Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want a real full auto firearm, go buy one. NOTHING is stopping you.
View Quote
ummmmm... the artificially high price cause by the Hughes Amendment is one thing that stops me...... I can't afford $16,000 for something that should cost around $1,000.

Then the limited supply (which causes high prices again Hughes Amendment is to blame) is another.

Your argument sucks and is weak.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Trump runs on 150 octane adulation; he agrees with whoever is kissing his ass at the moment.  Check out Feinstein’s Last Orgasam, for example.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This could kill his chances for reelection.
We've been saying since March that this would straight-up prevent his re-election if implemented.  I'm certain it won't be spun that way in practice, same with Rick Scott's narrow win in a previously easy race, but it's the truth.
Good point...…..why he and Scott fail to see that this will not swing one single Left vote to their side is absolutely mind numbing in its stupidity.
Trump runs on 150 octane adulation; he agrees with whoever is kissing his ass at the moment.  Check out Feinstein’s Last Orgasam, for example.
Well then he will find out the hard way come 2020 if he fails to throw us a bone between now and then.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You think he didn't personally approve the presidential executive memorandum he sent to Sessions to 'write out' bump stocks, which he bragged of himself on live TV a dozen times over the past year?

You tools are more delusional than liberals at this point.  "Naturally a skeptical man," my ass.  If it's not in Trump's Twitter feed, you don't believe it exists (although I'm pretty sure his bump stock ban was in his Twitter feed at least a handful of times this past year).  What a tiny, pale little world that must be.

It won't be 'finally signed' because it's already been approved; that's what the official memorandum a year ago was.  Now the ATF is merely carrying out his orders through a complicated, multi-step process, of which we are currently at the FINAL step and which does not require presidential approval.  The only thing Trump could sign --but won't-- is a reversal of his earlier directive.

When it is posted 'for real' you'll be here saying you won't believe it until people start getting arrested.  And a few years later, that the people being arrested were playing stupid games, deserving their stupid prize, etc.

"Spartan at Heart"

Molon Maybe
View Quote
Whoa, why are you getting so mad at Spartanheart???

He is just going to wait and see if Trump actually signs this......or reverses it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this quote from the Washington Post pretty much sums things up:

The move also drew caution from lawmakers who said taking executive action on the devices could lead to court battles.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well then he will find out the hard way come 2020 if he fails to throw us a bone between now and then.
View Quote
Probably not.

Hardcore gun rights advocates are a pretty small sliver of the country.

People who believe in "common sense gun control" make up the vast majority of Americans.  Probably including most gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ummmmm... the artificially high price cause by the Hughes Amendment is one thing that stops me...... I can't afford $16,000 for something that should cost around $1,000.

Then the limited supply (which causes high prices again Hughes Amendment is to blame) is another.

View Quote
Your inability to budget and save to afford something which is so incredibly important to you is a real tear jerker. Your argument sucks and is weak.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your inability to budget and save to afford something which is so incredibly important to you is a real tear jerker. Your argument sucks and is weak.
View Quote
Yeah, I have a couple of m60s too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok. I want one for $1000.00 USD. Tell me where to buy one at that (totally reasonable for an M11/9) price and I'll get the paperwork started right now.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your inability to understand that Hughes cut our "rights", artificially escalated prices, and overvalued something with little value is weak.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't about the price, it's about the fact that the components used to build them only cost around $1000. You wouldn't pay $25k for a $1000 starter camera as a Christmas present for your wife, but you'd pay $25k for a $1000 gun? That sounds terribly financially irresponsible. It's "fake value" not intrinsic value. Anyone who has to budget and save to be able to afford one of these, shouldn't be blowing $25k on something with a $1000 intrinsic value. If you make $400k a year and only need to save up for a month, sure. But if it's something you'll have to save for many months and years, you'd damn sure better not spend that kind of money on something the government could ban outright with the stroke of the pen.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL. Ok dude. There aren't enough transferable machine guns to meet the demand if everyone with a bump fire stock bought them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

LOL. Ok dude. There aren't enough transferable machine guns to meet the demand if everyone with a bump fire stock bought them.
View Quote
Bingo.  There's 180k transferrables.

There's 500k or more bumpstocks in private hands.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow! Some 2A supporter you are....

Instead of getting upset at the (unconstitutional) law that is an egregious violation of the 2A..... you chastise people unable to afford (or don't want to spend 16x or more the value on) something.

