Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/25/2003 10:03:21 AM EDT
I've bought 2 of these discs with the little brushes for cleaning the lens of different cd players, dvd players, cd-roms and cd-rw and dvd/rw drives.
They work in all my cd players, dvd players, cd-rom drives, but the stupid burner won't read the damn thing.
HELP!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:43:17 AM EDT
c'mon, c'mon. Don't nobody know nothin around here?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:51:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 11:02:02 AM EDT by Merrell]
You are not supposed to clean or repair anything. This is the disposable society, and your burner is probably obsolete anyway. Throw it away and go buy a new Chinese-manufactured burner. It will support their economy and contribute to the deficit, but what the hell. Go home with your new purchase (tossing it in the back of your Nissan*/Toyuta**/Hyundai/Suzuki) and pay it off in installments from your paycheck at WalMart. Pass the time waiting for this model to break by watching sitcoms and eating fat-laden fast food. Remember to vote for Hillary so she can clean up this mess Bush caused. *If the defective wheels haven't killed you yet. **Yes, I spelled it wrong. Being a typical modern American, I am too lazy to go back and edit it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:32:09 PM EDT
Thanks for the comic reply, but what I really need is someone who can answer the fucking question. I have two computers, with burners in each machine, and neither drive will read the 2 cleaning cds. The cleaning cds work in both cd-rom/dvd drives, all 3 dvd players in the house, and 7 cd players I've used them in, but NOT the burners. Why? Bueller, Bueller? Anyone, anyone?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 5:53:25 PM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:51:40 PM EDT
Not to be a smart ass but how do you know it needs cleaning? Kind of an idea is it the correct "format" for the burner? (It might not matter but) DVD+RW, DVD-RW od whatever? I know there were some competing formats for a while and may still be, if it's reading it as the wrong format it might ignore it. Can you lie to it and call it a music cd? and try and read it using a cd p playing program? Get it to spin a few times trying to read it as a cd until it gets confused, you shouldn't need to spin it more than a few times to clean it anyway. And not that I ever paid attention, but I read somewhere that you could defeat one of the copy protection schemes by coloring the outer edge with a marker. Try that, I can't see that it can harm anything and you can clean it off if it doesn't work.
Top Top