Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 7:15:25 PM EDT
No where I can get a listing of countries that allow its citizens to buy/use firearms without a bunch of BS? I understand there would be some checks for selling & buying but still the legal use and ownership is allowed.

Allowing of Shotguns doesn’t count/ Most countries allow that. Im talking semi-auto rifles and pistols.

TIA!

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No where I can get a listing of countries that allow its citizens to buy/use firearms without a bunch of BS? I understand there would be some checks for selling & buying but still the legal use and ownership is allowed.

Allowing of Shotguns doesn’t count/ Most countries allow that. Im talking semi-auto rifles and pistols.

TIA!

You leaving?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You leaving?

Dont you wish...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
1. US
2. Canada (believe it or not)
3. Norway (you can get class 3 there with little problem)
4. Sweden (like Norway IIRC)
5. Switzerland
6. Finland (big anti-gun bias but people still have mil style weapons)
7. Austria

From all that I know that's how I would rank 'em.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, Texas hasn't been listed yet?  Better give it another hour.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1. US
2. Canada (believe it or not)
3. Norway (you can get class 3 there with little problem)
4. Sweden (like Norway IIRC)
5. Switzerland
6. Finland (big anti-gun bias but people still have mil style weapons)
7. Austria Forget it. The Austrian Border Police sold all their M1 carbines abroad because Austrian citizens cannot have military style weapons.

From all that I know that's how I would rank 'em.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Canada will even allow non citizens to buy rifles and pistol providing you go thru the licensing process. I dont think you will beable to bring them home tho. One cool thing is that you can by Norinco M-14 type rifle brand new. They are pretty good from what I have heard. Also you buy a Sig Sporting rifle (looks alot like a sig 550) But you stuck with 5 round mag.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:13:48 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want to know more about firearms in other countries

www.saarms.it/English/reportage/Italy_firearms.htm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top