Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/24/2003 1:39:19 PM EDT
Does anyone have as much trouble as I do shooting into strong light?

The range I use faces south and this time of year the sun doesn't get as high and get very high and my ability to get consistent sight picture gets worse than ususal.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:55:26 PM EDT
If glare is the problem, you can try some Birchwood Casey sight black. Comes in an aerosol can for about 3-4 bucks. Cleans off with a little CLP or other cleaner/gun oil.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2003 2:06:40 PM EDT by mildbill39]
Originally Posted By DPeacher: If glare is the problem, you can try some Birchwood Casey sight black. Comes in an aerosol can for about 3-4 bucks. Cleans off with a little CLP or other cleaner/gun oil.
View Quote
I do use sight black or a wick lamp and that helps cut glare from the sights themslelves, but I think the excess light does something to my eyes and the rear apperture appears smaller and fuzzy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:08:25 PM EDT
Have you tried an eye patch over your shooting eye with a pin hole in the proper spot? That would greatly reduce the amount of light to your eye.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:22:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DPeacher: Have you tried an eye patch over your shooting eye with a pin hole in the proper spot? That would greatly reduce the amount of light to your eye.
View Quote
I'll try that. Thanks
Top Top