Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2003 11:55:34 PM EDT
I'm walking to class today and I see all the "coming out banners" all over campus.
The GLBA gay, lezy, bi club, which is university funded has events that my tuition pays for.  My school is one of the most conservative in the nation and it is a small group of people making all the rucus.  Anyway someone ripped down all the banners and there is a huge uproar in the paper and on campus.
OK say I went to the university and wanted to start a straight only club, think that would fly? I don't. Another thing that pisses me off is that we have all black fraternities.  There has never been one white person admitted to their frat. Now we are getting shit for being racist for not letting in blacks. WTF

One more rant.
I guestimate only 5% of the faculty is Republican.  The rest are raging liberals.  These people are so esentric they could only get a jub at a university.  We are required to take evoulution/antherpology which goes against my beliefs.  If you stand up for whay you believe you fail!!.

Just some things that are really pissing me off right now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you are a college student at a fairly typical university.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like you are a college student at a fairly typical university.

I wore a shirt that said "Nuke Berkely" last semester and the prof singled me out in a clas with over 500 people.  I know that's why I got a D.  I have a new one I'm wearing now that says "I neutered the cat, Now he's a liberal"
I get bad looks from most profs, but the students love it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not try and start them and don't forget the Pepole for Pro Guns,

Don't just go to school be a pain in thier ars. Fight for what you belive in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]
They started a studen run paper that wasn't raging liberal and the faculty said they couldn't use university funds for it.  it had to be student funded.  I gave 1k last year and people loved.  Now is faded out.  Seems like most GOP's just put up with this liberal bullshit.

I got into it today with my ECON prof and shut him up real fast.  I have a degree in Econ could teach the class.  He was talking about subsidys and losing auto jobs to Japan.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm walking to class today and I see all the "coming out banners" all over campus.
The GLBA gay, lezy, bi club, which is university funded has events that my tuition pays for.  My school is one of the most conservative in the nation and it is a small group of people making all the rucus.  Anyway someone ripped down all the banners and there is a huge uproar in the paper and on campus.
OK say I went to the university and wanted to start a straight only club, think that would fly? I don't. Another thing that pisses me off is that we have all black fraternities.  There has never been one white person admitted to their frat. Now we are getting shit for being racist for not letting in blacks. WTF
One more rant.
I guestimate only 5% of the faculty is Republican.  The rest are raging liberals.  These people are so esentric they could only get a jub at a university.  We are required to take evoulution/antherpology which goes against my beliefs.  If you stand up for whay you believe you fail!!.
Just some things that are really pissing me off right now.

If your school is "one of the most conservative in the nation" then how is it that the faculty is only 5% Republican?
Also, if this is such a horrible place, why are you there?

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't get me wrong it is a great school.  I think it has one of the highest GOP faculty % in the nation.  The average is 3% GOP, and they are raging liberal, but they just like the GOP's economic policyys.
I just wish students would stand up for what they believe instead of taking it in the ass.
Most freshmen come to college not knowing much about politics and get brainwashed!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
You may want to rethink your whole perspective
on higher education.
If you are uncomfortable learning about things you don't believe in, you will live a shallow
life, indeed.

Knowledge is power.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You may want to rethink your whole perspective
on higher education.
If you are uncomfortable learning about things you don't believe in, you will live a shallow
life, indeed.

Knowledge is power.

Hey I'm all about different opinions and heated arguments.  I just wish these liberals would have valid reasons for what they believe.  I hear BUSH SUX or something negative towards Bush about twice a day.  I ask why and all I get is that he is a lier etc.  He might be, but give specific facts vs general character judgements  Students here their prof say this so they start to think the same.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Londo has a point.

Being in school is an opportunity to see other views.  I DO understand the difference between SHARING your viewpoints and SHOVING THEM DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS.  The latter is what most liberals tend to do.

As for the gay/les/bi thing that irks me.  People can live whatever lifestyle they choose I just don't like the idea of some sort of "special dispensation" because you're a (fill in the blank).

If you tried to have some sort of "celebration" of heterosexuality or simply a "celebration of the male" you'd be censored out of existence.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Londo has a point.

