Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You think that in 2 years his base will even remember what happens tomorrow?  And you think that his base will vote for BETO and not Trump because of it?
View Quote
Yes I will remember and no way I will vote for beto. I just dont give a fuck anymore. Most of us just won't vote because voting doesn't fucking matter.
Hopefully Americuhhhh will continue its precipitous decline a lot faster than it has been so that people will wake the fuck up.

I want to see the the American public hurry up and begin confiscation of all semi automatic and modern firearms.

Put up or shut up.

You are never ever ever ever ever getting your rights back. Unless we create an environment where people demand them back.

The only way to do that is to accelerate the decline of civil liberty.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have we seen the text yet?

I'm curious how they could do this without new legislation (aside from the now obsolete fact the feds have no lawful authority to ban anything).

I'm curious what they could come up with that would survive a court challenge.

We have weird and complex gun laws now. We don't need more weirdness or complexity. That's more the issue than bumpstocks.
View Quote
You're absolutely correct. I don't give one single fuck about bump stocks, but there's no way to ban them without endangering semi automatics in general. I can't think of any legalese that would effectively ban rate increasing devices without having the side effect of indirectly banning semi auto considering our fingers themselves are the actual devices that make bump fire work. Fundamentally, they're trying to regulate how fast you can fire your semi automatic.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sad thing is every one of the past Republican presidents would have signed this BS ban, including Ronald Reagan.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Could it be Trump wants to force a legal review of unconstitutional laws?
View Quote
Sorry your gal won.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
MOLON LABE MOTHERFUCKERS, COME AND TAKE IT!

Actually I don't own one, but I don't think many people will defy this law. I could be wrong.
View Quote
Not a law.  It would be an executive order.

Some days the president of the company I work for is cool, other days he can be a jackass.  I don't always do what he says on those days because he is wrong and slow to learn.  This is no different.  Trump wants to play he needs the votes in Congress to pass it or go sit in his sandbox and pound sand.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fake.
View Quote
Sorry your gal won.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I won't be voting for anyone who makes that many gun owners felons with the stroke of a pen. He's just another scumbag politician.  Fuck him. Fuck the NRA. Fuck anyone who thinks this is ok.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I will turn mine in............. for $35,000 cash or in exchange for adding any gun to the MG registry

Anything less they can get fucked and come get it from me. Hope whoever they send to take it is fine with losing their life over a piece of plastic.
View Quote
The Govt thanks you for outing yourself.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm really tired of this. We all know good and well that everyone, including you, is going to turn them in. And if they come for them, you're going to hand it over nice and easy, along with anything else they want. These are facts, just as surely as the sun will rise. There will be that one in a million guy living in a bunker in his basement who will resist, and he may take a few of them with him, but he's gonna get mowed down in the end, or wacoed.

And those cops he takes with him might very easily be cops on this forum, with families. Cops who right now are probably saying they would refuse to follow such orders, quit their jobs before they would confiscate anyone's bump stocks. But that's BS too. When push comes to shove, they'll do what they're told because their families like to eat.

So let's just all cut the bullshit. If you ignore this mandate and the orders come down from on high to confiscate your contraband, the cops are going to come to your door and demand your bump stocks, and you're going to hand them over without a fight, then allow yourself to be led away in handcuffs to face weapons charges.

And if you are that one in a million asshole who murders a cop over a piece of plastic, you're going to death row, and 99% of the people on this forum will say good riddance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will turn mine in............. for $35,000 cash or in exchange for adding any gun to the MG registry

Anything less they can get fucked and come get it from me. Hope whoever they send to take it is fine with losing their life over a piece of plastic.

I'm really tired of this. We all know good and well that everyone, including you, is going to turn them in. And if they come for them, you're going to hand it over nice and easy, along with anything else they want. These are facts, just as surely as the sun will rise. There will be that one in a million guy living in a bunker in his basement who will resist, and he may take a few of them with him, but he's gonna get mowed down in the end, or wacoed.

And those cops he takes with him might very easily be cops on this forum, with families. Cops who right now are probably saying they would refuse to follow such orders, quit their jobs before they would confiscate anyone's bump stocks. But that's BS too. When push comes to shove, they'll do what they're told because their families like to eat.

So let's just all cut the bullshit. If you ignore this mandate and the orders come down from on high to confiscate your contraband, the cops are going to come to your door and demand your bump stocks, and you're going to hand them over without a fight, then allow yourself to be led away in handcuffs to face weapons charges.

And if you are that one in a million asshole who murders a cop over a piece of plastic, you're going to death row, and 99% of the people on this forum will say good riddance.
People don't think liberty be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is ridiculous. They aren't even serialized. They would effectively be making funny-shaped pieces of plastic into contraband.

