Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 7:48:47 PM EDT
I know this is a gun board but I just can't help it.

This is about the only pro sports I get into. Got into it back in the early eighties when I was in the 8th grade. In SF. So needless to say, I am a big 49ers fan. Will continue to be. Although looking forward to the season, I don't have very hi hope for my boys. Garcia doesn't have the experience yet. Hell the back ups aren't looking any better. The Niners are great at cultivating quarterback, so our rut won't last long. Our front line needs to start working together, Owens and Stokes are really beginning to shine and have a great future I think. Running game should alleviate the pressure on the passing though, since we seem to have problems with pass protection. I am predicting we win at least half our games this year. Looks to be a nice schedule for us.

Any other fans out there? What be your team?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Tennessee Titans.  I have been an Oilers fan since 1976, and I just couldn't give up on them when they moved to Tennessee.  I can't wait for football season.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Chiefs are my team!

All they need is a solid QB and we should have a pretty good season.  In a couple of years look for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank god the niners dynasty is over.  Damn the last fifteen years of football has sucked.  With my brother and all his niners crap and with the Raiders always looking good but never getting the job done.  I can always hope Big Al will pass on one of these years so the Raiders can get great again.

See, you got me all riled up and it's not even August yet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
COWBOYS. Who cares whether they win or lose.thats my pick
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Being a lifelong Dallas Cowboy fan, the last few years haven't exactly been anything to write home about. This year, with Tony Banks running the offense, doesn't give the appearance of being much better.  My biggest hope this year is to maybe get the chance to see Emmett Smith break one of the greatest records in pro football history, Walter Peyton's career rushing record.  At least this year I'll finally get to see Bob Hayes inducted into the Cowboy's "Ring of Honor" for the impact he had on the passing game as we know it now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is about the only pro sports I get into.
View Quote

Why not hockey or baseball?  I can see not liking baseball but HOCKEY?  It so fast and violent.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I like watching hockey live. Doesn't float my boat when its on the tube though. Baseball just bore me so much. So much time between something exciting, and the announcers and their stats. Its so boring that sometimes they start talking about kids a family of players and who's on the freaking stands. That and I can't play baseball personally. Basketball just has too many games. Womens tennis I can watch. All those grunting and groaning from those women just makes it....ummm.... interesting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]
You should sit in the bleachers at a Cardinals game sometime.  I got to yell obscenities at John Rocker in person!  That boy has a mouth on him.  He must have been in the Navy! LOL!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Go Houston Texans.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.buccaneers.com/cheerleaders/images/swim_26.jpg[/img]

Tampa Bay Bucs Chearleaders!

[img]http://www.buccaneers.com/images/dunn_12_31_01.jpg[/img]

The Little Big Man!  Go Warrick! Go Warrick!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad being a Texan, I've been a Cowboys fan all my life. I grew up near Baltimore, so of course the Colts were also my team, unless they were playing the Boys. Guess who I like now (in addition to the Boys of course). All I can say is Banks is a pretty good QB, if he has protection. Dilfer showed he has it too, once he was on a team that he could work with.

My prediction for the 2001 season????

Ravens all the way!!! They still have their defense intact, added a better QB, tightened up the right side of the offensive line, and have some kick ass guys coming off the DL. I think they are on their way to being a dynasty class team. One thing is for sure, they have a hell of a lot of fan support (even when they sucked), and despite the lack of respect the got from the media last year, you have to admit they have a killer defense!
I particularly liked Tony Saragusa's(sp?) comment after he was fined for crushing Oakland's QB:  "I don't see what he's crying about, I lay on top of my wife all the time and she seems to enjoy it."
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm also a niners fan...forever and ever
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/Px/O0/By/JR55278.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Gus, you took the words out of my mouth.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#15]
[img]www.redskins.com/images/titlebar.gif[/img]

[img]www.redskins.com/images/groupshot.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Well since everyone has been posting pics of teams cheerleaders, I guess my team can't be left out

[img]http://a1304.g.akamaitech.net/7/1304/995/c2e4879a34332d/cbs.sportsline.com/u/football/sf49ers/cheer/group.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:00:40 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dolphins/dolphins_images/dolphins.gif[/img]

Been a Fins fan since I was a kid...and I am jonesing for some NFL football!
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am jonesing for some NFL football!
View Quote

Me too man. I use to drive up to Stockton CA during training season to get my fill before the reg season.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Been a Cowboys fan for 20 years.

