Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The face you make when you return from a business trip and your RMR has arrived.

The face you make you make when you go to install said RMR and quickly find out that Glock MOS require a different set of mounting screws that need to be ordered in a separate kit.

I guess I missed it in the fine print or something but dammit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Doing a little grouping.

Ticked AE changed my fav load AE9FP 147 ... so looking for a replacement

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doing a little grouping.

Ticked AE changed my fav load AE9FP 147 ... so looking for a replacement

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113559/4675BAC3-1D79-4F03-A261-8A8A0EE814F2_jpeg-823090.JPG
View Quote
Try some RA9T.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Try some RA9T.
View Quote
I meant for range use.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I meant for range use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try some RA9T.
I meant for range use.
Sellier & Bellot always has good reviews and is cheap. I got a case of 115gr for the range, but haven't shot any yet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#6]
What problems are you finding with the new AE load?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The face you make when you return from a business trip and your RMR has arrived.

The face you make you make when you go to install said RMR and quickly find out that Glock MOS require a different set of mounting screws that need to be ordered in a separate kit.

I guess I missed it in the fine print or something but dammit.
View Quote
I went and got my screws from Fastenal, got a ten pack for like three bucks. Works fine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well - I guess none after some testing ... other than its snappier than the older stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Having a Glock 19 milled for an RMR and have a couple questions:
1. Rear sight in front of or behind the optic?
2. Is a sealing plate needed and is it thick enough to noticeably raise the optic up (want it as low as possible)?
3. What are the best sights to use with it milled to keep them low as low as possible in the window but still useable?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well - I guess none after some testing ... other than its snappier than the older stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really? Do you have a chronograph? Just curious. I like it for a woods load.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Red dot all the things.

All the things?

I said.

All.

the.

things.

Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Red dot all the things.

All the things?

I said.

All.

the.

things.

https://i.imgur.com/nJJAHrU.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a good mild plinking load, and now it's closer to a load to minic duty rounds.
I think they did this because if you want mild plinking 147, they want you to buy the 150 Syntec instead.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It was a good mild plinking load, and now it's closer to a load to minic duty rounds.
I think they did this because if you want mild plinking 147, they want you to buy the 150 Syntec instead.
View Quote
@kingoftheroad

go on ... never heard of this stuff.

Is it legit?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@kingoftheroad

Is it legit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@kingoftheroad

Is it legit?
LINK

It meant for USPSA ammo, but if you liked the old AE 147 FP I'd definitely try a few boxes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#17]
When they developed the new recipe for AE 147, I was luckily set for cranking out my own 9mm on a 650xl.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Got another slide getting milled .....
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Already impatiently awaiting my 26 and 19 slides. Think I'm gonna love these cuts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#20]
How are the new converts &/or fence sitters progressing?

Especially YoteSlayer, who had a Saul of Tarsus moment after reading the Sage Dynamic white paper

Attachment Attached File

@YoteSlayer69
@tc2129
@Harv24
@Birddog1911
@bjohnson425
@floater33
@nlm23
@2tired2run
@Ltlabner
@polymorpheous
@SIASL
@RC-1136
@phortykal
@Justintime2
@KTM300XCW
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#21]
With my mil retirement coming, I'm holding off until I find a job. But, I'm pretty sure that it will happen.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a carbine class end of April with PODS and I'm pretty sure a couple of the guys I know run RMR's... So I'm bringing extra Pistol ammo to run it thru one....

Still watching the EE for a good deal on a precut G19 slide....

I wish folks would stop having cuts/slots all the way thru there slides when sending these off.. don't' like them...
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Taking my P320 RX out tomorrow for the first time. Will report back!
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Especially YoteSlayer, who had a Saul of Tarsus moment after reading the Sage Dynamic white paper

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113559/saul_png-847221.JPG

@YoteSlayer69
@tc2129
@Harv24
@Birddog1911
@bjohnson425
@floater33
@nlm23
@2tired2run
@Ltlabner
@polymorpheous
@SIASL
@RC-1136
@phortykal
@Justintime2
@KTM300XCW
View Quote
@fooboy

I love it, there was a definite learning curve but that smoothed out quickly with a lot of drawing from retention and presentations. Within 800 rounds fired and a couple hundred dry fire / drawing exercises my dot is right in line with me sights 99.99% of the time. I went out with a buddy who has a pro timer and my first rounds on target are consistently 2-3 tenths faster than I am with irons. Now my only problem is my budget since I want to RMR all the things
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@fooboy

I love it, there was a definite learning curve but that smoothed out quickly with a lot of drawing from retention and presentations. Within 800 rounds fired and a couple hundred dry fire / drawing exercises my dot is right in line with me sights 99.99% of the time. I went out with a buddy who has a pro timer and my first rounds on target are consistently 2-3 tenths faster than I am with irons. Now my only problem is my budget since I want to RMR all the things
View Quote
Welcome, brother

I know. I got another slide being milled and all my pistol decisions are now made considering ".... but can I put an RMR on it?"
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Back in my day we used Irons
View Quote
And 2.7gr of Bullseye under a 147gr HBWC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
pepperidge farm remembers.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back in my day we used Irons
pepperidge farm remembers.jpg
And you forgot about laser sights.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Welcome, brother

I know. I got another slide being milled and all my pistol decisions are now made considering ".... but can I put an RMR on it?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@fooboy

Welcome, brother

I’m still looking for decent holster
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@YoteSlayer69
@tc2129
@Harv24
@Birddog1911
@bjohnson425
@floater33
@nlm23
@2tired2run
@Ltlabner
@polymorpheous
@SIASL
@RC-1136
@phortykal
@Justintime2
@KTM300XCW
View Quote
All it takes is a little practice, and I mean a little, not much at all. And I'm so much faster with the dot it's not even funny. No timers, but the difference is scary
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:.

