User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Again, it is not guns compared to dogs, it's how they are portrayed in the media, and by overly emotional people who seem fixated on the breed.

If this were an anti-AR15 website, we would see every story of a shooting or accident or murder involving an AR15 posted again and again.  That's how biased, fixated people who are driven by emotions behave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
High cap assault dog.
Right. I genuinely do not understand the disdain here for them. It has been compared and immediately shot down with insults but seriously...what is the difference between this and the media portraying AR's as all bad and only the military should have them? Que "can an AR bite your face off just sitting there?"... not the same. You take a very small amount of attacks in comparison to other dog attacks and the pits get all the media and attention and hatred. It is the same ignorance as the medias portrayal of gun owners imho. Getto dogs /Redneck Nazi's with AR's... ignorance in both views.
Yeah but, can an AR just jump up and bite your face off?

I thought not.
Again, it is not guns compared to dogs, it's how they are portrayed in the media, and by overly emotional people who seem fixated on the breed.

If this were an anti-AR15 website, we would see every story of a shooting or accident or murder involving an AR15 posted again and again.  That's how biased, fixated people who are driven by emotions behave.
Except Ar-15s account for a tiny minority of shootings where as pitbulls account for the vast majority of dog attacks. And the only emotion here regarding pitbulls is on the part of those here who love them. I assure you, I could ban or shoot pitbulls all day long without a hint of emotion.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Leaving any dog alone with a 5 day old is stupid.

Leaving a large dog alone with a 5 day old is worse.

Leaving a pit bull...yeah.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Right. I genuinely do not understand the disdain here for them. It has been compared and immediately shot down with insults but seriously...what is the difference between this and the media portraying AR's as all bad and only the military should have them? Que "can an AR bite your face off just sitting there?"... not the same. You take a very small amount of attacks in comparison to other dog attacks and the pits get all the media and attention and hatred. It is the same ignorance as the medias portrayal of gun owners imho. Getto dogs /Redneck Nazi's with AR's... ignorance in both views.
View Quote
You are the ignorant one. An AR does nothing until its owner puts it into motion. A Pit...they are just dumb and run on pure instinct. They and all their shit owners should be euthanized.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#5]
"A 5-day-old girl died early Sunday morning after a Dunnellon family’s pit bull got into her crib and attacked the infant..."

"A female relative told police the pit bull jumped onto the bed, which was next to the bassinet where the baby was, and started attacking the child while she was in another room, according to the report..."

Check out this GoFundme: (unrelated, but in Florida and putting newhorns and pits together)

"Positive Pitbulls founder needs help (yes, they actually wrote that)

$745 of $25,000 goal

Raised by 23 people in 62 months

https://www.gofundme.com/4gaix4
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

One of the dumbest things I’ve read. One is an inanimate object incapable of operation without a willing owner/user... the other will kill shit with or without the owner present. Get it? Seriously, do you fucking get it?
View Quote
No shit, how hard is that to understand?
Breed needs to be extinct.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, it's Pit Bull bashing thread number 5,769. Am I the only one tired of this shit?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Wheres Naamah...we need verification thru DNA...lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey, it's Pit Bull bashing thread number 5,769. Am I the only one tired of this shit?
View Quote
Nope.
No you are not.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Cognitive Dissonance Disordered Pit Bull Lovers
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Trash breed for trash people.   Shit like this won't end until animal control spools up the incinerators and the breed is eradicated.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Leaving any dog alone with a 5 day old is stupid.

Leaving a large dog alone with a 5 day old is worse.

Leaving a pit bull...yeah.
View Quote
Kind of wondering if the parents did it on purpose...
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
You can have my pit bull when you pry it from my cold dead arm.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Darwinism is more tragic when the parents' stupid decision leads to the death of their own child.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
It will stop when pitbulls stop killing people... Which will be never.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This post didn’t go the way you thought that it would, I see.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Dogos dont go around doing that kind of shit. Damn mud bloods.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wheres Naamah...we need verification thru DNA...lol
View Quote
Baghdad Bob was an amateur by comparison.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You can have my pit bull when you pry it from my cold dead arm.
View Quote
Your dog might help you with that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4615928/amp/Ten-year-old-girl-arm-severed-pit-bull-Detroit.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right. Guns are inanimate, lifeless, soulless objects and dogs are living, breathing, sentient beings with a will of their own. That's...the whole point. They're not the same and therefore should not be compared.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
High cap assault dog.
Why do people continue to try and draw comparisons between pit bulls and guns?

ONE IS A FUCKING INANIMATE OBJECT.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Holy crap! No Namaah yet?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
High cap assault dog.

Buh, buh, buh, but they're not! The rhetoric is what's identical!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You can have my pit bull when you pry it from my cold dead arm. my cold dead arm from it.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
High cap assault dog.
A gun is not an animal.

