Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/19/2003 8:44:27 PM EDT
I just got a digicam and want to join in the show-and-tell bit...I put some trial pics up on Hunt101, but their limit is 250K per pic...this one came in at 247, but the others came in a few MB higher and wouldn't upload...is there a way I can crop them to make 'em smaller, or must I lower the image quality on the camera? Thanks in advance!

here's my new toy!

This M-1 has been bebuilt and refinished; it is in PERFECT condition...thanks George! I had to get one of these after seeing "Band of Brothers"...I will never part with it! There are (or WERE) millions of these I know, but I am very fond of this beast of iron and wood...it was made in March 1943, and will live forever, hurrah!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:47:35 PM EDT
The best way to reduce the file size is to lower the resolution. The lower the resolution, the smaller the picture will appear on the screen.

SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:09:41 PM EDT
along with changing the resolution to something manageable like 640x480, you can reduce the quality, which is the same as increasing the compression.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2003 10:16:30 PM EDT by Synister1]
There are a number of image compressors resizers and cleaners out there.

Google

Spinwave's Cruncher is an easy to use one. at the link it also has a online free one.

Out of a 250k file 50-75k is junk data that can be cleaned out.

I personally use thumbs plus to reprocess images which i have to do with all pics taken since my digital cam on max quality and size makes 2.8 meg files.

Top Top