I wish folks would stop having cuts/slots all the way thru there slides when sending these off.. don't' like them...
View Quote
On sale + 10% off with code FN5 at Brownells.

Gen 4

Gen 3
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I went and got my screws from Fastenal, got a ten pack for like three bucks. Works fine.
View Quote
This.

The pack from Trijicon was crazy expensive for what you get.

I went to the local “bolt and screw” store and they gave me what I needed free of charge.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I've started the process towards an RMR. Received my Brownells slide the other day.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

It will go on this, once I install the lower parts.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wasn't sure how i'd like a reflex sight on a handgun, so didnt want to spend RMR type $ on one until i knew how well i liked having it.  Impressed with it so far.  Holds zero and is really bright.  Really like the reticle options.  This reticle is my favorite and is quick to put on target.  Bad pic, hard to get focus right plus reticle looks smaller than it is...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184796/IMG_20181229_8308_jpg-788778.JPG
View Quote
You pushing all of your shots?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I want to find someone who will do the cut in plastic for this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Why not just use a low Rail Mount?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@YoteSlayer69
@tc2129
@Harv24
@Birddog1911
@bjohnson425
@floater33
@nlm23
@2tired2run
@Ltlabner
@polymorpheous
@SIASL
@RC-1136
@phortykal
@Justintime2
@KTM300XCW
View Quote
Still patiently awaiting my slides. RMRs, holsters etc are sitting here waiting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
@Fooboy
Especially me ....I'm definitely a special case  and as opportunities present themselves I will  take them and learn...I may be stubborn but I'm not stupid....Well not completely anyways.. Looking for a deal on a slide for my G19 and deciding on which sight to go with.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I want it low lower lowest, low enough to co-witness.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Should have my G19 and threaded barrel by next week then it's off to Maple Leaf Firearms for RMR cut with sight in front of optic, AmeriGlo tritium SHS's and front vertical slide serration cuts with a nitride stone wash finish!
ETA: So it'll likely be a few months before I'm able to shoot it...
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I have had night shoots where people were complaining that they didn't like the RDS equipped pistols they were trying, but at the end of the night the thing I pointed out that they couldn't really refute was that I could hit shit while they could not (NV involved)

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and practice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Definitely not a CCW, but damn this thing is fun to shoot! You must RMR all the things.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I love it. I did a lot of drawing and dry firing at first to get the hang of it.  Went to the range and I was definitely faster and more accurate.  I want to rmr all the things!
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I can join cool guy club?

Shooting it for the first time tomorrow

Not an RMR tho.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Red dot all the things.

All the things?

I said.

All.

the.

things.

https://i.imgur.com/nJJAHrU.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#45]
I love watching this whole thing progressing. I have absolutely no skin in this game as I'm a poor and can't afford an rmr, but it is EXACTLY like the late 90s to mid 2000s with red dots on rifles. Fucking retarded boomers claiming that everyone's shit will fail on them while guys with dots shoot fucking circles around them. Now we are to the point that a lot of, if not most dudes that kill people for a living don't even put iron sights on their rifles because they are so useless. Same thing with LPVOs on rifles. Dots on handguns and LPVOs on rifles are the fucking future and the future is now boomers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I can join cool guy club?

Shooting it for the first time tomorrow

Not an RMR tho.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/227817/20190216_021156_jpg-848217.JPG
View Quote
What optic is that?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I love watching this whole thing progressing. I have absolutely no skin in this game as I'm a poor and can't afford an rmr, but it is EXACTLY like the late 90s to mid 2000s with red dots on rifles. Fucking retarded boomers claiming that everyone's shit will fail on them while guys with dots shoot fucking circles around them. Now we are to the point that a lot of, if not most dudes that kill people for a living don't even put iron sights on their rifles because they are so useless. Same thing with LPVOs on rifles. Dots on handguns and LPVOs on rifles are the fucking future and the future is now boomers.
View Quote
Truth.

Single plane aiming is the path to nirvana.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#48]
My P320 slide arrived at Primary Machine last week.

Now I'm just waiting.....
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you're looking for an affordable entry to the handgun dot gang I highly recommend a Sig P320 RX. The Romeo1 optics had some teething issues when they first came out but the current crop are good to go. Gun and optic can be had for a reasonable price
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Just joined the club this week with a Brownells slide

Carry mode:

Fun mode:
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top