Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2003 12:30:07 AM EDT
Does anyone have one of these, or has anyone slept on one? I need your input, I'am considering one since I have back problems and a good nights sleep is VERY rare for me.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I recently bought one.  I was hesitant at first, but they really are fantastic.

I used to be a "firm" mattress guy, but this has radically altered my worldview.

Don't hesitate, go for it!

Geoff
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
There was a mattress discussion here a few weeks ago.  I think it was Heilo who raved about the Memory foam (Tempurpedic) type mattresses.  I still have a waterbed that I've slept on for the past 20 years and like it but my wife is ready for a change.  I think I'm going to buy a polyurethane foam base from Albany Foam Supply (5 or 6")  Then top it off with a memory foam pad of 3 or 4"; That is the basic "formula" for Tempurpedic but much less expensive. There seems to be good deals on memory foam on Ebay.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get a chiropractor to write a prescription for special bedding and save yourself a few bucks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah we're looking into one now but their kinda pricey...but you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand this whole "memory foam" concept.

I had to get rid of my old mattress because it apparently 'remembered' where my 250lb ass had been each night.  

I want a mattress that forgets that I've ever been there!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
We bought the temperpedic king about a year ago.
I too liked the firm bed, heck I could sleep on a board. But my wife needed a softer matress. It took a while for me to get used to it, (and I had no choice since she loved it,) mainly because of me the memory. I would roll over, and there would be a big hole where I was. It fills in, but not as fast as you move. The colder it is, the longer it takes to shape.
Now (or a few weeks ago during the summer) I hardly noticed the depressions from where I had been. I am used to it now, but can't say I have gotten any more sleep out of it, but again the wife is very happy. Doesn't wake up with the hip and back pain from our old bed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top