Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 9:32:52 PM EDT
The link does'nt tell much about it, but the price looks sweet.
midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00295AM042
Ok, so I can't link directly to it. Anyway go to the site, sellect ammo, then 223 Remington, then economy, then the century arms etc, etc. With 30 rounds to a box it comes to $125/1000 before shipping.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Your link only gets me to the home page. Can you give more info? At least caliber & manufacturer and we can look it up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen that before, can't remember if it's Spanish, Portuguese or central/south American. If its south of the border it's probably crap. The others are OK. The Federal at 5 cents more a 20 round box seems to be a much better deal. What's that, $2.50 more for 1,000? Check the shipping cost, sometimes that eats up the bargain.

Edited:

Ok, so my addition is crappy it's just over $22 more for 1K, still a good price.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Shipping is great from these guys and the price is usualy reasonable too. Most of the stuff I've ordered from them has been delivered in less than 24 hrs, but then again they are only about 50-60 miles away. Still don't know about this flavor of ammo though, might pick up a couple of boxes the next time I order something.
[uzi]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Getting a couple of boxes, like 4 or 5, should give you an idea if your AR likes it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Then again, it might not be that much of a bargain:

Federal Cartridge 223 (5.56) Mil Spec 55Gr XM193
20 Rounds Per Box
500 Rounds Per Case
(FEDEXM193)
$74.75 Per Case

$2.99/box (No Limit)
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Guatamala  Says it right on the packaging in the image.  Upside down in red.

I'd go with the Federal instead.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I've shot tons of the Guat stuff with no problems. I only live about 5 miles from Midsouth and pick it up pretty often. Some of it is tarnished and pretty rough looking and some is bright and shiney just like the expensive stuff. You never know until you open the box though. It all goes bang when you pull the trigger and it is full power military stuff. Great for cheap plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've shot tons of the Guat stuff with no problems. I only live about 5 miles from Midsouth and pick it up pretty often. Some of it is tarnished and pretty rough looking and some is bright and shiney just like the expensive stuff. You never know until you open the box though. It all goes bang when you pull the trigger and it is full power military stuff. Great for cheap plinking ammo.
View Quote

Yup, basically its South African in terms of bang for the buck and quality of ammo.  Wasn't there an issue about headspacing in some of the Guat ammo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top