Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What optic is that?
View Quote
Burris FF3. I bought the gun used and it was too good of a deal to pass up. CGW did their package on it with SRT and milled it. Basically competition ready for my wife with 4 mags. I paid $550.

I'd like to go with the deltapoint because it has the optional  rear sight.

I've been seeing mixed info on what optics interchange though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with the forward-milled dovetail for my rear sights on both slides. How about you guys?

That guy from Sage Dynamics has some videos explaining the benefits of forward vs rear. I was easily convinced, given that most rear sights with any dots or markings have always been too busy for me and caused focus issues with my eyes.
Back Up Sight Placement on RDS Handguns
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
@phortykal

I posted this in tech about irons forward of optic vs rear.

Irons Forward (blacked out Ameriglo GL-429; lower 1/3rd) for the following reasons (in order of priority to me):- Puts the RMR further away from the ejection port and RMR window is partially eclipsed by the rear sight, both of which result in reduction/elimination of carbon and lube buildup on the window. After hundreds of rounds my RMR window is still minty fresh instead of carbon frosted like my buddies gun
- RMR further back means I didn't have to cut or re-purchase any new holsters to fit the RMR. Given I have about $300 dollars in Glock 19 holsters, this was a good thing
- The RMR window isn't very big, and having the irons to the rear eats up some of the bottom of the window. At least with irons in front, the dot can be superimposed so the full window is usable
- While I dont beat up my RMR, irons forward provide some protection to the optic body if you cycle the gun off a hard surface

The detractors would say the following:
- reduced sight radius (I can still shoot head shots at 25 Y on IPSC target, so I don't find that to be an issue)
- looks wonky (you get used to it )
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How are the new converts &/or fence sitters progressing?

Especially YoteSlayer, who had a Saul of Tarsus moment after reading the Sage Dynamic white paper

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113559/saul_png-847221.JPG

@YoteSlayer69
@tc2129
@Harv24
@Birddog1911
@bjohnson425
@floater33
@nlm23
@2tired2run
@Ltlabner
@polymorpheous
@SIASL
@RC-1136
@phortykal
@Justintime2
@KTM300XCW
View Quote
Update:
Can't remember if I've posted and update...
Glock17 Gen5 MOS
Trijicon RMR
Mounted and a couple range sessions with it
So far loving it but does take a minute to get the hang of it
Have been practicing draws while working in my office to get used to presenting with the dot visible

Now I want a G26 Gen5 with an RMR for no real reason lol
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Update:
Can't remember if I've posted and update...
Glock17 Gen5 MOS
Trijicon RMR
Mounted and a couple range sessions with it
So far loving it but does take a minute to get the hang of it
Have been practicing draws while working in my office to get used to presenting with the dot visible

Now I want a G26 Gen5 with an RMR for no real reason lol
View Quote
I'll tell ya, I think I might be even a little more excited about my 26 than my 19.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just joined the club this week with a Brownells slide

Carry mode:
https://i.imgur.com/QmT075E.jpg

Fun mode:
https://i.imgur.com/OVOBUPl.jpg
View Quote
How are these Brownell slides? I have always wondered if they hold u to the Glock OEM slides?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
And what is a Channel Liner? Brownells says you need them for these slides.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Striker runs along the channel liner (plastic).
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Channel liner

Install tool
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How are these Brownell slides? I have always wondered if they hold u to the Glock OEM slides?
View Quote
It seems fine to me, though since I just got it last week and have yet to use it much I'm not one to speak to how it will hold up over the long run. Fits in my Glock IWB holster (Incog) with no issues and I like the front slide serrations. Feels like a good alternative to slide milling (I was impatient and didn't want to wait weeks for milling+nitride coating) plus now I still have my factory slide unmolested just in case for any reason.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It seems fine to me, though since I just got it last week and have yet to use it much I'm not one to speak to how it will hold up over the long run. Fits in my Glock IWB holster (Incog) with no issues and I like the front slide serrations. Feels like a good alternative to slide milling (I was impatient and didn't want to wait weeks for milling+nitride coating) plus now I still have my factory slide unmolested just in case for any reason.
View Quote
@thestig

what irons did you put on and do they hit poa/poi
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@thestig

what irons did you put on and do they hit poa/poi
View Quote
@Fooboy

Trijicon suppressor series night sights (GL201-C-600649). Yes, they are co-witnessed with the RMR.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#13]
My G26 and G19 slides should be arriving back from Maple Leaf Firearms this weekend. I am impatiently waiting.

I will get some thoughts and pics up for you guys as soon as I get them together.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My G26 and G19 slides should be arriving back from Maple Leaf Firearms this weekend. I am impatiently waiting.

I will get some thoughts and pics up for you guys as soon as I get them together.
View Quote
In my experience Maple Leaf does great work, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

pepperidge farm remembers.jpg
View Quote

I haven't made the switch yet but its coming.  Need Sig to put out some RMR cut slides.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jumping in with 2 slides at once. Nice.

My second g19 should be here in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Q on zeroing red dots on pistols...

I thought a cowitness with the iron sights would be the end goal, but I watched a Sage Dynamics video that said that was bad logic.