You want to make the football season that much more enjoyable????? Join a fantasy football league. I have been in one for the last 3 years. It kicks ass and with the football package from direct TV I see every single game each week.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#21]
O.K. get ready to rag me!!! I am and will always be a diehard Bengals fan!! It's a tough thing to admit to when you've lost as many games as we have in the ninties and now in the new millinium, but guess what I ALWAYS stick to my guns no matter what!!! So good or bad I'm not a bandwagon boy and I'll root for my bengals till the day I die or whenever they just fold from the embarressment!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Lordtrader...

Just to clear up something that came up on this board a while back...Are you the Webmaster, or the CEO of a place called:

www.manmeat.com

????

Link Posted: 5/11/2001 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lordtrader...

Just to clear up something that came up on this board a while back...Are you the Webmaster, or the CEO of a place called:

www.manmeat.com

????

View Quote

[:D] LOL no not me on either accounts. (you are joking right?)
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lordtrader...

www.manmeat.com

????

View Quote

[:D] LOL no not me on either accounts. (you are joking right?)
View Quote

Yes, I am joking...Just wanted to see if you were awake this morning....[:D]

Link Posted: 5/11/2001 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tennessee Titans.  I have been an Oilers fan since 1976, and I just couldn't give up on them when they moved to Tennessee.  I can't wait for football season.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly - what about the new Houston Texans
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I say to hell with all professional sports.  A bunch of overpaid thugs who would be gang bangers for the most part if not for pro sports.  Also, the vast majority are anti-gun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#27]
What do mean anti-guns....most of these guys get busted for guns [;D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Anti-gun???

Why, the greates center ever, Dermotti Dawson, is a proud M16 owner and avid hunter.  I know he doesn't rep. the league, but it's a cool fact.

BTW, GO STEELERS!!!  (can't get much worse than last season, anyway.)
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Ya so, most of our wives are anti gun but we still sleep with them don't we???  It is just a part of life.  lighten up
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Once they left the state of Texas the Titans are adversaries.  I like to see them get beat!!

Go Cowboys
Go Houston Texans

Link Posted: 5/11/2001 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly - what about the new Houston Texans
View Quote

I'm looking forward to seeing the Texans play.  I'll be a Texans fan, but more of a "fair-weather" fan, at least for awhile.  

Go Titans!  

Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm a Cleveland fan so I don't have anything to talk about at this time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm a Cleveland fan so I don't have anything to talk about at this time.
View Quote

Let's hear about the Ravens.....[:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Saints! Cha-ching. who dat?
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#35]
When art model took the Browns out of town I thought I was going to die.But then I discovered that there are more interesting things to do on a sunday afternoon,like fishing or shooting.The NFL is so much hype.Hey ,how about those Indians!
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When art model took the Browns out of town I thought I was going to die.But then I discovered that there are more interesting things to do on a sunday afternoon,like fishing or shooting.The NFL is so much hype.Hey ,how about those Indians!
View Quote

Hey at least Model let you guys keep your colors and team name. When Irsay left Baltimore, he took it all with him. I was lucky since I was a Cowboys fan first and foremost. It still pissed me off in a big way though.
I was one happy camper the first time the Ravens beat the Colts. The anger Cleveland fans feel will go away with time, and if they ever beat the Ravens ([:D] jus kidding) you will feel vindicated. The Browns will be back, you can bet on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top