Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I was humping the flight line at Clark Air Base, Phillipines with my M2 Carbine on my shoulder.  The base siren went off and we were put on full alert for several hours.  I was working the 10:00PM to 6:00 AM shift and didn't get off duty until around Noon or so.  It was a sad day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where were you?

I was split between mom's ovary and dad's nutsack.

What were you doing?

I was a free spirit running through the Halls of the Almighty, bouncing on His knee and bathed in His light...

...but then my parents had to FUCK, and bring my ass down here in 1968!

OH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in the Air Force 450 miles north of Tokyo at Misawa Air Base and I was getting ready to go to work.  I was walking to the shower and the news came on the radios, via Armed Forces Network, and you could have heard a pin drop in the barracks. I was 19 years old.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in the 10th grade. I had a free period (study hall) but I use to go and help my home room teacher in cleanup in his Chemistry classroom. He came in and told someone shot the President. When home and stayed glued to the TV. BobK
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was in the seventh grade in Junior High School and at lunch.  The Principal announced it over the loud speaker.

The lunch room broke into cheers.

That's right.  Cheers.

We were in the deep south and Kennedy was roundly hated.  His policies were against everything we believed in.

WOW, I've heard that from other folks too, and I still find it difficult to imagine.

I wouldn't be surprised if todays youth reacted in that fashion, but I thought that kids were a little more respectful in 1963.

I was raised by two dyed-in-the-wool democrats (I've repented , and shown them the error of their ways), but I remember my mother crying when Reagan was shot.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Great thread...

I was in grade school, 5'th grade I think,
smokin in the boy's room
in between classes.  Actually I remember being
at the urinal when a same grade girl, and
neighbor, Joanne Thomas, came into the
sanctuary of the boy's room to tell us what had
happened.  
I remember being amazed that she would/could
come into the room...  This was a parish school,
where the boys and girls were seperated into
seperate halves of the building.

DanM
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I was 13 and in school.  Was in Gym class and an announcement came over the loudspeaker.  They sent everyone home and I watched the coverage on TV.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I was five years old. I vaguely remember watching the event on a black and white TV, and wondering why my grandmother was crying.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top