If this goes through, it will carve a large enough piece off of Trump's base that he will not likely be re-elected.
View Quote
Autosears were not serialized either, once.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bad signature.  Fuck him for signing it, if he does.

@NoloContendere
View Quote
The ATF only did this at Trump's insistence, he'll sign.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love this president...he has done great things for this country, but lately......it seems he is just pleasing the enemy democrat leftists with these stupid compromises....
View Quote
I agree

The bump stock issue has gone away and now he's bringing it up. Let the democrats bring it up next year
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
So let me understand this. BumpStocks are dangerous
so Feds ban & people who own them have 90 days to
turn in or destroy.

So what happens when Feds decide 30 round magazines
are dangerous & tell us we have 90 days to turn in or destroy?

Glad I don’t have either
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes I will remember and no way I will vote for beto. I just dont give a fuck anymore. Most of us just won't vote because voting doesn't fucking matter.
Hopefully Americuhhhh will continue its precipitous decline a lot faster than it has been so that people will wake the fuck up.

I want to see the the American public hurry up and begin confiscation of all semi automatic and modern firearms.

Put up or shut up.

You are never ever ever ever ever getting your rights back. Unless we create an environment where people demand them back.

The only way to do that is to accelerate the decline of civil liberty.
View Quote
Not exactly.

We gained rights back several times. When the AWB went away, when many states went to shall-issue and then Constitutional carry; with Heller and McDonald, etc.

In the bigger picture, I think it is likely we will lose. When, given what's at stake, Dems can retake the House in 2018, it is a bad sign.

We have three choices, as I see it:

1) Defeat the Dems politically for a generation. Make them walk the wilderness and come back with different ideas.
2) Submit.
3) Civil war.

3 above would be horrific. 2 would be much worse. 1 appears highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I agree

The bump stock issue has gone away and now he's bringing it up. Let the democrats bring it up next year
View Quote
He isn't buying anything banning them.

The only people who care about this issue is a small part of his base who oppose it, and an even smaller part of the opposition who hate him much more than they hate bumpstocks. Hell, they don't really care about the issue, they are just trying to move the ball forward for their side.

He wants to be POTUS to the American people, unlike Obama he doesn't hate half of America. I think that may play into his calculations.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
yes, I'm sure that's it

perhaps we'll have MG amnesty as a result of this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could it be Trump wants to force a legal review of unconstitutional laws?
yes, I'm sure that's it

perhaps we'll have MG amnesty as a result of this
Yup. Just 27D chess to back door repealing the NFA. Just wait he will start being a 2a supporter soon...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Incrementalism.

Bump stocks first. Semi-autos next.

You can bet on that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Where is Hawaiian judge when you need him?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
We all know this.  Nobody is going to destabilize their own life, or risk the lives of their family, to fight.   It's just not going to happen.

Oh, and if someone does, they'll do it alone, or perhaps with some small group that will be arrested or killed, and everyone will just write them off as crazy, or criminal, or both.  There is not going to be any revolution over individual civil liberties as long as people have fairly good jobs, careers, homes, and lives, and not as long as obesity and type 2 diabetes are problem in America.   It's just not going to happen.

But there won't be door to door confiscations either.  The police aren't going door to door for firearms.  First, that could make too many criminals at one time.  You never want to do that when you put up a prohibition, you don't want to draw that much attention to it.  Second, they don't have the manpower or money to do something like that.

They'll just do what they've done with every other gun law.  They'll arrest people and throw the book at them as they come across them.  They'll heavily penalize them as an example for the rest.  Then everyone else will either turn their stuff in, bury it, or dispose of it themselves for fear of going to federal prison for decades, and losing their entire life.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Keep chugging that kool aid!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban"
is not the same as
"President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing..."

Just saying....
Keep chugging that kool aid!
No kool aid here.  I assume he will sign it.  Doesn't make the thread title more accurate, though.  It says that the ban is in effect, and the 90-day clock is ticking.  It's not.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quick!! Send up the Bat-Signal  #OrangeManBad...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Incrementalism.

Bump stocks first. Semi-autos next.

You can bet on that.
View Quote
It's why I think the alphabet agency went against their usual draconian position and approved bumpstocks in the first place.

A 'give them enough rope and they will hang themselves' play.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Eight years of “Gun Grabing Evil Democrat Adminsitration”. =  No significant gun regulations other than removing the ban on CCW in national parks.

Half way through the first term of “Gun Loving Conservative Administration”. = reclassification of bumpstocks and maybe binary triggers. Vocal support of FL governor new age rules for long gun and ammo purchases. No attempted movement on nationwide CCW reciprocity till they lost majority power, now they want to pass it.

