Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2003 9:43:37 PM EDT
Hey guys,

John Ross mentions a gun shoot (can't remember the name) where they set up a Kennedy assination reenactment, pulling a car at the same speed, etc. And I believe he says there is a substantial prize for anybody that can repeat the accuracy of the shots and the speed...but that it has not been done.

Does this event exist for real at one of the shoots and, if so, has the feat/prize been realized by anybody yet?

Thanks for any help - Anarki
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Sorry,

Don't have your answer.

To piggyback a topic:  
What was deleted from the first edition in subsequent printings?

Thanks, and look forward to an answer for both questions.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What was deleted from the first edition in subsequent printings?

The name of the dirtbag that sued Ross?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I remember that Ayoob mentioned that in one of his American Handgunner articles on the JFK assissination (he believes that Oswald did it alone and makes a pretty good case).  I believe it is run by Richard Davis of Second Chance bullet resistent vest fame.  

Ayoob stated that 2 people had been able to collect the prize.  Both were right handed shooters shooting the bolt action rifle left handed, therefore allowing them to leave their left hand on the trigger while cycling the bolt with the right hand - which is the same way that Oswald shot when he was in the Marines or observed at a local range.  The Warren report assumed that since Oswald was right handed, therefore everyone thereafter has used this as proof that Oswald couldn't have made all the shots due to firing, cycling the bolt and firing again 2 more times, all with the right hand.

Merlin
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, this was done one year at the "Knob Creek" automatic weapons shoot-out.

Again IIRC, no-one was able to accomplish/duplicate Oswalds shooting on that particular occasion.

And no this is NOT and "annual" thing to my knowledge, of course like most, I could be mistaken.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top