You are in one of two categories...
1. You own some full auto and rather than see them affordable and more widespread, you want the law to remain to protect your investment so their value doesn't go down.......

2. You only support 2A when it comes to the kinds of guns you like....and screw all the others.

Either way....you are no friend of the 2A
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Trump is not going to EO a Bumpy Ban.
Congress is not going to pass a law regulating them

The BATFE may rule against them by reversing existing rulings making them some fuckery ruling saying umm....bad but other than machine gun.  This is going to be tough for them to do without leaving themselves open for a large legal battle.

Should any of the above ban without renumeration or grand fathering there will be a very solid 5A case.

It is my belief that Congress being pussies, the Pres knowing the consequences for signing anything and the 5A implications of BATFE changing a ruling that is clearly not a machingun is what’s been holding a ban up.

.GOV has painted itself into a political and legal definition corner on this one. There is no way for them to easily do this without huge political ramifications as well as a 5A legal battle.

Another downside for them is if they get their pee pee’s wracked in court, they limit themselves bigley in future legal attempts because solid precedent has been established.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok did they address the “takings” aspect, government cannot take property without compensation last I knew.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Probably not.

Hardcore gun rights advocates are a pretty small sliver of the country.

People who believe in "common sense gun control" make up the vast majority of Americans.  Probably including most gun owners.
View Quote
So you're telling me when they say most NRA members support common sense gun control a background checks, they're telling the truth?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok did they address the “takings” aspect, government cannot take property without compensation last I knew.
View Quote
Donald Trump has been using Eminent Domain to take shit from people for years. 'Compensation' in many of those cases is frequently far from being fair and just compensation. Do you really think he cares about compensating people for taking items that he doesn't approve of?

In addition to that, the feds also have a record of seizing things that they contend us lowly subjects shouldn't have. The 'takings' argument will go nowhere.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Trump is not going to EO a Bumpy Ban.
Congress is not going to pass a law regulating them

The BATFE may rule against them by reversing existing rulings making them some fuckery ruling saying umm....bad but other than machine gun.  This is going to be tough for them to do without leaving themselves open for a large legal battle.

Should any of the above ban without renumeration or grand fathering there will be a very solid 5A case.

It is my belief that Congress being pussies, the Pres knowing the consequences for signing anything and the 5A implications of BATFE changing a ruling that is clearly not a machingun is what's been holding a ban up.

.GOV has painted itself into a political and legal definition corner on this one. There is no way for them to easily do this without huge political ramifications as well as a 5A legal battle.

Another downside for them is if they get their pee pee's wracked in court, they limit themselves bigley in future legal attempts because solid precedent has been established.
View Quote
Remember the Atkins Accelertator?  We're those owners compensated?  Or was it the ATF saying fuck you destroy them?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Again, this is a huge part for me.

If Trump supports taking property without compensation, I will actively work to ensure nobody I know votes for him ever again.

It isn't about the stupid object, it's the idea.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Today Rahm Emanuel said that Democrats need to separate President Donald Trump from his base.
View Quote
That man is dangerous. I believe he is brilliant.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Is Trump going to speak at the NRA convention again after this goes through? Will he still claim to be upholding and protecting the 2A?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree that bump-stocks allow AR15s to operate (unreliably) as fully automatic rifles.  
If Congress and the President wish, then Congress should add them to the definition of a machine gun via legislation.
I hope the SC tells them exactly this. (not holding my breath )

This whole thing has far deeper ramifications than guns.  Imagine if Obama had tried this.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I agree that bump-stocks allow AR15s to operate (unreliably) as fully automatic rifles.  
If Congress and the President wish, then Congress should add them to the definition of a machine gun via legislation.

This whole thing has far deeper ramifications than guns.  Imagine if Obama had tried this.
View Quote
So the bump-stocks allow more that one round pre trigger squeeze?

If Obama had tried this........the same people saying "I don't care about bumpstocks" while Trump is doing it........would be screaming about Obama's doing it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I propose a new law.

The .GOV can’t ban/outlaw anything without using it themselves for a year.

Whether it be bumpstocks, meth, cocaine, heroine...
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If Obama had tried this........the same people saying "I don't care about bumpstocks" while Trump is doing it........would be screaming about Obama's doing it.
View Quote
No. I said they allow them to fire more like an automatic, but not matching the legal definition of a machine gun.  Thus the need for legislative clarification.

