Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a full-length hardtop Troopy version.
View Quote
Then save some $$ by buying the real deal, not some cheerleader Jeep.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1649961331923685/permalink/2232099587043187/?sale_post_id=2232099587043187
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I could see these being very popular in the homosexual community
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics got leaked on FCA's site.

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It’ll be “hot” for about 1 year, then sales will drop off the map. Just like the CJ-8, explorer sport trax, Avealanche, Brat/Baja and every other make/model that’s tried that formula.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It’ll be “hot” for about 1 year, then sales will drop off the map. Just like the CJ-8, explorer sport trax, Avealanche, Brat/Baja and every other make/model that’s tried that formula.
View Quote
If they made a CJ8 equivalent today I think it would sell fine. I was under the impression the Avalanche sold well. The sport trac was probably just a bit before it’s time as tiny beds are all the rage now. The Baja never made sense to me.

I would be willing to bet it sells well for more than a year.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter what the sticker price is. If its anything like every other Jeep the dealers with thew on $800 in "dealer options" then raise the price by $10K or more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chrysler said closer to 45k. They admitted it wouldn't be cheap.
Doesn't matter what the sticker price is. If its anything like every other Jeep the dealers with thew on $800 in "dealer options" then raise the price by $10K or more.
CA dealers maybe. Volume dealers in flyover country regularly sell jeeps at 10% below sticker.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

CA dealers maybe. Volume dealers in flyover country regularly sell jeeps at 10% below sticker.
View Quote
Bought a JL 3 weeks ago.

I got 1k off sticker for some FCA driveabilty incentive.

And gave me 10k trade for a 2004 TJ with 140k miles on it.

And threw in Dodge Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.

Also put in writing that I could perform my own maintenance but had to keep a log and receipts.

Lovin it so far.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]
There's a rolling list/map on the JL Forums of dealers who sell for 5-8% under invoice.

$100 donation to tread lightly gets you a guaranteed 1% under invoice.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe someday Jeep will do something cool and bring back the FC150.  My dad had a pair of these when I was a kid.

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe someday Jeep will do something cool and bring back the FC150.  My dad had a pair of these when I was a kid.

https://i.imgur.com/Q32qW2y.jpg
View Quote
They built a giant fc concept a few years back, it was badass and had huge 40” tires on it with portal axles
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They built a giant fc concept a few years back, it was badass and had huge 40” tires on it with portal axles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the only vehicle that would bring me into a dealership.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#13]
$$$$$$.   GARBAGE $$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#14]
It's going to be in an odd segment for its price. Highest towing and payload in its class but priced above s tacoma trd pro and zr2.   It will be truck outmatched by the 1/2 tons. V6 with manual is nice. Hope a hemi is in the works.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was badass for sure. Think I heard the FC’s have problems with modern crash testing which is why they’re mostly found in medium and heavy duty trucks. Never looked it up but was told that years ago and it seemed plausible enough.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the gray one. Looks good. I'll check them out at the dealer when they have been out for a year and the novelty has worn off.

2020 will supposedly have the diesel. That's what i am interested in. This thing needs a 392 v8 option too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like the gray one. Looks good. I'll check them out at the dealer when they have been out for a year and the novelty has worn off.

2020 will supposedly have the diesel. That's what i am interested in. This thing needs a 392 v8 option too.
View Quote
It will have the diesel.

Let's just hope they eventually drop in an m6 with it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks good. I dig it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks good. I dig it.
View Quote
Same, but out of my poor asses price range!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Welp...

Jeep just built the most capable off road pickup to date.

I want one.

It would be damn cool to do a flat bed conversion on, and bob the back at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:38:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Now let's see what the base model MSRP is.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
It's very cool. I'll give it that.

