Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 4:42:48 AM EDT
I'm counting my pennies and the days until the AWB sunsets in Sept '04. What should I buy after the sunset? {I also have a pre-ban, so I guess I could get it for Christmas and not put it on my post ban until September}
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The Cadillac of collapsible stocks is the Magpul MSS and there's nothing that locks up more solid. And I'm not just saying that because we sell them either [;)]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]
TheTacticalSolution is correct, these stocks are AMAZING!

If you really want a solid stock, go with the
Magpul MSS. They are rock solid, if money is tight the RRAs are nice alternative but don't have the sling/battery compartment capabilities that the VLTOR offers but the VLTOR still has the wobble associated with the older collapsibles and the new M4 styles.

I shot HiramRanger's AR at Gunstock with the Magpul MSS and there is nothing on the market that compares... well maybe the genuine Crane stocks but I've never seen how well the stock fits on the tube.

So since you have almost an entire year to save go for the Magpul MSS!

TheTacticalSolution would also be a great place to spend your money, a great guy, and a Gunstock Sponsor to boot!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a Crane repro stock from GreenO to replace my rattly old Colt, and I'm really happy with it. The triangular cross section creates a really nice cheek weld, and the Vltor buffer tube offers five positions instead of the standard four. The stock fits very tightly on the tube and doesn't rattle a bit. It offers battery storage compartments just like the Vltor.

I'd have loved to get a Magpul stock, but the price put me off. The new Marine Corps SOCOM Detachment chose the coyote Magpul stock for their M4s.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the ZM weapons kit. You hardly ever see them.
[img]http://www.zmweapons.com/Lg_images/Preb16k.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I prefer the ZM weapons kit. You hardly ever see them.
[url]http://www.zmweapons.com/Lg_images/Preb16k.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Hyper-sweet, but WAY too expensive for what it is...

Still, it's on my wishlist under "Dream, Dream, Dream"...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Right now, if I had to mix it up with features, durability and affordability;
1.  RRA 7-position stock:  Much more sturdy than the original Colt 4-position M4 stock and you get SEVEN POSITIONS.  It doesn't have any gadgets but it's not $300 either.  The newer Colt is OK, too.  But it doesn't have the 7-pos.
2.  VLTOR:  I don't think it's as sturdy as the RRA, but it's got some cool gadgets and it's still not too expensive.
3.  MagPul MSS:  Pretty cool and I hear it's SOLID, but it's pricey.  I like the ability for a finer increment of adjustments and the opening preset.  If I has a lot of extra cash, I'd definitely pick this one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Colt and BM. As soon as I get the money I'm going to try A VLTOR set up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:18:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I like both VLTOR's and the Magpul. For the money, nothing beats a VLTOR.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a RRA 7-position on my pre-ban.  It is inexpensive and reliable.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#11]
standard 7 pos rra is it for me
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Ace Entry Stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top