Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 4:40:32 PM EDT
I got my M1A home and I loaded up the 10rd mag, its a double stack so one round comes off the right feed lip the other off the left.

now off the left the round runs right into the "feed ramp" it will chamber the round but you can see the tip of the bullet its smashed just a little bit.

I think this will cause a jam eventually.

so did I get a bad rifle/ mag combo?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Will you just take the damn thing out and shoot it?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#2]
see the above post.

The gun and magazines need to be broken in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Will you just take the damn thing out and shoot it?
View Quote

I know I know i just hope my range didn't burn down last time I was there the fire was coming over the hill.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You need good old fashion USGI magazines.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, same here.  That is the way it is.

I've shot maybe 2k rounds through mine, no feed related malfunctions except when shooting lead bullets from the magazine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got my M1A home and I loaded up the 10rd mag, its a double stack so one round comes off the right feed lip the other off the left.

now off the left the round runs right into the "feed ramp" it will chamber the round but you can see the tip of the bullet its smashed just a little bit.

I think this will cause a jam eventually.

so did I get a bad rifle/ mag combo?
View Quote

NEVER load live rounds from an M1A/M1/AR15 in your home with the full force of stripping them out of the mag. ALL of these rifles have a free floating firing pin. There is a chance of a slam fire, albeit small, but a chance nonetheless. Only chamber live rounds at the range or anywhere you do not mind a round going off. It has happened before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top