"I agree that bump-stocks allow AR15s to operate (unreliably) as fully automatic rifles. "

as
/az,z/Submit
adverb

conjunction

2. used to indicate by comparison the way that something happens or is done.
"dress as you would if you were having guests"

synonyms:in the (same) way that, the (same) way; informallike
"we all felt as Frank did"
synonyms:like, in the guise of, so as to appear to be More
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No. I said they allow them to fire more like an automatic, but not matching the legal definition of a machine gun.  Thus the need for legislative clarification.

as/az,z/Submit
adverb
used in comparisons to refer to the extent or degree of something.
"hailstones as big as tennis balls"
conjunction
used to indicate that something happens during the time when something is taking place.
"Frank watched him as he ambled through the crowd"
synonyms:while, just as, even as, (just) when, at the time that, at the moment that
"she looked up as he entered the room"
used to indicate by comparison the way that something happens or is done.
preposition
used to refer to the function or character that someone or something has.
"he got a job as a cook"
during the time of being (the thing specified).
"he had often been sick as a child"
View Quote
No you didn’t , reread what your first post said .

“Operate as a machinegun”

That is patently false, then you try to backtrack.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No you didn't , reread what your first post said .
"Operate as a machinegun"
That is patently false, then you try to backtrack.
View Quote
Ok, fine, I'll agree that my grammatic structure could have been better.
But, read the context from the following sentences.  I am saying that they don't mechanically operate the same as a machine gun, but have the similar end effect.  If Congress wants to add them to the legal definition, they need to amend the law.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

"I agree that bump-stocks allow AR15s to operate (unreliably) as fully automatic rifles. "

as
/az,z/Submit
adverb

conjunction

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as
/az,z/Submit
adverb

conjunction

ATF already clarified it on at least one, IIRC two occasions. Bumpfire stocks are not machineguns and they do not convert a semi-auto into a machine gun. What more clarification are we looking for here? It’s done. More “clarification” will lead to a new definition that conforms to Trump’s idea that these are machine guns.

Yay freedom.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ATF already clarified it on at least one, IIRC two occasions. Bumpfire stocks are not machineguns and they do not convert a semi-auto into a machine gun. What more clarification are we looking for here? It's done. More "clarification" will lead to a new definition that conforms to Trump's idea that these are machine guns.

Yay freedom.
View Quote
That's my point.

If they want the law, fucking pass it, and reap the consequences that may or may not come.
Don't do some sleight of hand/end-around, policy change that circumvents the law.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have to disagree.  The government making something artificially scarce through legislation is wrong and it is the essential problem.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's my point.

If they want the law, fucking pass it, and reap the consequences that may or may not come.
Don't do some sleight of hand/end-around, policy change that circumvents the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF already clarified it on at least one, IIRC two occasions. Bumpfire stocks are not machineguns and they do not convert a semi-auto into a machine gun. What more clarification are we looking for here? It's done. More "clarification" will lead to a new definition that conforms to Trump's idea that these are machine guns.

Yay freedom.
That's my point.

Really seems like this will go to the courts for a while.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today Rahm Emanuel said that Democrats need to separate President Donald Trump from his base.
NO ONE except Trump can separate him from his base and he may have just done it with this bumpstock bullshit.

I really don't see voting for him if he pushes this.
No, I do not own one.
Going after law abiding people will not stop or curb actions of violent, dangerous people.

I want steep repercussions for every time a lie is told on TV or through the news media or while trying to change or pass laws or during any news broadcast.
A total truth law.
Any lie or misrepresentation of the truth and the broadcast license is pulled for 1 year and a $1 billion fine for the first offense.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's my point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay freedom.
That's my point.

oh now I gotcha. Thanks for, uh, clarifying.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't give a rat's ass about bump stocks either. But the ban bump stocks is nothing more than a thinly veiled attack on semi automatics. Even if it's not meant that way now, it's how it will eventually be used. Supporting it, or even allowing it to stand is foolish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This ban is pointless, will likely be largely ignored by most and will serve only to make hoplophobic liberals feel good. In a year or less, the only affect will be that those who used them in public won't be able to use them in public anymore. There will be no direct confiscations as they are untraceable and would be low on the priority list for even the most zealous ATF agent.

