Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 2:15:59 PM EDT
I've been on this board (and the version before it) and it's time for me to become a "Team Member".

So I signed on the dotted line this morning. Heck, it's worth it just for the amusement factor alone...lol. I don't post much but I sure spend a lot of time here.

I'm just curious when the team member part kicks in and I can post my avatar or did Ed take my money and is living it up in Vegas for a short three minutes? :)
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry.  They'll get you signed up... someday. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What? Is this place just like the post office? LOL!

I can wait. Heck, I'm been here since 2000 and I can't remember how long on the old board.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The Holy Goat does upgrades on the weekends so depending on how much there is to do you may have a small wait to get you upgrade. on the bright side your memberhip date runs from the day he upgrades you.. not the day you pay. You will still get the full length of membership.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Listen up, y'all:

Once the background check is complete, your application is forwarded to the Membership Committee. The Committee will review the background material over the course of a few weeks, between rounds of golf at the HQ complex. Once they have a consensus to allow your application to proceed, it is passed on to the Sergeant-at-Arms for delivery to the Lower Administration. This group will double-check all information for completeness and accuracy. Depending on the mood of the L.A., the background information may need to be re-verified by the Special Investigative Team. You don't want that, at all. Presuming the Lower Administration accepts the application, they will then make a request for an Application Hearing with the Upper Administration. Now, we're getting somewhere. Usually, the Upper Administration will hold Application Hearings only in months that do not contain an "r", so you're in luck. Those poor saps that make application in late August have a looooooooooooooong wait. OK, once the UA decrees that they will hold said Hearing, and issues a proclamation notifying the Membership of the date, copies of any particulary interesting personal facts about you that turn up during the background check are distributed. Photos, usually obtained surreptitiously, are distributed to GoatBoy and ilikelegs for future use. The UA will then notify the Membership that you have or have not been accepted for membership.

Finally, there's the initiation. I can't reveal any details, but let's just say that you won't walk the same way for weeks, if ever. And you'll never, ever, look at a particular common garden implement without shuddering just a little. From there, it's simply a 30-day "cooling off" period to make sure you still want to be in.

All in all, you should be a full AR15.com Team Member by, say, October 2006. Good luck. We'll be waiting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...I'm just curious when the team member part kicks in and I can post my avatar or did Ed take my money and is living it up in Vegas for a short three minutes? :)
View Quote

Right after you ride the goat! [;D]
(about two weeks)

[devil]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top