Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 12:30:07 AM EDT
Does anyone have one of these, or has anyone slept on one? I need your input, I'am considering one since I have back problems and a good nights sleep is VERY rare for me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:53:04 AM EDT
My wife and I recently bought one. I was hesitant at first, but they really are fantastic.

I used to be a "firm" mattress guy, but this has radically altered my worldview.

Don't hesitate, go for it!

Geoff
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:14:26 AM EDT
There was a mattress discussion here a few weeks ago. I think it was Heilo who raved about the Memory foam (Tempurpedic) type mattresses. I still have a waterbed that I've slept on for the past 20 years and like it but my wife is ready for a change. I think I'm going to buy a polyurethane foam base from Albany Foam Supply (5 or 6") Then top it off with a memory foam pad of 3 or 4"; That is the basic "formula" for Tempurpedic but much less expensive. There seems to be good deals on memory foam on Ebay.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:26:17 AM EDT
You can get a chiropractor to write a prescription for special bedding and save yourself a few bucks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:49:32 AM EDT
Yeah we're looking into one now but their kinda pricey...but you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:32:01 AM EDT
I don't understand this whole "memory foam" concept.

I had to get rid of my old mattress because it apparently 'remembered' where my 250lb ass had been each night.

I want a mattress that forgets that I've ever been there!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:24:09 PM EDT
We bought the temperpedic king about a year ago.
I too liked the firm bed, heck I could sleep on a board. But my wife needed a softer matress. It took a while for me to get used to it, (and I had no choice since she loved it,) mainly because of me the memory. I would roll over, and there would be a big hole where I was. It fills in, but not as fast as you move. The colder it is, the longer it takes to shape.
Now (or a few weeks ago during the summer) I hardly noticed the depressions from where I had been. I am used to it now, but can't say I have gotten any more sleep out of it, but again the wife is very happy. Doesn't wake up with the hip and back pain from our old bed.
Top Top