Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 7:53:25 AM EDT
www.csmonitor.com/2003/1118/p01s03-uspo.html

First paragraph:

The race for the Democratic presidential nomination is far from over. There are two long months to go before the first votes are cast in the first nominating contest, the Iowa caucuses. A sizable portion of the Democratic electorate has never heard of many of the candidates.

What the fuck?!?

These asswipes have been plastered all over the tube, papers and Internet for MONTHS.

Everywhere you turn you see one or more of them.  You have to be COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD NOT TO KNOW MOST OF THESE PEOPLE BY NOW and they are saying that a lot of Democrat voters don't know who's running?

And these people VOTE and decide how this country is to be run?

Good God.  As the saying goes, you get the government you deserve.  No wonder this nation is so totally and completely screwed up.

Oh, the upshot of the article is that they think Dean is going to win the nomination and the Democrat leaders are afraid that GWB is going to eat his lunch.

Funny shit.  The PEOPLE apparently like a candidate but since he’s the WRONG one the party bosses are having a fit.

Yeah, I really believe they believe in Government of, for and by The People.  Sure, and monkeys will now begin to exit my butt to meet the pigs flying by my window.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I would make a comment here about "A sizable portion of the Democratic electorate". But it would be a violation of my personal COC.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The Clintonistas don't like Dean because he isn't beholding to them.

It will be interesting, will Dean be the next Carter, or the next McGovern?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
violate your wah? coc?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Read the title: " Can the Democrats be this screwed up?".

Without even opening the thread, I knew the answer.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]
These people are programmed to throw the lever next to wherever they see a "(D)".

Blind fools...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would make a comment here about "A sizable portion of the Democratic electorate". But it would be a violation of my personal COC.

I understand what you're saying, but perhaps you shouldn't have used the acronym in this case.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I am sure plenty of people niether know nor care who the candidates are at this point.  My sister will open her sample ballot about a week before the election and then decide who to vote for.  Many people are totally turned off by politics, even though it can have a significant impact on their lives.  I bet whenever the political news comes on she switches the channel, because it is just too boring or too confusing to deal with.  

For some people, following politics is like watching a soccer match or fishing on TV.  They just can't really get into it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Good Grief! Can the Democrats be this screwed up?

In a word --- YES.

They are a not a very bright crowd, by and large.  This is the same party that, here in South Florida, have members that cannot punch a 'chad" all the way though and confused the name Buchanan with Gore (God, Bless them).  The same party keeping an incompetant supervisor of elections in office simply because she is black.

I mean come on, this is the party that still believes the Lewinsky affair was all about sex.

Ignorant Democrats cost them the last presidential election and let's hope it continues.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Most Democrats don't know who the candidates are?

Most Democrats don't know who their daddy is.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
violate your wah? coc?

CoC=Code of Conduct

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Most Democrats don't know who their daddy is.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
violate your wah? coc?

For all you budding perv's:

Code
Of
Conduct
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it just a symptom of my entry into crabbed middle age, or is there good reason to contemplate a return to property/income/literacy qualifications for voting?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"A sizable portion of the Democratic electorate".

Do not read a paper nor watch television news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top