Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2003 6:44:14 PM EDT
So, Oswald's bullet strikes Kennedy in the back of the head...the brains, gore, etc. then get sucked out throught the exit wound...the brains and whatnot act as a REACTION MASS, thus pushing his head backwards...seemingly contradictary, but makes sence to me...whaddya think?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No, that would not work. Any energy transferred by the bullet would move that which it contacted in the same direction. If any brain absorbed that energy and exited the other side, it would only TAKE AWAY from some of the energy transferred to the rest of his head, but this would never dissipate 100% of that energy and there would still be some force on the rest his head in the direction of the bullet’s movement.

“Sucked out” and “blown out” cause different reactions.

Think of it this way: if you shoot an Aluminum can filled with water, even though some water will fly out the back, the momentum of the bullet will still always knock the can AWAY from the shooter; same concept here.

As far as explaining the video: I don’t know, maybe it was a reflex action or something.

(Note: It takes a lot to gross me out.)
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The majority of the energy carried by that bullet went with it as it left the skull. Much of the energy transferred to the matter in the head left through the exit wound. The head went back due to this after a very brief thrust forward.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Where can I view the Zupruder film online?  Seems that the gore blown from the wound would give a good indication of the direction of bullet path.  My logic?  Well, seems that every groundhog I've whacked with the 22-25 seems to get "blown" along the direction of travel of the bullet and I've shot some fat little fuckers too!  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember, the round used is relatively low velocity.  I have shot at many aluminum cans full of water and have seen enough weird behavior that the Zapruder film can be justified as evidence of the single bullet theory.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No, that would not work. Any energy transferred by the bullet would move that which it contacted in the same direction. If any brain absorbed that energy and exited the other side, it would only TAKE AWAY from some of the energy transferred to the rest of his head, but this would never dissipate 100% of that energy and there would still be some force on the rest his head in the direction of the bullet’s movement.

Think of it this way: if you shoot an Aluminum can filled with water, even though some water will fly out the back, the momentum of the bullet will still always knock the can AWAY from the shooter; same concept here.

As far as explaining the video: I don’t know, maybe it was a reflex action or something.

The relfex theory always made sense to me.  I'm not a Physician, but I would think that the muscles in the back of the neck would contract violently when the upper central nervous system disintegrates.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the size of the wound in the back/top of his head, and the stuff blown backwards?  Seems like a lot of stuff for it to be an entry wound.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have seen exactly the same reaction to a can of baked beans struck with a .223

The can ends up forward of the point of impact.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The relfex theory always made sense to me.  I'm not a Physician, but I would think that the muscles in the back of the neck would contract violently when the upper central nervous system disintegrates.

Reflex impulses come from the spinal cord. A tendon when stretched sends signal back to neuron in the spinal cord which in turn sends a siganl back to the muscle causes a contractile response. Tough to say concerning this as how do you experiement. You cannot shoot someone in the back of the head to find out!

Now, as to the aluminum can example you cannot compare the two since the head is obviously attached to the body. This changes everything. Further JFK was in a back brace that further stabilized him. This, in fact, contributed to his demise. However, this can be tested by experiment. Use a cadaver in similar position and shoot in the back of the head at similar angle. FWIW, I believe that this was done! Someone else will have to look for the evidence this AM as I am going to bed soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top