles could be stored in the base armory.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is Paul's screen name here. I tryed to search for it and the thread but could not find anything.

mthunter
View Quote

His screen name is Paul.  You might want to IM him with your questions.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top