Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife and I were talking about this on the way home today. She said it's a simple problem to solve. Don't call on him and when he starts mouthing off, interrupting and generally being an ass, Trump should tell Acosta he's rude and being unfair to his peers, and just turn around and walk out. It will only take two or three times before other reporters start shutting him up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trump's residence - his rules.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of that pertains to a private business...............their park, their rules

And has nothing to do with this issue.
Trump's residence - his rules.
No.  The tax payers own that house and Trump just lives there while he works for me.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not bad.....in that case, no one is getting scrapped or flushed out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I the father?

How hot is the baby mama?

How many bitches can I knock up and spread my seed?
Yes

Alaska 9

Ok, You want the child, but the uterus owner does not.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I the father?

How hot is the baby mama?

How many bitches can I knock up and spread my seed?
Yes

Alaska 9

They are my bitches and don't have a choice.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Flipping around the channels and CNN was whining that Trump said him and his staff will start walking out of press conferences if they don't like how people are behaving
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They are my bitches and don't have a choice.
View Quote
I am liking you more OP.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wife and I were talking about this on the way home today. She said it's a simple problem to solve. Don't call on him and when he starts mouthing off, interrupting and generally being an ass, Trump should tell Acosta he's rude and being unfair to his peers, and just turn around and walk out. It will only take two or three times before other reporters start shutting him up.
View Quote
It's not a good solution because the press is asserted rights over the executive branch.

More than that, what other rights can they claim in the future.

Also, this violates separation of powers - how does the judiciary assert that on the executive branch?

FO time yet?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So the courts are going to manage the White House press room now?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5684efb5a71699d2efaa13baba0dbb2c/tenor.gif?itemid=7715492
View Quote
Fuck division of powere amirite.

But i guess it dies say right thee in the constitution  that no man shall be deprived of live, liverty, property, or his pass to go in the presidents house and be a dick, without due process.  Comeone guys, you believe in the US. Right?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
What should happen is this should be kicked right to SCOTUS on emergency grounds and the edict sent forth there will be no more press conferences until this is settled per arguments made by the defendants.  Put pressure on SCOTUS to overturn it and call out judge Timothy Asshat in the verdict.

Get these f'n bad judges out of office pronto.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump:  And now for the final question of this press conference I call on the esteemed journalîst from CNN, JIm Acosta....thank you all for attending....walks out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's the people's house, not Trump's. Remember?
View Quote
welcome to the People's republic, comrade.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There is prior case law that goes over this. The government technically can't just wave a magic wand and say that your 1a rights are suspended w/o real cause. Trump and the WH have to show real cause as to why it should be, go through all the steps, and then make it so.
View Quote
Which is laughable as the first Amendment guarantees a free press, not blanket access.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No.  The tax payers own that house and Trump just lives there while he works for me.
View Quote
LOL, you say it like you have any control of anything.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which is laughable as the first Amendment guarantees a free press, not blanket access.
View Quote
Nevertrump doesn't care.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There are existing rules:

The code of federal regulations that now guides the White House press pass process states that "In granting or denying a request for a security clearance made in response to an application for a White House press pass, officials of the Secret Service will be guided solely by the principle of whether the applicant presents a potential source of physical danger to the President and/or the family of the President so serious as to justify his or her exclusion from White House press privileges."

The White House never claimed Acosta was a security threat.

----
The government did not play by their own rules and revoked the pass just because
View Quote
Cool. Try to get in the press room and see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Soap Party, Soap Party of One, Will Jim Acosta Please report to his soap party.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Trump should ignore it. Fuck em.

At this point I would pay good money to watch Acosta get skull fucked by DJT on the White House lawn.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Restraining orders are due process.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just give him his press pass back and tell him he can't ask questions. Is the judge then going to order trump to answer his questions?

If he yells have him arrested for disorderly conduct
View Quote
Pretty much this. I'd say "hey we changed our mind, here's your pass", then from now on simply never ever call on cnn reporters period.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Agreed, trump should just ghost anyone from CNN, if they stand and ask a question Trump should just say "Any other questions" and if the guy refuses to sit down and throws a fit secret service can remove him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just give him his press pass back and tell him he can't ask questions. Is the judge then going to order trump to answer his questions?

If he yells have him arrested for disorderly conduct
Agreed, trump should just ghost anyone from CNN, if they stand and ask a question Trump should just say "Any other questions" and if the guy refuses to sit down and throws a fit secret service can remove him.
"Judge orders President to call on CNN for questions"
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Wireless microphone should have a 12 second timer, each reporter has 12 seconds to ask their 1 question, then the mic shuts itself off.
It’s not a person shutting them off, it’s a timer.
Each reporter is treated equally, each gets equal mouth time.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Press passes are a 1st ammendment right ? Ok  the briefing room now gets 50 times bigger and we'll issue a shit ton more passes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Simple. Stop having press conferences. Have a televised statement instead. If the press wants to ask questions they can get on whitehouse.gov like the rest of us peons.
View Quote
This. You allow “interviews” with the ‘respectful’ members of the press.

Yeah, it’s a little Banana Republic-ish, but what isn’t these days?

TC
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

White House does not control the seating chart

I'm astonished that people do not know how that shit really works.  There have always been press briefings but only really started with TV back in the Clinton days.
View Quote
There have been televised pressers since Eisenhower. When were you born?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm astonished that people do not know how that shit really works.  There have always been press briefings but only really started with TV back in the Clinton days.
All depends on what the definition of is is

And while President John F. Kennedy was the first to hold a live TV press conference, the concept of a daily, live televised briefing didn't begin until the Clinton administration  -- but that ended pretty quickly.

