Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It has a old MAC [maybe an SE]with a smiling face in the middle of the screen.Its about the size of an icon.It also has a little4 animated disk in the corner that turning.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, at least you have the happy mac showing. Unplug all your cables except heyboard/mouse and power then try and boot off a CD either 9 or X
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been several years since I used a MAC at work.  The first ones were a disaster, I don't know if it was the IT folks but shortly after Hypercard was introduced and they would get into infinite hyperlinks of some kind and have to be restarted by reformatting and reloading.

Finally we had about 75% pcs and 25% MACS and frankly the practical differences for everybody but the graphics folks were all in favor of the PCs.  Got into some last minute proposal production and swapping disks for various portions of the proposal.  The pcs could take discs from anybody and read them and vice versa.  The problem would come up when the MACS decided they had th wrong disk or couldn't close or open a file, or insert the yyy disk.  Damnit the yyy disk is in there and that kind of crap. Ding, disk ejects and "Insert xxx disk"  push the xxx disk back in, ding xxx disk comes out.  GAAAGHHH

Internal networkds and file sharing has come a long way, but WORD Excel, Powerpoint, etc etc etc are almost identical.  Learning a PC is no more dificult than a MAC.  

If you are having problems with your PC than you need to figure it out.  The MAC users may be right, but that's only because they don't have the programs to feed in.

I've been lucky though, I don't have problems with any of my PCs at home, except for the 10 year old ones that came with 95 and I've got 98se on.  They just don't have the oomph  anymore.  That and the kids keep loading huge programs on them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top