Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/24/2003 8:04:24 AM EDT
Yup, yesterday morning while I was just trying to get ready for work, this idiot woman somehow manages to swerve WELL off of the road and smack my Exploder! This chick was weird, too. 40 years old, and totally handicapped in being a grown-up. This chick had done MAJOR drugs, I think. She had no proof of insurance, was on the way to get it at her Father's house, who lives on my street. Father paid insurance, you see. Had no idea what to do, kept weeping, Father kept rolling his eyes and apologizing for her, something I believe he has lots of practice at. Really, this was just one of those human beings you run into that makes you amazed they can wake up, clothe themselves, eat on their own, etc., etc. And yet, here they are piloting automobiles. And hitting my damned SUV. At any rate, she IS insured, so this'll all be taken care of w/out me having to rely on my USAA, thank goodness. But what a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:09:42 AM EDT
Ain't it still legal to kill people like her in Alabama ? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:13:44 AM EDT
That sucks. I had parked my cherokee on the street by a friends house and had some lady back up into it. The damage was as nearly bad as what happen to your suv, but when their insurance company called me they said my vehicle was a explorer. So it took longer till the damage could get fixed and paid for. They had to redo all the paper work or that's what they told me. The funny part is the they damage done to my cherokee was under 100 and the damage done to her minivan was over 400.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:13:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2003 8:14:31 AM EDT by Dredd308]
In a small town where I used to live we had incidents twice on my street. First one, this woman was driving down the street and side swiped a parked car. She told the officer see was praying while she was driving. The officer asked :With your eyes closed?" She said yes. [shock] Second time, A lady was so close to my fathers car that she hit the back of his car, as he was pulling INTO the driveway.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:13:59 AM EDT
OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:15:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:16:20 AM EDT
your lucky. i count: one light kit one body panel (new, prime and paint) one gas tank nozzle kit. one rear bumper. misc plastic brackets. say $3,000.00 does the hatch close? make damn sure it does and seals. if it leaks at all you will ruin your car.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:16:28 AM EDT
Is your insurance cover non-insured motorist?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:29:08 AM EDT
I feel for you. Seems like you never hear about someone being hit by a "responsible driver". Make sure you check her driving record with the police. I'm sure many other people have had the pleasure of meeting this lady before.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:40:53 AM EDT
Just that bumper and bumper deck will set the bill back $520. Thats assuming there is no damage to the supports underneath. The $3000 is about right but I think it will cost even more. Not to mention if they dont fix it right , it will never be the same.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:53:52 AM EDT
Something similar happend to my wife's explorer. Her boss backed into it in the parking lot. Not near the damage that you got. $3500 at the Ford dealer.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:12:13 AM EDT
I just got off the phone with the insurance company. An adjustor will be coming, and will assess the damage and present me with a check for the damage, as well as remuneration for a rental for the Womenz while this is under repair. I am gonna let him know that I intend to take it to Ford, so if that is more expensive, he needs to factor that in. This is a 2000 model with only 32,000 miles, in immaculate condition. Thus, I do not consider it out of bounds that I want it repaired to the condition that it was prior to the wreck, and done by the people who made the thing. I'm not getting this job done at "Fast Eddie's" with parts made in Khatmandu.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:35:26 AM EDT
Lucky you. Several months ago I came out on a bright sunny Saturday morning to find my F-250HD a few feet farther forward from where I normally park. Parts from the offending car were everywhere, and there was a trail of radiator fluid going down the street. Jump on my mountain bike, and follow the trail through town to the freeway. Ride home, get the other car, follow the radiator fluid trail to an Acura parked on the side of the freeway, presumably with a blown engine. I got photos, the license number, *everything* and called the cops. Cops wouldn't come out for a hit and run where nobody was hurt - they made me go 10 miles to the downtown station to make a report. The guy who took the report was honest and frank with me that *nothing* was going to happen since they just "have too many cases like this" to investigate. Sigh. There's about a grand worth of damage to the back of the truck and my deductable is $500. The rear light is OK and the tailgate works, truck is going to be like this probably for the rest of it's life. You are lucky the 40 year old didn't run, and luckier yet that you don't live in San Jose. -Gator
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:41:05 AM EDT
i had an incident where a guy backed his vw up into the side of my bike, it was totaled
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:49:45 AM EDT
I say $5K or more. Don't cash the check until you get the quote from Ford.
F-250HD
View Quote
You must mean SD. HD is for POS chevys.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:56:40 AM EDT
It's a '94 F-250HD. That's the classic style F-Series, '80 through '97. Least that's what I ordered, bought and have been driving for the last nine years... I know what you mean, just yankin' the chain. :) -Gator
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:06:10 PM EDT
What a shit! Speaking from experience,no matter how good a job they do the repair,it will never be the same.And thats a metallic paint color,about the hardest to match.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:11:51 PM EDT
Did you have the cops come out? Think about it, she hit a PARKED vehicle and cant buy her own auto insurance. She had probubly been drinking, or was under the influence of Rx meds. Probubly had a bunch of Valium or Xanax on board...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:20:24 PM EDT
I was bvisiting a friend a few years ago and the neighbor across the street backed out of his driveway, halfway over the curb on his side of the road, all the way across the street, over my friends lawn, over my friends driveway, railed my drivers side door, and then drove off. I called the cops and they showed up a few minutes later. The officer on scene told me "Don't worry about it, he will be back before dark. He doesn't like to drive at night because he is legally blind. This is the 11th parked car that he has hit. Just get an estimate and he will cut you a check for the damage. He does it all the time." WTF is the reason that they are letting an 85 year old blind man keep his license?!?!?!?!?!?!
Top Top