But there's no way the economics are going to work out relative to a half ton.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
What do you mean? I would think a good chunk of these guys have zero interest in a half ton pickup.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Why does it have so many doors?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah perfect for my needs too.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
You wanna be a Lt. Dan cosplayer? Cause that's how you end up a Lt. Dan Cosplayer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bwaaaahahahaha. "subaverage resale"?????

There has never been a more absurd statement made on ARFCOM.

Wranglers really have no equal on resale value. Get a great deal and time it correctly, it is actually possible to sell a used Wrangler for more than you paid.
View Quote
We bought a 2004 electric green Rubicon with 45000 miles on it for $16000....we drove it for 4 years and sold it for $15000. We did nothing but change the oil, rotate and balance tires, and replaced a radiator....and YES...it went off road to haul my ass to the beach surf fishing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What do you mean? I would think a good chunk of these guys have zero interest in a half ton pickup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A good chunk? Sure. Those are the people who want to buy a cool thing because it’s cool regardless of cost or practicality.

But for the people looking for a means to an end, this pickup isn’t going to make sense compared to the half ton offerings.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It will have the diesel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will have the diesel.

diesel version will be north of 60k, im thinking close to 65 or more.

go over to jlwranglerforums.com and peruse the complaints about the steering, the welds, multiple electric system issues, and the ball joints coming loose on the trail and a front wheel literally detaching from the vehicle. then theres the 48 volt battery for the mild hybrid that sits underneath the vehicle and has more tubes and lines for cooling and heating than the space shuttle.

i was (still am) very interested in buying one. and i want a rubicon. but the cost is pretty high and there have been a lot of problems, the most persistent being steering. apparently they went to a aluminum steering box and the box either expands or contracts when it gets hot so its either really loose or locks up at 65 mph and you cant turn the wheel....

im hoping they resolve these issues but its been almost a year and the hits just keep comin..
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We bought a 2004 electric green Rubicon with 45000 miles on it for $16000....we drove it for 4 years and sold it for $15000. We did nothing but change the oil, rotate and balance tires, and replaced a radiator....and YES...it went off road to haul my ass to the beach surf fishing.
View Quote
I bought one in March for 6k and, as stated above, got 10k for trade in 3 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I want a full-length hardtop Troopy version.
View Quote
Me too.
I want greater towing capacity over what my 2016 JKU has, but the short, uncovered bed isn't practical for me.

Aw hell,  I can't resist showing off my convertible top, Jeep truck

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
@tonyrumore

They had this concept out last year.  Its a forward control package for the wrangler chassis.

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Me too.
I want greater towing capacity over what my 2016 JKU has, but the short, uncovered bed isn't practical for me.

Aw hell,  I can't resist showing off my convertible top, Jeep truck

https://i.imgur.com/4SSirNb.jpg?3
View Quote
Sick!
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice but I'd rather take that money and build a 79 Bronco with a Powerstoke and six speed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I could see these being very popular in the homosexual community
View Quote
Yes. Dykes and douchebag/homosexual males will love this concept.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You wanna be a Lt. Dan cosplayer? Cause that's how you end up a Lt. Dan Cosplayer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: What's wrong with your lip?

Bubba: I was born with big gums, sir.

Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Well, you better tuck that in. Gonna get that caught on a tripwire.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
... donate $100 to Tread Lightly and you're guaranteed 1% under invoice on 2 FCA vehicle purchases (affiliate pricing). ...
View Quote
Wait... this is really a thing?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A good chunk? Sure. Those are the people who want to buy a cool thing because it’s cool regardless of cost or practicality.

