Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/19/2003 4:49:55 AM EDT
Anyone else listening?? It's not bad...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:04:12 AM EDT
As a matter of fact...It is excellent.

I have read some extract of it. It compares the rebuilding of Iraq with the rebuilding of Europe after World War II.....Specially Germany after getting rid of a dictator. Look what become of Germany now under a Democracy government.

And the inaction of other European Nations to get rid of Hitler which led to World War II.

I hope the Europeans would see the light. It's the younger generation of Europeans who are been misled.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:05:39 AM EDT
Verry verry good, I was late to work 'cause i could not turn it off.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:10:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR_Rifle:Specially Germany after getting rid of a dictator. Look what become of Germany now under a Democracy government.

yeah, look what happened to germany ... maybe we should just nuke iraq and leave, and if they rebuild enough to be a threat, nuke them again
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:14:10 AM EDT
Excellent speech, God bless the man from Texas. It's good to have a president that's got a pair and knows how to use em', oh, wait, Klinton had a pair too only he used em' on Monica, LOL.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:17:36 AM EDT
Dubya's the man!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:18:54 AM EDT
I can't find the text of the speech on google, prolly not posted yet???

If anyone finds it, post a link will ya?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:42:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:55:21 AM EDT
Some highlights:

It was pointed out to me that the last noted American to visit London stayed in a glass box dangling over the Thames.

(LAUGHTER)

A few might have been happy to provide similar arrangements for me.

(LAUGHTER)

I thank Her Majesty, the queen, for interceding.

(LAUGHTER)

We're honored to be staying at her house.

Americans traveling to England always observe more similarities to our country than differences. I've been here only a short time, but I've noticed the tradition of free speech exercised with enthusiasm...

(LAUGHTER)

... is alive and well here in London.

We have that at home too. They now have that right in Baghdad as well.

(APPLAUSE)

THAT'S throwing it back in their faces! YES!

It's rightly said that Americans are a religious people.

AP is reporting that the ACLU is filing suit....

At times Americans are even said to have a puritan streak. And where might that have come from?

(LAUGHTER)

We believe in private markets humanized by compassionate government.

Well, he's better than the alternative, I suppose...

President Wilson had come to Europe with his 14 points for peace. Many complimenting him on this vision yet some were dubious.

Take, for example, the prime minister of France. He complained that God himself had only 10 commandments.

(LAUGHTER)

Sounds familiar.

(LAUGHTER)

At Wilson's high point of idealism, however, Europe was one short generation from Munich and Auschwitz and the Blitz.

Looking back, we see the reasons why. The League of Nations, lacking both credibility and will, collapsed at the first challenge of the dictators.

On September the 11th, 2001, the terrorists left their mark of murder on my country and took the lives of 67 British citizens. With the passing of months and years, it is the natural human desire to resume a quiet life and to put that day behind us as if waking from a dark dream. The hope that danger has passed is comforting, is understanding and it is false.

The attacks that followed in Bali, Jakarta, Casablanca, Bombay, Mombasa, Najaf, Jerusalem, Riyadh, Baghdad and Istanbul were not dreams. They're part of a global campaign by terrorist networks to intimidate and demoralize all who oppose them.

These terrorists target the innocent and they kill by the thousands. And they would, if they gain the weapons they seek, kill by the millions and not be finished.

The greatest threat of our age is nuclear, chemical or biological weapons in the hands of terrorists and the dictators who aid them.

The evil is in plain sight. The danger only increases with denial. Great responsibilities fall once again to the great democracies. We will face these threats with open eyes and we will defeat them.

I'll stop. May as well post the whole thing. DAMN good speach, W!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:05:32 AM EDT
Right on! Everytime you think he might have the deck stacked against..he comes up with a homerun.

Man...thats our President. Great job W!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:06:56 AM EDT
Top Top