Being in school is an opportunity to see other views.  I DO understand the difference between SHARING your viewpoints and SHOVING THEM DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS.  The latter is what most liberals tend to do.

As for the gay/les/bi thing that irks me.  People can live whatever lifestyle they choose I just don't like the idea of some sort of "special dispensation" because you're a (fill in the blank).

If you tried to have some sort of "celebration" of heterosexuality or simply a "celebration of the male" you'd be censored out of existence.

What about the black student assoc., the indian assoc, etc. Where is the white student assoc to help me find a job. I know this is way deeper that just that, but I 'd like to see someone try to pull that with out JJackson screaming racist.

I'm on a rant, my capstone class my final project I have two very nice blacks in my group.  I made a 29 on my ACT and didn't get a grant or anything.  They made a 21 and a 23 and are on basically a full ride. Just pisses me off I have to work my ass off to get through college and they get a free ride.  Also my little sister didn't get in to OU with her 23 ACT score and al lthe blacks get in with their 19's, just F/uped  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#11]
i had toyed around with making an on campus club, I never got around to it though... for pure shock value, and to prove a point that perceived white racism is pocket change compared to the true racism that would be dealt by others onto the club... though i bet that even if i proved my point, people still wouldnt get it.

there are about 25 clubs on my campus for the different ethinicities... and a few of them are the force it down your throat kind.  Including people who got irate if you didnt say their name in "their" languages accent, even tho they spoke a bastardized version of it themselves.

I wanted to make C.S.A, caucasian student association.

it woulda been fun, i enjoy a good arguement.  But I guarantee, one day I would have never made it to my car.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We are required to take evoulution/antherpology which goes against my beliefs.  If you stand up for whay you believe you fail!!.

How can you ever learn about Economics if you don't study your Evolution?

How can you ever learn about Physics if you don't study your Evolution?

A bunch of secular nonsense. For many evolution is not about a scientific search for answers but mearly a way to abolish religion. Here's your evolution class: See the monkeys, see the people, that's it, shut up.

I'm an Atheist but I hate the way evolution has become nothing more then a tool for secularists to further their cause and is simply a means to try and discredit the beliefs of others. I'd rather see the 10 Commandments then what some of these clowns are trying to do to our country.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Let me guess.  You are going to OU.  I got my first degree there and I got into many fights with professors and lost some A's because I was Conservative.  I got my 2nd degree at OSU.  A world of difference.  Actually fairly balanced.
I'm now working on my MBA at the University of Central Oklahoma and believe it or not only 2 of my professors have been liberal.  Business law and managment.  In fact three of my others are outspoken Republicans.  We have our fair share of weirdos here but overall it is damn nice.  For one thing there are American Flags everywhere and they like cops for the most part.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
.  We are required to take evoulution/antherpology which goes against my beliefs.  

What exactly is it about the study of other cultures (anthropology) that offends your political or religious  beliefs?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.  We are required to take evoulution/antherpology which goes against my beliefs.  

What exactly is it about the study of other cultures (anthropology) that offends your political or religious  beliefs?

A mind is like a parachute, it has to be open to work.

Of course, he could still take the courses. but during the class he can stick his fingers in his ears and whisper neener, neener, neener to himself the entire time the prof is speaking.  That way no ideas can get into his head to cahllenge his long, dearly held beliefs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey Beta, I was an OSU D-Chi.

When the polesmokers did there thing when I was there, the next day was the straights night out.

All the sidewalks were chalked with things like:

Smoke a bowl, not a pole.

Need help coming out of the closet, with a drawing of a noose.

Many other very coloful expressions too.

They (glbsa) probably shouldn't have chalked up the sidewalks in front of the Fraternity houses.

Keep at it, and professors or not, never let a lib get by with a lie, or unsupported b.s.

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Well put TX

OSU students have a slightly different world view on the whole PC diversity thing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Evidently grammar, spelling, and a general grasp of the English language are no longer requirements to get into college.....
Pitty.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder how many of those homos can spell words like rucus, esentric, jub, evoulution, antherpology, or whay?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top