Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/22/2003 7:09:51 PM EDT
Ok, so I'm out & about, and decide to swing by the place where I bought my blazer, just to say hello to Charlie (an HONEST used car salesman, believe it or not). I pull up to a red light, behind a few other vehicles, with a couple of Spartanburg county's finest right behind me. Once the light turns green and everybody ahead of me moves on, I head into the intersection and check for anybody coming straight through from the opposite direction, and then make my turn. Well, it was late afternoon and I had been driving into the sun, so I failed to notice that while I was checking to make sure all was clear, the damned light had changed. So I hear the patrol car tap his siren, and look to see a car pulling over, but the patrol car just passes him, so I know it's me he's after. I pulled over, and after putting the window down, shut off the truck, and kept my hands glued to the wheel. I even pulled my shades down on my nose so he could look me in the eyes. Here's the conversation that occured:

Deputy: "Hello, sir; how are you?"

Me: "Oh, not too bad; how're you?"

Deputy: "Pretty good. The reason I pulled you over is because you ran a red light back there."

Me(truly surprised): "I did? Sh*t...I can't believe I did that." (and in response to the deputy's look) "No, no...if you say I did, then I did; it's just that I hate stupid drivers."

Deputy: "Well, sir, may I see your license?"

Me (handing over license): "Sure, here ya go."
Deputy: "Is this your vehicle?"

Me: "Sure is, and paid for, too."

And after he runs my license & tag numbers:

Deputy (handing me back my license): "Sir, what I need you to do...is just be more careful, from now on, OK?"

Me (once again, truly surprised): "Huh? Uh...no problem. I dunno what the ll I was thinkin' back there, man; it's just been that kinda day."

Deputy: "I know the feeling."

Me: "well, you fellas have a good'n."

I only spoke to one, because the other kept to the passenger side rear of my truck, hand on his still-holstered-but ready weapon. (smart move, if ya ask me)

Oh, well...just thought I'd pass along a short story involving cops that ended on a good note. truth be told, though, EVERY encounter I've had with the police has been about like this one.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:20:07 PM EDT
Chris Rock: "If you get pulled over, be polite. Stay in your car and put your hands on the wheel."

Gangster-type guy: "What the f#@% you want, M@#%ERFU@%ER?"

Chris: "Unless you want your ass kicked."
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:33:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:
Chris Rock: "If you get pulled over, be polite. Stay in your car and put your hands on the wheel."

LOL

"Good day officer, is there a problem"
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:38:00 PM EDT
what stupid assholes...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:51:33 PM EDT
You SHOULD have got out of the car, not followed the officers directions, torn off your shirt, sagged your pants, and ran through the neighbors yard like a crazy man yelling, "What I do?!?!" or "I was scared suh!"
The guys on COPS always seem to be doing that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:06:22 PM EDT
Must have been a glitch while you were posting. The part about the high-speed chase through 13 counties and across 2 state lines didn't make it. Please repost.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:06:26 PM EDT
It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you it's a conspiracy!
This a a classic tactic (I read it somewhere), that the government will use just before total control over the population is implemented.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:12:22 PM EDT
Well, at least they went home safe.

<­BR>
No really, you did what you were supposed to do and so did they.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:32:15 PM EDT
dont fail the attitude test, or your gauranteed a ticket and maybe a frisking.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:33:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SkyShark:
what stupid assholes...

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:39:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SkyShark:
what stupid assholes...

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:02:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SNorman:

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:

HE GOT WEED HE GOT WEED
Don't ever ride with a mad woman. She will say anything to watch you get your ass kicked.

"Good day officer, is there a problem"

Top Top