Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 9:09:27 AM EDT
Over ten thousand Gerogians protested for the removal of their president and now he's gone by by. I wish we still had that kind of freedom here in the "land of the free and the home of the brave." but we all know that if we'd try something like tht the "goon squad" would be at the sceen in a matter of miniutes to beat us all down for speaking out and expressing our opinions.  On another note, Ted Kennedy is an ASSHOLE. Talk to ya'll later.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Shevarnadze stepping down is just one small component of this current strife in Georgia. The reall twist will come when the replacement is installed, and whether he will have a mandate from the people based on his approach to governing the country, or if they just prefer him because he's not Shevarnadze. These are restless types, these Caucasians, and the opportunity for a bloody civil was still exists. I haven't seen whether Ivanov has returned to Moscow yet. I would presume that Shevarnadze will be offered asylum in Russia, but the Georgians may try to make him stand trial for fraud or some more serious charge.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Freedom to have political chaos?

How old are you, TNFrank?  You seem awfully disaffected.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Recent elections were not too kosher, according to foreign observers and even US.  He resigns to prevent bloodshed for the moment.  Who can really know, it's a bit of the wild west there and in other republics.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
To answer your question raven, I'm 42 years old and believe that people should have the right to change things in their government, including the people in the government , if their not happy with it. If the government won't listen to it's people it deserves to be overthrown.  And,  by the by, Ted Kennedy is STILL an ASSHOLE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top