Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 6:16:38 PM EDT
Ok...this is a shameless plug for my son's heavy metal rock band. I don't listen to the stuff...but I guess he and his pals are pretty good.

The band is named "Gone Missing". They play shows in the greater Washington DC area. They just finished cutting their first CD and hope to get a break soon.

Anyway...here is their site: www.gonemissingband.com/

And...here is the Washington Post site where you can listen to the band. mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/gone_missing.shtml

How about it? What do you metal fans think? I can't make heads or tails of that music...but I guess its all in the listening.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:38:17 PM EDT
um, hopefully they will get laid from being in a band, but... those vocals should be buried in the mix. or just buried.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:45:23 PM EDT
i like all kinds of music. i have played drums for 30 years and there's only 2 kinds of music in my estimation - good music and bad music.

i listened and in short, i would pay to hear them live. their sound is pretty current - no suprises. it had a good heavy grind to it. if i had better speakers it would sound cleaner!

if you can find some Disciple in the store, turn them onto it. these guys are hardline christians and rock heavy - a very distnctive sound. i also like godsmack, stain and some of the other heavier bands. they sort of fit into that scene. tell them good going and stay at it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:31:08 PM EDT
i've heard disciple before. not too bad.
i think they're called DiscipleAD now.
if you're into the religous stuff zao is pretty good too. i never really got into those bands but heard a couple songs that were pretty cool.
my friend sang for a band called MartyrAD in mnpls. heavy like hatebreed but a little more metal.
Top Top