You realize dogs bred for a purpose of killing people and dogs tend to kill people and dogs? Ever owned a cattle dog? they are bred to herd, they will try to herd stuff without any training, it is an ingrained trait. Ever owned a hound? they will hunt and tree stuff even if you never train them to hunt. Ever owned a water dog? They will seek water and go swimming.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pit bull owners should be charged with the maulings and homicides their "pets" commit.

Yeah, I know, slippery slope and all, but I'm ok with it.
View Quote
It's not even a slippery slope.

If you want to go buy some backyard bred and likely abused garbage can example of a physically powerful breed that was purposely designed for killing and maiming other animals because it's "bad azz", then you get to deal with the consequences. Your dog gets out and mauls someone to death? Manslaughter at a minimum. You can even make some new name to call the charges if nothing currently exists, like when it fucks the neighbor child up to the point they need 10 plastic surgeries you can call it "willful responsibility for maiming by property" and make it a felony and still allow them to be held responsible financially.

If you actually charge owners criminally with charges and sentences in line with the severity of injury and suffering by the victim, and hold them financially responsible (although this is probably like getting blood from a stone out of most pit owners), I'm sure you will see the desire to own pit bulls diminish. The risk will outweigh the cool factor.

ETA just noticed we have the "muh media rhetoric" argument going again already, nice, didn't even take two pages
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
And still be fewer occurrences compared to pitbulls attacks/deaths
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's not even a slippery slope.

If you want to go buy some backyard bred and likely abused garbage can example of a physically powerful breed that was purposely designed for killing and maiming other animals because it's "bad azz", then you get to deal with the consequences. Your dog gets out and mauls someone to death? Manslaughter at a minimum. You can even make some new name to call the charges if nothing currently exists, like when it fucks the neighbor child up to the point they need 10 plastic surgeries you can call it "willful responsibility for maiming by property" and make it a felony and still allow them to be held responsible financially.

If you actually charge owners criminally with charges and sentences in line with the severity of injury and suffering by the victim, and hold them financially responsible (although this is probably like getting blood from a stone out of most pit owners), I'm sure you will see the desire to own pit bulls diminish. The risk will outweigh the cool factor.

ETA just noticed we have the "muh media rhetoric" argument going again already, nice, didn't even take two pages
View Quote
Normally the "rhetoric" dismissal is a page 1 argument anymore. But the new hotness is claiming that *both* there's no such thing as a pitbull and that the dog in question cannot be a pitbull because it's too big.

I especially love the 2nd part of that argument for how juvenile it is. To illustrate how stupid it is, imagine someone with a healthy number of purebred pitbulls. They selectively breed only the biggest pitbull specimens until, after many generations, they finally arrive at a 120lb pitbull. According to some, that's nolonger a pitbull even though its bloodline is exclusively pitbull. Take those pitbull-xl's and breed them back down to 40 pound dogs and they're magically pitbulls again. Also, by this same logic, there's no such thing as a fat pitbull. If you overfeed it and it becomes even 1 pound too heavy for it's breed specific weight then it's nolonger a pitbull. It's just something else.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Pitbulls are extremely loyal and will do whatever they think you want them to do, including be a shitbag.  If you don't like them, don't get one.  If someone else's property hurts you, they should be held responsible.  If someone else's property scares you, you're no different than a gun grabbing pussy.

It's dangerous to leave any dog unattended around a small child.

Freedom is scary yo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pitbulls are extremely loyal and will do whatever they think you want them to do, including be a shitbag.  If you don't like them, don't get one.  If someone else's property hurts you, they should be held responsible.  If someone else's property scares you, you're no different than a gun grabbing pussy.

Freedom is scary yo.
View Quote

I’ll buy you a beer any day
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Freedom is scary yo.
View Quote
GTFO.
If someone else's property can bite my children's face off while they are riding bicycles in our neighborhood, I see the threat for what it is.  Gun grabbing doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Golden?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Some of them are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So someone left a dog and a 5 day old baby alone in a room unattended?

Wow
Pit bull owners are not the smartest people on the planet.
Some of them are.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#35]
What do you want to see happen? I would suggest mandatory neutering/ spaying of pit bull dogs or pit mixes. They don't need to breed any more. There are a hundred in the local shelter. Those dogs shouldn't be suffering either due to assholes that raised them to be assholes or abused or neglected them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I adopted a pitbull mix this past winter. He seemed like a very nice dog, and got along well with my female rottweiler for 3 months. After having him for 3 months he decided he wanted to kill my rottweiler and tried to repeatedly.
View Quote
Maybe the rottweiler was dis-re-speckin him...
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Right. Guns are inanimate, lifeless, soulless objects and dogs are living, breathing, sentient beings with a will of their own. That's...the whole point. They're not the same and therefore should not be compared.
View Quote
/thread

I just wish PB owners/lovers would just admit it is a dangerous breed that requires serious effort to be safe(er).  But even then, it is an animal with a brain and can make "dog decisions" on its own and if it does it may go very badly for someone.  And if it does "go bad" PBs are a very powerful, dangerous breed.