If you choose to not vote to reelect Trump because of this, you increase the liklihood that a gun hating demorat will be elected and they WILL move to pass draconian anti-gun legislation.

Choose your battles, that's what President Trump did.
I don't give a rat's ass about bump stocks either. But the ban bump stocks is nothing more than a thinly veiled attack on semi automatics. Even if it's not meant that way now, it's how it will eventually be used. Supporting it, or even allowing it to stand is foolish.
^^^^^^  That is what pisses me off more than anything on this.    MGs -> Bump stocks on a semi auto shoot as fast as a MG ->  Semis can shoot as fast as a MG.  Ban them all.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Instead of getting upset at the (unconstitutional) law that is an egregious violation of the 2A..... you chastise people unable to afford (or don't want to spend 16x or more the value on) something.

1. You own some full auto and rather than see them affordable and more widespread, you want the law to remain to protect your investment so their value doesn't go down.......

2. You only support 2A when it comes to the kinds of guns you like....and screw all the others.

View Quote
Do you really think anyone who has invested in full auto really wants the Hughes Act to be abolished? (Yes, I'm sure there's more than a few. The point still stands.) Think of how much money they'd lose on their "investments" if the Colt M16 they paid $25,000 for NIB was suddenly only "worth" $1,000.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ever heard of Civil Asset Forfeiture?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is exactly why voting for a "a gun-grabbing NYC elitist™ " in the primaries was so dangerous.

M855 ban was stopped, " 'cuz that Markist Kenyon Moslim" was President. No one wasn't faulting Obama's DOJ for the 7N6 ban. Even under Obama, we gained carry in National Parks.

Now we bend over and take that shit.  Vepr import ban and now the bumpstocks. The only significant pro-2A victory by Trump has been getting the Obama Social Security gun restrictions repealed.

No political capital was spent by the President to advance the RKBA with Republican controlled Senate and House even after a Republican softball game was attacked by a Democrat.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh will pay dividends one day, hopefully soon since they need to undo the shit coming from the Executive branch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok.  Then open the registry for three years or forever actually.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The reg mentions slidefire by name, multiple times.  Crux is being disingenuous and hoping against hope that his imaginary best friend hasn't screwed all of us with this great brain fart.

Just like how for months we've heard how the NRA didn't actually support banning them despite expressing support for banning "mg conversion devices," and it was an elaborate rope a dope.  Well, the #2 gal in the NRA came out today and said the association has always favored banning bump stocks and machine guns.

None of these people are on our (actual, interested and aware gun owners) side.
View Quote
Hammer is running her mouth again?

I searched back on google and TTAG and can't find it.  Can someone link it?  All I get is the older statements she's made: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/10/luis-valdes/marion-hammer-nra-never-wanted-legal-machine-guns-bump-fire-stocks/
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not an attorney but it is my understanding that civil asset forfeiture comes after you broke a law or profited from braking a law and bought something with the proceeds.

Then again the SC let municipalities eminent domain properties on behalf of private developers.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do you really think anyone who has invested in full auto really wants the Hughes Act to be abolished? (Yes, I'm sure there's more than a few. The point still stands.) Think of how much money they'd lose on their "investments" if the Colt M16 they paid $25,000 for NIB was suddenly only "worth" $1,000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What they need to realize is, their guns were only really worth a grand all along. It was the idiotic Hughes act that artificially inflated those prices.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have to disagree.  The government making something artificially scarce through legislation is wrong and it is the essential problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And taxing a constitutional right on top of it.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#44]
There is nothing in the Constitution which prohibits Congress from taxing the exercise of constitutional rights except the 24th amendment, which is limited to voting.
The men who drafted the Constitution limited Congress' power to lay direct taxes, but that was swept away in 1913
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
They do not meet the definition of a MG.   It's not ROF.  It's one shot per function of the trigger.  You are wrong.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#46]
These threads always bring out the Fudds, boot-lickers, and "Muh NFA investment" types.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#47]
If I might break up the purse swinging for a moment.

Has Trump actually signed anything yet?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think he has to. He signed a letter directing the AG and BATFE to reclassify and ban them. That's what they're doing, at his explicit direction.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, and he is not going to because there is no signing in this process.  The BATFE will release a rule saying destroy or turn in your shit or else.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
The other thread had the link to the registry I believe . It had a generic 12/00 date because it hasn’t been finalized yet.

And I don’t think trump signs anything the atf puts out anyway
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top