Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure that isn't Wyoming?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Had an over flight today of Chinooks.  Damn are they loud.  Not sure where they were going, other than N. W.

I had my hopes up that Trump was coming for a surprise visit.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What a pile of shit . I bet the doors don’t even line up
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The South Lawn would have to be renamed the South Cinder Pit
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Commie loading to the Left
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool beans.  MAGA Choppa  
Commie loading to the Left
And which way do the commies unload??
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't the USSS say that they won't allow the President to fly on an Osprey?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Or maybe this:

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
 yeah and both those aircraft need a frickin runway if they have more than half a tank of fuel and any payload
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Your seat's in the back, Mr. President.

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They cancelled that and started over after, I hope, somebody beat the USSS and NAVAIR over the head with the final package of requirements from the last one.
View Quote
Requirements come from the resource sponsor - USSS in this case.   OPNAV N98 for aircraft and carriers, N96 for ships, N97 for submarines, etc
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#11]
where' the sling load kit for the beast
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish we could see the ass end of this pig
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Because he is flying it?  
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Where is the rocket-propelled, parachute-equipped, escape pod?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm relieved that he didn't. I remember the 60 Minutes TV show segment about the Osprey that the Marines wanted so bad and had been crashing and killing Marines. The Marine Corps command knew about the malfunctions that the Osprey had and they tried to cover it up. That segment had the Marine Officer that was being interviewed, ride on an Osprey with 60 Minutes crew to prove that the Osprey was safe. He looked kind of nervous when they filmed that flight. They never did say if Bell Helicopter ever figured out what was causing the crashes and if they ever resolved that "issue."
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm relieved that he didn't. I remember the 60 Minutes TV show segment about the Osprey that the Marines wanted so bad and had been crashing and killing Marines. The Marine Corps command knew about the malfunctions that the Osprey had and they tried to cover it up. That segment had the Marine Officer that was being interviewed, ride on an Osprey with 60 Minutes crew to prove that the Osprey was safe. He looked kind of nervous when they filmed that flight. They never did say if Bell Helicopter ever figured out what was causing the crashes and if they ever resolved that "issue."
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#19]
So what kind of inspections does our presidents aircraft go through? And who gets to turn the wrenches?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Can someone explain this statement:

"The U.S. Air Force approved the VH-92A designation on Oct. 3, 2014."  Why does the USAF get to approve a Naval Aircraft nomenclature?
View Quote
The services have used a common designation system for aircraft since 1962.  The USAF happened to get the job of managing new designation assignments.  They haven't done the best job of sticking to the standards.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bet the WH reeked of pot and Newports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice, no obama stink

but i wish it was a VTOL Osprey
Bet the WH reeked of pot and Newports.
And fur
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought I heard they were going with Ospreys.
View Quote
Don’t those crash all the time?

I say shithook or nothing
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So what kind of inspections does our presidents aircraft go through? And who gets to turn the wrenches?
View Quote
Built in Connecticut
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
HMX-1 squadron must have their own maintenance people?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't those crash all the time?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I heard they were going with Ospreys.
Don't those crash all the time?

They crash a lot less frequently than the CH-46's they replaced...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do, specially screened and selected.  Everybody in HMX-1 and the Air Force VIP squadron at Andrews gets in-depth investigations.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Arfcom on 60 minutes:

I can't believe these idiots fall for these obvious false narratives about guns, the media are so obvious with their agenda!

But also:

OMG 60 minutes really exposed the osprey and the Marines with real hard hitting and factual investigative journalism I remember it clearly
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The services have used a common designation system for aircraft since 1962.  The USAF happened to get the job of managing new designation assignments.  They haven't done the best job of sticking to the standards.
View Quote
I figured it was something like that.  Thanks for the info!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#30]
53K is probably overkill for that task.

S92 is typically a better fit.

Trump has a few S76’s in his personal fleet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#31]
that heli is flat out sexy
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That thing would tear up the lawn and destroy all the plants around it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That thing would tear up the lawn and destroy all the plants around it.
The White House is long past due for a hard surface helipad.

I do think they should have a couple of Ospreys set up for POTUS transportation. There are a lot of transportation missions where they would save a lot of time and streamline the entire mission profile. Not every day from WH to Andrews, but there are other places it would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I thought the new tender for Marine One's was withdrawn under Obama due to cost?  How does this one exist?
View Quote
That was when it was a good aircraft handicapped by requirements growth. Now it’s a shitty (but US indigenous) aircraft with far lower requirements. Winning!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That was when it was a good aircraft handicapped by requirements growth. Now it’s a shitty (but US indigenous) aircraft with far lower requirements. Winning!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought the new tender for Marine One's was withdrawn under Obama due to cost?  How does this one exist?
what's wrong with the s-92?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s a Blackhawk powertrain with a much larger and heavier fuselage. Worse margins all around and good for hauling self loading cargo to oil platforms, that’s about it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It’s a Blackhawk powertrain with a much larger and heavier fuselage. Worse margins all around and good for hauling self loading cargo to oil platforms, that’s about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, no it isn’t.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:42:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Nov. 14, 2017

CV-22 and MV-22 variants, has surpassed the 400,000 flight hour milestone.

The V-22 Osprey has been continuously deployed since entering service in 2007 with the United States Marine Corps (USMC) and the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) in 2009.

The aircraft has seen extensive action in Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom, in Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and as part of a U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force (SPMAGTF) supporting a long-range rapid reaction/crisis response force.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Careful regurgitating those army urban legends, they are often not true.  
It's the same basic design and layout as a Blackhawk but shares no parts.  
The engines produce significantly more power than common blackhawks and the rotors/drivetrain are larger and capable of using the higher power.

I'm not in the know about the ospreys in hmx1, but as I understand the president does not fly on a v22 due to risk.  A v22 is more complex and has more moving flight critical parts than a helicopter and this is reflected in statistical reliability calculations that are used for airworthiness and safety purposes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:13:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Nice looking bird!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Ospreys are junk. There are a few that are green top. They ferry press and parts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
The vh is not even close to the same type of bird as the 92.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#43]
I like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's already happened.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's already happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's already happened.
When?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's already happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's already happened.
https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/1074738388048039936

Good enough for FLOTUS apparently.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:24:17 AM EDT
[#48]
OSINT says Trump Airlines only owned that helicopter from 89-92.  Looks like that tail number is on a Cessna now and the helo is owned by Columbia Helicopters Inc.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:32:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Can someone explain this statement:

"The U.S. Air Force approved the VH-92A designation on Oct. 3, 2014."  Why does the USAF get to approve a Naval Aircraft nomenclature?
View Quote
Because it’s a true-service naming system and someone has to be the OPR.  They should give me that job, I’d be a ruthless enforcer of the simple rules in the standard.

No, you don’t get to be an H-92, H-61 is the next unassigned design number for helicopters.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#50]
so, an AW Merlin ripoff?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top