Stop with the "My doggo has never done anything and never will..."

I have the silliest and happiest golden retriever ever.  But I wouldn't leave her alone with any child under say...8?  10?

And I wouldn't promise she'd never do anything, because I don't know that for a certainty.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The facts and statistics are not on the side of the bedwetters on this site who feel the need to post these threads all the time. Emergency personnel have neither the time nor the inclination to test a dog. They'll just guess. Studies have already shown that visual identification of dog breed is wrong a significant majority of the time, and a halfass local media report saying a dog is a pitbull should be expected to be inaccurate.

Breed-specific legislation is not and has never been effective at reducing dog attacks. The breeds themselves were not bred to have aggression towards people, though they may be trained to do so now. Those who shit their pants at the mention of a pitbull should be more wary of actual guard dogs, like Akitas and German Shepherds.

I'm not going to change minds since i know facts are disregarded on this site, especially as it pertains to dogs.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#40]
People that stupid should not have kids.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Its not that ALL pitbull owners are trash.  It's just that all trashy dog owners own a pitbull
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
High cap assault dog.

I thought not.

Yeah, that's it. Anti pit people are driven by emotions.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Except Ar-15s account for a tiny minority of shootings where as pitbulls account for the vast majority of dog attacks. And the only emotion here regarding pitbulls is on the part of those here who love them. I assure you, I could ban or shoot pitbulls all day long without a hint of emotion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
High cap assault dog.

I thought not.

Yes, but who cares?

What is the point of relentlessly posting about every news story involving a pitbull attack?  (aside from the outstanding memes)

It is OBVIOUSLY an obsession.

I can assure you, that far more people die from drunk driving every week, and yet for some reason no one feels compelled to obsessively post about it.

Far more people die from being shot every week, and yet no one posts relentlessly about THAT.  Liberal websites DO obsessively post about shooting deaths (as long as the shooter is white).  And of course that selective outrage is based upon an agenda and a bias.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what?

There are far more deaths from handguns and drunk driving than pit bulls.

Where are all the threads about it?

And at least those who are outraged about drunk driving have the moral courage to recommend legislative and regulatory solutions.

All we see in these pit bull threads are people who are venting their emotions or playing internet tough-guys ("I shoot pit bulls on sight!" lol)
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
GTFO.
If someone else's property can bite my children's face off while they are riding bicycles in our neighborhood, I see the threat for what it is.  Gun grabbing doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom is scary yo.
GTFO.
So you see it as a threat.  Good for you.

Who cares?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Normally the "rhetoric" dismissal is a page 1 argument anymore. But the new hotness is claiming that *both* there's no such thing as a pitbull and that the dog in question cannot be a pitbull because it's too big.

I especially love the 2nd part of that argument for how juvenile it is. To illustrate how stupid it is, imagine someone with a healthy number of purebred pitbulls. They selectively breed only the biggest pitbull specimens until, after many generations, they finally arrive at a 120lb pitbull. According to some, that's nolonger a pitbull even though its bloodline is exclusively pitbull. Take those pitbull-xl's and breed them back down to 40 pound dogs and they're magically pitbulls again. Also, by this same logic, there's no such thing as a fat pitbull. If you overfeed it and it becomes even 1 pound too heavy for it's breed specific weight then it's nolonger a pitbull. It's just something else.
View Quote
Yep. We have a purebred Welsh Corgi. Typically listed on the internet as 23-32 lbs about... Ours is 40-43. Not fat at all. Came from show dog breeders with lineage papers so he's certainly not mixed. Weight argument is bs
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Leaving a newborn around any dog is a stupid idea.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Normally the "rhetoric" dismissal is a page 1 argument anymore.
View Quote
I'll make this simple for you.

PEOPLE who are fanatically anti-gun use the SAME, overly emotional, hysterical RHETORIC as people who are fanatically anti-pitbull.

Those PEOPLE are similar in HOW they BEHAVE.

Can you diagram those sentences and tell me what/who is being compared?

a) guns & dogs

b) the behavior of anti-gun PEOPLE & the behavior of anti-pitbull PEOPLE

c) the RHETORIC used by anti-gun PEOPLE and the RHETORIC used by anti-pitbull PEOPLE

d) b & c
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think the argument against that is that if you breed exclusively for any one single trait, what you end up with usually doesn't possess the rest of the breed's desired traits.

It's why GSD breeders tend to consider White Shepherds a unique breed, and not GSDs. They look like GSDs (aside from color) but since they were almost exclusively bred for color and not all of the other qualities of the GSD (the things tested by SchH/IPO), they no longer fit the breed standard from a temperment/nerves/disposition/instinct standard, in general. The Czech line GSDs on the other hand are all dark (sables and blacks) but that is more of a favorable but unintentional consequence. The dogs bred in that program were selected for their excellence in the breed standard traits, but it just so happens that a lot of dark dogs met these criteria and were bred.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Holy crap! No Namaah yet?
View Quote
Dog ate her.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top