Now I’m wondering how do I figure out where to put the dot...? I can adjust elevation so it’s above the front sight but how much...?

I’m thinking of zeroing at 25 yds if that matters, but am completely willing to consider another distance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I like 15Y.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I thought a cowitness with the iron sights would be the end goal, but I watched a Sage Dynamics video that said that was bad logic.

Now I’m wondering how do I figure out where to put the dot...? I can adjust elevation so it’s above the front sight but how much...?

I’m thinking of zeroing at 25 yds if that matters, but am completely willing to consider another distance.
View Quote
Shouldn't it be like any other zero for defensive situations?  I usually use JBM ballistics and run the zeros at different distances to see if there is one zero that will cover the ranges within an acceptable drop group that might be encountered.  IIRC my 300blk is 75 yds, 9mm carbine is 50yd, 223 is 50 yd...
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve had this for a few weeks and have put about 300 rounds through it. Still getting used to it but the dot is much better than irons with my old eyes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shouldn't it be like any other zero for defensive situations?  I usually use JBM ballistics and run the zeros at different distances to see if there is one zero that will cover the ranges within an acceptable drop group that might be encountered.  IIRC my 300blk is 75 yds, 9mm carbine is 50yd, 223 is 50 yd...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would I know? I’m new to these things on pistols.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Personally, I like to zero the top of the dot at 25 meters. Therefore from contact distance to 25 meters you’re generally right inside the dot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I received my slides back today. I could not be happier with the work done by Maple Leaf Firearms. Can't wait to shoot these Tuesday.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Those look awesome. How's the drawing practice
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Those look awesome. How's the drawing practice
View Quote
Definitely a learning curve. It really points out how I tend to present high and left.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:54:41 AM EDT
[#26]
After seeing this thread I've really put some work into using my RMR's and definitely see the speed and target acquisition advantages over irons. As others have said put in the work and these things work great.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#27]
So I put my first RMR on a G22 today and the dot resembles a bird shot pattern. Is this me or did I get a bad RMR?
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I put my first RMR on a G22 today and the dot resembles a bird shot pattern. Is this me or did I get a bad RMR?
View Quote
You probably have astigmatism
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

An RMR does not make you accurate, but it lets you see your sight without focusing on multiple planes. It is easier for most people once they understand and practice the appropriate drills, etc.
View Quote
Just not a fan, I have far too much trigger time behind irons. Truth is if I ever get into an altercation the chances of me even using sights are about .02%. for that .02% if I need to actually align the sights with my target... well, I know how to aim, and I'll have time to aim.
A handgun for me is a close quarter protection tool.

But hell, if y'all like it I'm glad it works for you!
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just not a fan, I have far too much trigger time behind irons. Truth is if I ever get into an altercation the chances of me even using sights are about .02%. for that .02% if I need to actually align the sights with my target... well, I know how to aim, and I'll have time to aim.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An RMR does not make you accurate, but it lets you see your sight without focusing on multiple planes. It is easier for most people once they understand and practice the appropriate drills, etc.

Isn’t this an argument *for* an RMR?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The weird thing is when I looked through it holding it in my hand the dot was fine.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The weird thing is when I looked through it holding it in my hand the dot was fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make sure the dot emitter isn't dirty with oil or something.  Look backward into the sight, between the mounting screws, and the emitter is there.  Clean it with a Q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol on it and see how it is after that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah. I was trained by a secret order of Wizards. They taught me how to use sorcery and wizardry to command the bullets in flight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Take a pic of dot with camera.

If its crisp - it's you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Saying that you’re going to rely upon point shooting is just a bullshit excuse for failing to train.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In other words, you don't have enough time behind irons.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In other words, you don't have enough time behind irons.
View Quote
Yaaaaassss
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Waiting on next slide
RMR waits patiently
single plane aiming
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Waiting on next slide
RMR waits patiently
single plane aiming
View Quote
@Fooboy
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Haha haiku bat signal
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#42]
This needs to not suck and get imported to the US, unless it does suck, then it can stay overseas.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Details?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This needs to not suck and get imported to the US, unless it does suck, then it can stay overseas.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173129/BDDE0A3D-3BAC-4AEB-B0DD-FC19B2172AA2-884804.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173129/BDDE0A3D-3BAC-4AEB-B0DD-FC19B2172AA2-884804.jpg
Quoted:
Details?
What Fooboy said
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Any options to put an RMR style optic (Shield RMS, Trijicon, Leupold, etc) on a Glock 43/48 slide?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Details?
View Quote
It's German, it fits the Glock MOS cut. That's all I know.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Any options to put an RMR style optic (Shield RMS, Trijicon, Leupold, etc) on a Glock 43/48 slide?
View Quote
RMSc is the only one that will fit without overhang.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Details?
That seems like a really difficult window to pick up compared to normal mrds unless they have some magic going on.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That seems like a really difficult window to pick up compared to normal mrds unless they have some magic going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Details?
One thing I've noticed with the Shield is that cowitnessing with standard irons makes picking up the dot easier.  Same should apply here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top