But for the people looking for a means to an end, this pickup isn’t going to make sense compared to the half ton offerings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree I just don't think that that any of them are looking for one. I really doubt people who really need a truck will even consider these or were looking at them to begin with. This is for the hardcore jeep fans that want something different or need a bed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

diesel version will be north of 60k, im thinking close to 65 or more.

go over to jlwranglerforums.com and peruse the complaints about the steering, the welds, multiple electric system issues, and the ball joints coming loose on the trail and a front wheel literally detaching from the vehicle. then theres the 48 volt battery for the mild hybrid that sits underneath the vehicle and has more tubes and lines for cooling and heating than the space shuttle.

i was (still am) very interested in buying one. and i want a rubicon. but the cost is pretty high and there have been a lot of problems, the most persistent being steering. apparently they went to a aluminum steering box and the box either expands or contracts when it gets hot so its either really loose or locks up at 65 mph and you cant turn the wheel....

im hoping they resolve these issues but its been almost a year and the hits just keep comin..
View Quote
Don't need no stinking forum

I'm a supplier for this bitch
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#41]
What will you put in that tiny bed your groceries?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its literally the same size as a Tacoma or ZR2 bed so...ask those guys. They seem to do fine.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wait... this is really a thing?
View Quote
https://www.treadlightly.org/old/join/fcusa-affiliates-reward-program/
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 1:07:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I agree I just don't think that that any of them are looking for one. I really doubt people who really need a truck will even consider these or were looking at them to begin with. This is for the hardcore jeep fans that want something different or need a bed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'people who really need a truck'    Are you familiar with modern day truck sales? About 2.2 million pick up trucks have sold so far this year in the US as of Oct. Most sold are crew cabs too and not regular cab 8 foot bed work trucks, if they are even being made anymore. They are a status symbol now. SUVs are also major sellers. Wrangler is a 1/4 million a year alone. You know how many option loaded crew cab trucks I saw this year so far during hunting season with hitch carriers? Tailgates on those trucks were probably never opened.. except at the dealership to show the self lowering/closing feature.

I wish this was the NuKizer 715 concept truck (modern Gladiator/J series).. but I am thinking yuppies will love this, especially if they WANT something that looks like a Wrangler, but can actually tow something.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
'people who really need a truck'    Are you familiar with modern day truck sales? About 2.2 million pick up trucks have sold so far this year in the US as of Oct. Most sold are crew cabs too and not regular cab 8 foot bed work trucks, if they are even being made anymore. They are a status symbol now. SUVs are also major sellers. Wrangler is a 1/4 million a year alone. You know how many option loaded crew cab trucks I saw this year so far during hunting season with hitch carriers? Tailgates on those trucks were probably never opened.. except at the dealership to show the self lowering/closing feature.

I wish this was the NuKizer 715 concept truck (modern Gladiator/J series).. but I am thinking yuppies will love this, especially if they WANT something that looks like a Wrangler, but can actually tow something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you talking to? You pretty much made my point I think. The people looking for actual trucks to work and do stuff weren't looking at these in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:14:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks to be pretty long, but I’ll wait until I see specs before writing it off. Their test models were longer than a f150, and that simply wont do for a midsized off-road biased truck. I would hope (and was told) they improved on that a bit, so we’ll see. They will still sell either way, I think. Jeep has some very strong loyalty.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:16:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
To be seen at a mall near you.
View Quote
That was savage, bruh.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fing so true. Fing so true. Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be seen at a mall near you.
Fing so true. Fing so true. Lol.
If all the Jeeps you see are at malls, then obviously you spend more time at malls than you do in the boonies.  What the fuck is a hetero male doing at  a mall, anyways? Get out of the fucking city once in a while.

Is the Jeep truck going to have a removeable top and V8? If not, it will be a flop.  Most people won't leave tried and true pickups with V8 or turbo 6 power for a NA 6. If it has a V8 option, I would definitely consider one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:22:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/11/1862/1048/pickup1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The Jeep Scrambler Forum used leaked info and photos of camouflaged prototypes to render what the truck will likely look like. (Jeep Scrambler Forum)

Link
View Quote

I'd rather get the Jeep MOAB, 5-door hardtop. But, it's kind of pricey. I don't even do any off-road stuff. Might go to the mall or something once in a while.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Camping gear, dogs, dead dear, firewood, spare parts for Froadin'....

You live in the city or something?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top