"The briefing is more an opportunity to exchange ideas and to have a conversation about what's happening.That wasn't really happening in a way that as productively as we had hoped," reflected former Clinton Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers in an interview with C-Span.

Former Clinton writer and journalist, Seth Masket, says he remembers those early days.

"It was a little chaotic. It was a fairly new approach. Reporters didn't know how to cover it. The people who were actually providing these briefings were, for the most part, had just come off a successful presidential campaign and were trying to transition," he recalled.
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2017/august/fake-or-fact-have-white-house-press-briefings-always-been-a-daily-occurrence
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Televised presser yes but they did not start broadcasting the daily press briefings until 1995.

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/press-room/press-timelines/the-white-house-and-the-press-timeline
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's a fine line that must be looked at objectively IMHO. The 5th amendment claim of Due Process is supported by case law from 1977 for this type of issue. In that case law it specifically talks about the claim of a person whose job it is to be a correspondent who is exercising their 1st amendment right. One of the issues I see with that case law is that it doesn't go over "decorum" in an appropriate manner and kind of leaves it open to 1a case law like no threats and such. Now I am not wanting a list of things you can and cannot say but having something in there rather than leaving it as it sits would have been much better.

I think Trump handled it well but he needed to go through the proper process and case law to get to the proper end goal which should be Acosta being revoked and denied access.
View Quote
LOL  Due process?  Acosta wasn't arrested.   He was being a dick, so he was shown the door.  His rights weren't violated.
You go into any business or public place and act an ass---someone will show you the door.

His press pass should be permanently rescinded.  He has ZERO access or right to be in the White House.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Lives there" makes it his RESIDENCE and he has the same rights there that a person renting an apartment or living in governemnt housing on a military base has.  That includes throwing people out and bannign them.

Unnless it is your position that only a person holding the deed to a property may control access to it?  If that is your position, then I have a LOT of examples to the contrary.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#35]
A GIF doesn't make it so.  Is or is not the WHite House Trump's residence?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Judicial tyranny is a real thing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hate to break this to you but you're wrong. There is a process for giving out the press passes and there is a process for removing them. Trump is legally required to follow the case law that dictates how each is done. He doesn't get to violate that case law because of yours or his feelings on the subject and how much we despise Acosta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A GIF doesn't make it so.  Is or is not the WHite House Trump's residence?
I hate to break this to you but you're wrong. There is a process for giving out the press passes and there is a process for removing them. Trump is legally required to follow the case law that dictates how each is done. He doesn't get to violate that case law because of yours or his feelings on the subject and how much we despise Acosta.
Wow. Soup sandwich.

The judge is wrong.  There is no First Amendment issue here.  Pulling Acosta's pass was clearly because he was disruptive, and also over a course of time.

There is no due process required for something that is not a right. There is no right to be permitted to attend a press briefing.  Access is at the pleasure of the executive branch.  This is a clear violation of separation of powers.

"Case law" only applies to each particular case and to the extent a follow up court follows stare decisis, and further to the extent the facts and particular point of law applies to the current case.  "Case law" does not operate like a statute.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is a 5th and 1st amendment based case despite your objection to it.
View Quote
LOL.  No.

The 5th deals with personal property.  Press passes remain property of the Government, not the individual to whom they're issued.  I'll bet money it even says "Property of the US Government" right on them.

As for the 1st, words mean things.  "Congress shall make no law..."  Congress is not involved in this in any way, and Jim Acosta not having a WH pass does not abridge his freedom to spout his bullshit at all.  Nothing in the 1st says anyone in government has to assist the press in any way.  At all.  That includes speaking to them, or even acknowledging their existence.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Due process?  FFS.  This isn't a legal thing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#43]
White House prepares for Jim Acosta's return
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
White House prepares for Jim Acosta's return
https://i.redd.it/9p7reor85xy11.jpg
View Quote
Oh man now you've done it. Triggering in 3-2-1
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Lives there" makes it his RESIDENCE and he has the same rights there that a person renting an apartment or living in governemnt housing on a military base has.  That includes throwing people out and bannign them.

Unnless it is your position that only a person holding the deed to a property may control access to it?  If that is your position, then I have a LOT of examples to the contrary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump works for me.  He needs to start fetching me some cokes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Unlikely?

The fucking video SHOWS him touching her and her arm being forced down.

Fucking judges, they're a cancer on this nation.

Black robed cocksuckers, given way to much power.
View Quote
amen
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
the 'press' in the 1st Amend wasn't the media as it's known today; it's the printing press.  in other words, it's the means of disseminating information
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I see crazy Sharyl Attkinson's name is getting dropped again.

Here's the relevant DOJ OIG report on her "hacking" allegation that was found to be entirely unsubstantiated...

https://www.scribd.com/document/254125757/DOJ-OIG-Report-Sharyl-Attkisson

I'd recommend finding a better example of government overreach than her.  She's ten pounds of "crazy" stuffed into a five pound bag.
View Quote
"We investigated ourselves and found that we did nothing wrong."
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I hate to break this to you but you're wrong. There is a process for giving out the press passes and there is a process for removing them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hate to break this to you but you're wrong. There is a process for giving out the press passes and there is a process for removing them.
Wrong.  A JUDGE took it upon himself to IMPOSE a need for a formal process, where he had no right of action.  Seperation of powers.  Executive privilege.

Trump is legally required to follow the case law that dictates how each is done. He doesn't get to violate that case law because of yours or his feelings on the subject and how much we despise Acosta.
No - he isn't, at least in a situation where doing so would abrogate seperation of powers and executive privilege.  A law or judical ruling contra-wise to the Constituion is null.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:48:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah just like Federal Agencies turn over documents and such when court ordered too right?
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top