It’s as if they are blowing smoke up our asses to get votes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't have one but I'm against any encroachment on the right to bear arms.

If he can do it - then a Dem POTUS can do stuff too.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Don't have one but I'm against any encroachment on the right to bear arms.

If he can do it - then a Dem POTUS can do stuff too.  
View Quote
Why would they? He seems to be doing just fine without their help.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe we all should buy 1. Flood the streets with them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m not an owner of bump-stocks Pickup Trucks but I don’t agree with this. It’s a very slippery slope.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/29/report-president-trump-signing-bump-stock-ban-citizens-have-90-days-to-turn-them-in/

Report: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Pick Up Truck Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them

29 Nov 2018

President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing a ban on bump stocks that gives Americans 90 days to hand them over or otherwise dispose of them.
View Quote
View Quote
If it doesnt work with my correction, than it doesnt work at all.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]
NRA wanted them gone because they were being made for AK's and other guns as well and it was hurting their NFA owners/donors investments. Gotta keep those NFA prices up! Would have been great to see them made for the RPD, FAL, G3 M249s etc etc.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#29]
wait until some wacko commits a high profile crime with a binary trigger.......or a 10.5 pistol with a brace
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#30]
#NYValues

#Cuck
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

in order for it to be a compromise, both sides give up something in order to gain something in return. I don't see that we are gaining anything. Therefore, this would be a concession, not a compromise. We've been "compromising" our rights away for 80+ years. Enough. I don't want anymore "compromise", I don't want anymore concessions.
View Quote
Yeah. I know its not a law, but if they were going to ban bump stocks it should have been via Congress and it should have been tied to removing SBRs and SBS from the NFA. At least that would be a compromise.

This is going to cost Trump long term.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hurrrr deer durrrrr.... Muh 87d chess.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban"
is not the same as
"President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing..."

Just saying....
Hurrrr deer durrrrr.... Muh 87d chess.  
Sorry, what part of my statement was inaccurate?  You seem to be incorrectly assuming something I didn't say.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
wait until some wacko commits a high profile crime with a binary trigger.......or a 10.5 pistol with a brace
View Quote
Like clockwork.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
NRA wanted them gone because they were being made for AK's and other guns as well and it was hurting their NFA owners/donors investments. Gotta keep those NFA prices up! Would have been great to see them made for the RPD, FAL, G3 M249s etc etc.
View Quote
Yeah......bumpstocks were really starting to put a dent into the value of transferrable MG's.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
With all the things on the line, not voting for Trump over this in 2020 is pretty stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I won’t be voting for anyone who makes that many gun owners felons with the stroke of a pen. He’s just another scumbag politician.  Fuck him. Fuck the NRA. Fuck anyone who thinks this is ok.
With all the things on the line, not voting for Trump over this in 2020 is pretty stupid.
Wake up!!!!  Semi-autos are on the line if this goes through. You just don’t get it do ya.  Fuck DJT.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#36]
It's O.K.,,, we'll be getting the wall any day now.

Jay
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Turn them in or what?

They didn’t come door to door for all the Norinco Ammo that’s still floating around
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wake up!!!!  Semi-autos are on the line if this goes through. You just don't get it do ya.  Fuck DJT.
View Quote
Pretty sure Heller had some specific stuff to say about semi-autos being protected.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#39]
It's long past the point where everyone should ignore bullshit like this.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too late, the #OrangeManGood signal went up already.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assuming everyone is like you is a mistake.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#43]
So, the liberals hate him -- and will hate him no matter what he does, they won't be appeased - and now the conservatives will hate him too.

Especially the gun rights people that helped to elect him by such a narrow margin. He is basically destroying his own support base.

I think 2020 looks really bad.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Don't worry. the machine gun registry will be open any day now  
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Pretty sure Heller had some specific stuff to say about semi-autos being protected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wake up!!!!  Semi-autos are on the line if this goes through. You just don't get it do ya.  Fuck DJT.
Pretty sure Heller didn't define trigger pull frequency though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I find it hard to believe that it'll work that way.

TBH Bumpstocks and Sessions have been my only disappointments with him. I knew he would fumble the ball on something, hopefully it will stay just those two and no Reagan Amnesty for illegals etc
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure we have a 242 year old law that should stop this bullshit too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#48]
The President doesn't have the authority to unilaterally change legislatively codified definitions.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#49]
If I have to give something up I am supposed to be compensated. Where's the money?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll gladly trade in my bump stock rights for  hearing protection act rights.  So much for compromise.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top