Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 8:19:10 AM EDT
I bought the whole first season of 24 on DVD. I wanted to watch it all in 24 hours. (to those of you who don't know it is a show that works in real time and there are 24 1 hr shows so 1 season = 1 day) I knew it would be hard. Later in the night like 6 am I thought it was gonna be easy as I was still wide awake. I had no idea how hard it would be. I got hyped up on caffine for my first time (It takes a lot to even affect me) and that was after 12 hours of watching 24 and that was not fun. Then, I don't know if I was getting sick (I did feel a little sick) or because I had been awake for about 30 hours but I got a little delirius towards the end. I am just glad that nightmare is over. you can't know what it was like unless you also do it. I usually sleep late and such and 40 or so hours of no sleep screwed me up pretty bad.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:21:50 AM EDT
At least you went through with it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:28:16 AM EDT
y?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:28:32 AM EDT
forgot to mention that I never left my room. had food and stuff in a cooler in my room. So many times I asked myself, "WHY? WHY AM I DOING THIS?" I figured since I had gotten so far I'd just finish and ask questions later.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:30:00 AM EDT
Your single, right?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:40:03 AM EDT
I'm a single male 15 year old.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:43:08 AM EDT
Well, me and the GF did pretty much the same thing, but not in one day, it was over a weekend,
I had seen them but she hadn't (she had class that night when it was on)
so yeah we felt like total losers, but still it was a crazy marathon.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:13:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CATscan:
I'm a single male 15 year old.

I'm so, so sorry. Being 15 sucks. Why don't you spend that time exercising, camping, hiking, or doing some other outside activity? Your time will be soooo much better spent.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:22:06 AM EDT
During Christmas break in High School, we had a contest as to who could stay awake the longest. It started Newyears eve morning. We all woke up about 6:00, partied all day and night, and day and night...I finally zonked out after close to 50 hours I was the second last man awake. My friend Ryan said as soon as I was asleep, he crashed shortly after.
Stupid? Yes
Why? Because it was stupid.
Do it again? Yeah, right. I lasted 3 months on close to 12 hours of sleep after my son was born. I don't need to do it voluntarily again...until our second child is born.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:17:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CATscan:
I'm a single male 15 year old

15 years old was one the the best years of my life. Enjoy ..................
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:32:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2003 11:33:31 AM EDT by FanoftheBlackRifle]
30 hours? pssht.
Oh, wait, you said 40 hours...well, thats still not all that hard.

Wait until you get to college and you have term papers due and finals all in a week. Thats even worse because your brain has to work the whole friggin time.

The trick there is clear out the week afterwords so you can sleep 18 hours a day all week to recover.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:35:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2003 11:38:00 AM EDT by _twist]

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:
30 hours? pssht.
Oh, wait, you said 40 hours...well, thats still not all that hard.

Wait until you get to college and you have term papers due and finals all in a week. Thats even worse because your brain has to work the whole friggin time.

The trick there is clear out the week afterwords so you can sleep 18 hours a day all week to recover.

overdosing on melatonin works wonders on cram sleeping, i've been informed. it wakes you up four hours later, completely refreshed, with no loss of knowledge crammed.

it's actually pretty sick that cramming has been shown to be the most time effective way to do well on tests. what's the point of schooling if you don't remember what you learned?

edited to add: hell, i can't remember much of college anyway, let alone the courses i took
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:51:43 AM EDT
david blaine ain't got nothing on you
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:24:07 PM EDT
15, eh? Watching a 24 marathon isn't the worst thing you can do. I spent a large part of my 15th year doing martial arts, masturbating and looking for work. Not all at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:18:18 AM EDT
Don't get me wrong, I am an athletic person so this was a challenge. I love to camp, hike, shoot (I camped hyked, and shot at bulletfest IV) I like to ride my bike, do martial arts (Orange belt level) and in the summer I will try to get a job at a local buisness. So i'm not the couch potato type. And it was more like 41 hours. Woke up at 9:00 am, started at 12:00 am, ended at 12:00 am, coulden't fall asleep until 2:00 am. I will spend the next few days sleeping in (home school helps) and playing DDR2 with my friend (it is a game in which there is a pad you stand on and it has four arrows and a song plays and you have to step on the correct arrows as they scroll up the screen.) Very challenging, very arobic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:50:23 AM EDT
This one time, at band camp.....
Top Top