Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/21/2003 2:14:04 PM EDT
I checked the price of a MilSpec 1911, not the WWII, at the local gun shops. Two had Mil-spec WWII's for $399. One had the Standard MilSpec for $499. That seemed a little high so I checked with Nationwide in town to see what they could get order one for. The owner quoted me $459 on the phone. I go in to order it and another guys calls in to check the price and can't seem to figure out the model # and what's going on. The owner gets off the phone comes over to help. He calls the distributor (I have no idea who he uses.) and it's obvious that the price is a little higher than he thought but he says ship it anyway. His words, "I've already given the customer a price. Add it to my order." This was on Tuesday. I call in Thursday and it didn't get shipped with his regular order so they shipped it Wed and it arrived today. The owner thanked me profusely for doing business with him and letting them get the gun for me.

I've done one special order with them on some C&R stuff and one trade at a gunshow. In other words, a frequent visitor but not a frequent purchaser.

The guy honored his price when he could have moaned about the markup and I imagine he wound up paying more for shipping this gun solo instead of with a larger order.

I thought I'd post an "Attaboy!" for gun store owners since we see so much negative re:gun store owners. Yep, they're still some gougers out there (visited on of those yesterday) but there are still good dealers around.

All around good experience.
jd1
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:34:55 PM EDT
Good report
Nationwide, name noted.
If im not mistaken, they do business on gunbroker.
Top Top